To believe or not believe...

Will a production CT from Giga Texas be delivered to a reservation holder before 1 Jan 2023?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Elon has already said that he will concentrate on the Model 3 and the Model Y back in 2021 for his project’s priority for 2022. That means that the Cybertruck and the $25,000 Tesla are out of the question for production in 2022.
Sponsored

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Since it is only the middle of 2022 with no signs of a Cybertruck production until the end of 2023, I went and rebuilt my transmission and that just went out, along with a set of new tires for my 24 year old Toyota van. No sense buy a new 2022 van and keep it only for one year until my Cybertruck rolls off of the assembly line.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
The real issue is ramping production. If they deliver some CyberTrucks to customers at the end of 2023, most likely they will go on to produce about 150,000 in 2024. Are you that high on the list? If not, then are you hoping to get yours in 2025?
I can't tell if you're asking rhetorically or if you are asking me (OP) personally; but I made my reservation for a CT3 the morning after the reveal. For whatever it is worth I think perr the unofficial tracker I'm like 90k in line overall, but more like 25k in line for the CT3. I don't expect to see anything from Tesla asking me to finalize my order this year. There was a time about a year ago that I thought 1st qtr 23' delivery might be possible. I don't think so anymore.
I posted the poll because of some crazy predictions I was reading. Glad to see only 1 in 5 here are nuts.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I can't tell if you're asking rhetorically or if you are asking me (OP) personally; but I made my reservation for a CT3 the morning after the reveal. For whatever it is worth I think perr the unofficial tracker I'm like 90k in line overall, but more like 25k in line for the CT3. I don't expect to see anything from Tesla asking me to finalize my order this year. There was a time about a year ago that I thought 1st qtr 23' delivery might be possible. I don't think so anymore.
I posted the poll because of some crazy predictions I was reading. Glad to see only 1 in 5 here are nuts.
90,000 in line is great! I am back at about 300,000.
So, IF, if they ever get around to building the CyberTruck, I am probably a 2025 delivery :-(

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tesla could easily do a Hummer and deliver 1 Cybertruck.

And say, 'we deliver baby !!!!!!!

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
I’ve had to push away my hopes that I’ll get one in anytime soon. It just gives me false hope, and I really hope in the cute Elon will learn not to give out wild and crazy production time frames. I almost feel like when I finally get it in my driveway, all the excitement I felt will be gone.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’ve had to push away my hopes that I’ll get one in anytime soon. It just gives me false hope, and I really hope in the cute Elon will learn not to give out wild and crazy production time frames. I almost feel like when I finally get it in my driveway, all the excitement I felt will be gone.
It’s probably better this way. Wait it out and see if you are still excited once they are actually shipping. Still lots of mystery about what the final looks like price/ feature wise.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Sounds like a 9,000 ton press from Italy could be at the Texas plant by this fall.
Apparently they have to finish testing it. Then disassemble it, pack and ship it.
Once it arrives in Texas, the manufacturer will fly to Austin and re-assemble it...and then train Tesla workers on operating it. With some more testing.

I think those in the know think June, July, August and September to accomplish all that. So possibly it will be up and running by Oct/Nov.
The more I think about the CT delays the more I realize its all because the 9T press. Even if the entire factory was set up and the workers were at their stations in the beginning of 2021, they couldnt do anything until the press was installed. End of story. There have been debates on here about the batteries being the delay, the engineering, the economy or shortages. Its all wrong. Its that press that Elon has been buying time with. It takes time to build the largest press in the world and Elon greatly overestimated how quickly they could get that done. If you watch the Idra videos they were going completely experimental mode to try to figure out if they could make it work and they did!

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
The real question is will there be a delivery by Jan 1, 2024. Elon only stated production in 2023. He left out deliveries in 2023 for a reason.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The more I think about the CT delays the more I realize its all because the 9T press. Even if the entire factory was set up and the workers were at their stations in the beginning of 2021, they couldnt do anything until the press was installed. End of story. There have been debates on here about the batteries being the delay, the engineering, the economy or shortages. Its all wrong. Its that press that Elon has been buying time with. It takes time to build the largest press in the world and Elon greatly overestimated how quickly they could get that done. If you watch the Idra videos they were going completely experimental mode to try to figure out if they could make it work and they did!
I think the estimates are that after Idra has given it the final check, it can be disassembled, shipped, re-assembled, and deployed in Austin by the fall. If that happens, there could be some Beta versions of CyberTrucks running around by Christmas? Assuming the engineering is all done by then of course.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Elon has already said that he will concentrate on the Model 3 and the Model Y back in 2021 for his project’s priority for 2022. That means that the Cybertruck and the $25,000 Tesla are out of the question for production in 2022.
Thats because he didnt have the press to build the CT even if he wanted to.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The real question is will there be a delivery by Jan 1, 2024. Elon only stated production in 2023. He left out deliveries in 2023 for a reason.
Agreed. The Kool-Aid drinkers have 100,000 CTs rolling out for Christmas 2022. I think we still have a ways to go though. Eventually it will be here. Eventually. I can trade in my Rivian or Lightning on it! LOL

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s always been a checklist. Batteries and the GigaPress have always been the top 2 items on that list. Seems like both will be in place before year end.

Something to fold stainless quickly is the big puzzle piece we don’t know about.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thats because he didnt have the press to build the CT even if he wanted to.
👍. Whatever the case maybe, the Cybertruck can’t be built without that press. Fortunately, I can wait until the pressure is installed.
Sponsored