scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
These guys are targeting pickup truck EVs specifically ...
https://www.toyotires.com/open-country-at3-ev

"The all-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV is a cutting-edge EV-specific all-terrain replacement tire designed to increase the capability of today’s most popular EV trucks and SUVs. The innovative aerodynamic and rolling resistance features, such as a sidewall AeroWing™, advanced tread compound, and optimized tread pattern, address the unique vehicle requirements, like rapid acceleration, additional weight, and range efficiency. It also delivers exceptional off-road performance, confidence-inspiring on-road handling, and ride comfort – all while being equipped with Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake for all-weather driving confidence. The Open Country A/T III EV provides a significant upgrade to enhance your EV’s capability, appearance, and efficiency.​

COMING SOON: The first size will be available February 2024 with other fitments planned to be released later in the year."

Tesla Cybertruck Tires: All-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV targeting Cybertruck (and other EV pickups) r71Cn6F

Tesla Cybertruck Tires: All-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV targeting Cybertruck (and other EV pickups) 6AxJT2h
Sponsored

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Worth noting that the OEM ‘street’ tires from Tesla are from Pirelli’s ELECT line of tires, all purpose-built for EVs

though, I understand not everyone who has tried other ELECT line tires has been satisfied, particularly with tire wear

but I’m not certain that tire wear will be well avoidable in trucks of this weight, power, and especially with adjustable height suspensions

Tesla Cybertruck Tires: All-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV targeting Cybertruck (and other EV pickups) 50EADFAB-2B84-45C7-9B84-D0A93DF7F000
Tesla Cybertruck Tires: All-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV targeting Cybertruck (and other EV pickups) 1A033081-819E-495A-AAD0-43FDCE4D6ABD
Tesla Cybertruck Tires: All-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV targeting Cybertruck (and other EV pickups) 78D618AE-6C8C-46DB-92EF-04D5C04FEA46
Tesla Cybertruck Tires: All-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV targeting Cybertruck (and other EV pickups) 9E0CFFB8-F7D0-4F9E-A6CD-10823F9BD422
Tesla Cybertruck Tires: All-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV targeting Cybertruck (and other EV pickups) 745A5A4B-BD62-4AE6-9B53-DF8B88CE1FC1

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
looking forward to the Noise Reduction on the stock Goodyear ATs, that for me will be huge, i want a quiet ride on my ATs.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
I have the Pirelli’s ELECT line on all my Rivians. They are pretty good but many owners complaint of premature thread wear. These Toyo looks promising. I might try them on my Rivian once proper sizes are available. I can't wait :geek:

Skydog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Plaid
Occupation
Auto shop owner
Country flag
Awesome Awesome tire!!!!

OP
OP
scottf200

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Awesome Awesome tire!!!!
Which one as more than one has been talked about?

Do you or customers have good long-term experience with the one you are talking about?

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I have the Pirelli’s ELECT line on all my Rivians. They are pretty good but many owners complaint of premature thread wear. These Toyo looks promising. I might try them on my Rivian once proper sizes are available. I can't wait :geek:
My SUV came from Japan with Toyo tires. Wery good tires with excellent grip, but went worn three times faster than Michelin.

Skydog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Plaid
Occupation
Auto shop owner
Country flag
Which one as more than one has been talked about?

Do you or customers have good long-term experience with the one you are talking about?
Toyo Open Country A/T III EV

OP
OP
scottf200

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Toyo Open Country A/T III EV
Do you have experience with Toyo tires? Trying to understand your remarks are based on?

Aside -- compared their non-EVs they don't show much except some magic reason the only change is 'fuel efficiency'.
Tesla Cybertruck Tires: All-new Toyo Open Country A/T III EV targeting Cybertruck (and other EV pickups) a7FmF2T

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
If Toyo is coming out with these, does that mean Nitto will start making an EV specific tire? They are sister companies. Nitto Ridgegrappler is what I have on my Ram 2500 right now. They wear pretty well, but I'd bet for the CT you'd want something like a hybrid all-terrain. Street type center or less aggressive AT center and some AT outer lugs. The Ridgegrappler is AT center and mud tire looking outer lugs.

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
So, nothing special for winter driving? Looking for winter specific tires

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If Toyo is coming out with these, does that mean Nitto will start making an EV specific tire? They are sister companies. Nitto Ridgegrappler is what I have on my Ram 2500 right now. They wear pretty well, but I'd bet for the CT you'd want something like a hybrid all-terrain. Street type center or less aggressive AT center and some AT outer lugs. The Ridgegrappler is AT center and mud tire looking outer lugs.
I hope so, I've had 2 sets of Nitto's on my current truck and been very happy with them. Had Toyo's on previous trucks and was also happy with them - so both brands capable of making a quality tire and the market is heading that way so you'd think they'd be spending the R&D on it...summary = guessing Nitto's will be EV specific at some point.

OP
OP
scottf200

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
These look cool but can you really beat BFG KO2 tires?
What does beat mean? What is all your criteria? There is performance and "looks" which is subjective and varied.

Example of *some* normal performance criteria. Lot of other weather/terrain criteria too.
a7FmF2T.jpg
Sponsored