To believe or not believe...

Will a production CT from Giga Texas be delivered to a reservation holder before 1 Jan 2023?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The series of events as I experienced in bullet points

1. EM publicly announced WFH should return to the office if they want to remain employed
2. Leek for the 10% reduction and the I donut feel good about economy
3. EM publicly clarified the 10% reduction was for white collar and not blue collar workers.
I think step 2 was more along the lines of “Media took the leak and posted a bunch of nonsense which vastly egaggerates the actual impact.”

If the press had posted the original email Musk’s clarification would have been unnecessar.

Tesla Cybertruck To believe or not believe... 1654444128916

Pretty clear from the original head count reduction was not 10% of all employees which is what the media reported.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I would be slightly nervous if I had marketing in my title.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Why invest in Tesla? Simple, I am bullish in the long term.

The argument about taking my toys and going home to start a company is foolish to infer a successful person must do everything correct and nothing wrong. I am a fan of Elon, I am a great fan of Tesla and SpaceX but, I do not share some of his political views and would make some decisions differently given the same circumstances. Yes, some of those decisions would lead to better results, others less so.

As an investor, I rather the growth be related to company success and not influenced by uncertainty. In reality, uncertainty and investing is hand in hand.

Why do you think I should take a black or white position instead of living in gray?
The question I have is what makes you qualified to sit in the peanut gallery and throw peanut shells at the man performing work on your behalf?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The question I have is what makes you qualified to sit in the peanut gallery and throw peanut shells at the man performing work on your behalf?
My ticket is when I purchased a share. I have some experience and knowledge in this area. I also do not ask, nor want, anyone to believe me blindly.

Why do you think I cannot have and voice my opinion on the subject?

Edit, more clarity is coming from Elon, white collar hiring is now headed to be flat instead of a reduction. Blue collar is growing.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would be slightly nervous if I had marketing in my title.
It's never good when under-performing employees become too complacent. Of course, the employees who are driving the mission forward know who they are know they are not impacted by this. It's only the marginal employees, in the bottom 10% who will be impacted. Actually, since it's only salaried workers, it's only the bottom 5% who are impacted.

The ones near the cutoff should be worried and, if they know what's good for them, they will focus on the job given to them a little more clearly. That is good for the mission.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My ticket is when I purchased a share. I have some experience and knowledge in this area. I also do not ask, nor want, anyone to believe me blindly.

Why do you think I cannot have and voice my opinion on the subject?
You can voice your opinion, it's just that Elon has a track record of huge successes that are very visible and measurable while you do not. This proves that Elon's modus operandi works in a superior manner. The proof is in the pudding - it's how we define excellence. By the results, not the messy way the results are achieved.

In other words, I trust Elon's judgement more than yours. It's actually not even close.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
It's never good when under-performing employees become too complacent. Of course, the employees who are driving the mission forward know who they are know they are not impacted by this. It's only the marginal employee, in the bottom 10% who will be impacted. Since it's only salaried workers, it's only the bottom 5% who are impacted.

The ones near the cutoff should be worried and, if they know what's good for them, they will focus on the job given to them a little more clearly.
There are four main categories in these situations

Those who immediately look for other employment. The two subsets are performers and non-performers.

Those who do not seek other employment and have the same two sub categories. Performers and non-performers.

Performers seeking employment elsewhere drains talent from the company. Non-performers who do not seek employment are risking their personal financial lives the most.

Non-performers seeking other employment ultimately help the company by doing so. However, non-performers who are not documented, mentored and set up for success is a failing on those they report to in the company.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
It’s not super great when Elon is communicating to his team that he is feeling super bad feelings about the economy. When people have super bad feelings about the economy they tend to not spend as much. I know Musk is a little dramatic so it may not mean much, but it doesn’t quite line up that he would be kicking off their biggest new product in less than a year and he is firing a significant percentage of their leadership.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s not super great when Elon is communicating to his team that he is feeling super bad feelings about the economy. When people have super bad feelings about the economy they tend to not spend as much. I know Musk is a little dramatic so it may not mean much, but it doesn’t quite line up that he would be kicking off their biggest new product in less than a year and he is firing a significant percentage of their leadership.
This whole “Super Bad Feeling” comment which was supposedly in an email is completely out of context. Given the treatment of the “10% salaried staff reduction“ email, I would take it with a massive grain of salt.

We haven’t even seen the text of the email with the super bad feeling quote in it.

Its hard to be concerned about a comment which might or might not have been in an email which nobody can produce.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Absolutely not before Jan 1st 2023.

Tesla is going great guns around the world, but they have not prioritized the CyberTruck over say production of the Model Y.

I am hoping by the end of the summer 2023 a customer CyberTruck will be delivered. But I wouldn't be surprised it was well into the fall.

The real issue is ramping production. If they deliver some CyberTrucks to customers at the end of 2023, most likely they will go on to produce about 150,000 in 2024. Are you that high on the list? If not, then are you hoping to get yours in 2025?

Last edited:

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Musk tweeted to confirm the 9k Ton press was for the CT body. There is another thread floating around here with the link.
Sounds like a 9,000 ton press from Italy could be at the Texas plant by this fall.
Apparently they have to finish testing it. Then disassemble it, pack and ship it.
Once it arrives in Texas, the manufacturer will fly to Austin and re-assemble it...and then train Tesla workers on operating it. With some more testing.

I think those in the know think June, July, August and September to accomplish all that. So possibly it will be up and running by Oct/Nov.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I imagine recalcitrant folk.

Where's the smoke ?