cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
God I hope not. Let’s get some factory rubber on the production models to expand the options for the end user. I’d really like an option for “sport” radial wheels and tires like Rivian offers, if you’ve ever driven a truck with MT’s for 30k miles you’ll understand why.
What will come at delivery depends on how the CT wants to be perceived. Road truck or off-road capable... If they want a road truck perception, then they will offer the street tires other truck mfg. offer...you know...the ones that guys that hit dirt every once in a while get rid of immediately.
If CT wants an off-road capable perception, then they will take the route GMC took with their trail boss version of the silverado, the TRX offers, etc. They all offer an all-terrain or hybrid terrain tire.

The best tire I've used on many trucks is the hybrid terrain style tire. It is all-terrain in the middle, with MT ish lugs on the outside. More road noise than a pure street tire, but not by much and the ride feels the same as a street tire. All of that while looking like a mud tire and also having those outer lugs to grip when you need them to on back-country roads after a rain. I've put my ridgegrapplers through some abuse on very rough, rocky terrain and extremely muddy terrain pulling trailers. and done it many, many times. I've had the same pair on the truck for 45k miles. Probably get 10k more out of them. They perform great and I don't hear them in the cabin. If something like this doesn't come on the CT, I will immediately swap out.
Tesla Cybertruck Tire size? 1622066709492
Sponsored

repo4sale

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM2500Diesel
Occupation
Landlord
Country flag
315-60-20 aka 35inch tire and 12.5" wide, LT 8 ply rated on 20 inch rim. 6 bolt pattern..... Goodyear, M&S rated, see attached photo... I'll probably get some Ford Raptor or RAM REBEL Off Road 20" 6bolt pattern mags & tires vs. Tesla rims...
Tesla Cybertruck Tire size? TeslaTireWheel3156020

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
35 x 12.5 tires on 17" rims. Truck is leveled but not lifted.

Tesla Cybertruck Tire size? PXL_20230117_202256290

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
C&D did a comparison of the Rivian tire options and found that at 75mph on highway the stock ATs a 30% range decrease compared to stock road tire option, despite the former bing in 20s and latter being on 22s

Folks toying with Lightning builds seeing similarly drastic changes at higher speeds.

Just goes to remind that an enormous contributor to ultimate range will be where literally the rubber meets the road

Deleted member 12457

jeep1.jpg

I'm getting the "CyberTires"
Check out the youtube channel by "Casey LaDelle" who does car/truck rescue (tow truck type things) in the snow. Just about the only way to drive on non-plowed , heavy snow roads. Not great gas mileage but would be interesting on a multi-motor CT.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
35 x 12.5 tires on 17" rims. Truck is leveled but not lifted.

PXL_20230117_202256290.jpg
Leveling typically means the front end has been lifted. Doing this is pretty much the same thing as saying, "my truck is meant to drive around empty most of the time".

Cybertrucks will probably be self-levelling to adjust for different loads.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Doing this is pretty much the same thing as saying, "my truck is meant to drive around empty most of the time".
What are you on about?

Leveling kits became popular after federal laws on max bumper height were enacted - manufactures began having to rake truck noses downward to comply

prior to those laws, trucks came “leveled”

and since leveling kits are up front, hey have almost zero effect on truck payload/towing

(Aero is another matter)

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I haven't personally gotten close enough to check the tire size, but have you tried looking up the make and model of the vehicle? Sometimes you can find the exact tire size that's recommended for it online. It might also be worth taking a peek at the owner's manual if you have access to it. In terms of finding the perfect tire size for your own vehicle, I recently stumbled upon a handy tool called TireSizesCalculator.com. It's a simple website that lets you input your vehicle's make, model, and year, and it spits out the tire sizes that are recommended for it.

NADA.

Tesla Cybertruck Tire size? IMG_9817

T Sportline

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, X Plaid, MYP, M3P, Cybertruck order