Underdog86

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x, Foundation Cybertruck
Country flag
Towed 10,400 pound generator today, pulled it like a champ auto level worked perfect!!!!

60miles one way, started out at 93% down to 50% when I pulled into location.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Under 100 miles when towing, that is tough for a work truck.
Is it? How far is the job site? I can't imagine crews are driving 100-120 miles a day regularly.

This is a 50 mil radius loop around central PHX.

Basically the whole metro. I find that unlikely.

30 miles? Maybe. 40? Even possible. 50-60 miles one way? I dunno about that....

Tesla Cybertruck Towed a 10,400 pound generator today! 1711666870693-2q

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Towed 10,400 pound generator today, pulled it like a champ auto level worked perfect!!!!

Nice! No weight distribution hitch?

Curious if the fuel tank is over the trailer axles or how you adjust the tongue weight to compensate for full/empty fuel tanks?

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Is it? How far is the job site? I can't imagine crews are driving 100-120 miles a day regularly.

This is a 50 mil radius loop around central PHX.

Basically the whole metro. I find that unlikely.

30 miles? Maybe. 40? Even possible. 50-60 miles one way? I dunno about that....

1711666870693-2q.jpg
Yeah, people forget that wage earning employees driving to/from job sites are not doing productive work and it becomes increasingly uneconomic to pay wages/fuel towing long distances. It does happen in different industries, and for sure in the oilfield services industry, but most small businesses like plumbing, heating and A/C, electrical, construction, etc., stay in a local area most of the time to remain competitive. I've towed a lot on various jobs over the decades, almost always within a 50-mile radius.

Even companies that regularly take jobs out of area could have a mixed fleet, and save all the gas (and time fueling) by only having 20-50% gas/diesel trucks for more distant jobs and using electric for everything else.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
All gravel road?, mostly? A little?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
, stay in a local area most of the time to remain competitive. I've towed a lot on various jobs over the decades, almost always within a 50-mile radius.
That's my point here that will be overlooked by others too. 80% of the work is probably inside a 20 mile radius. Time is literally money.

Multiple stops today? Fine... There's a Panda Express next to the supercharger for your lunch break. 🤝

They'll work when you decide to try them. (I hope this doesn't come across combative to anyone, it's just... it truly works like you said @HaulingAss ..... most of the time)

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Yeah, people forget that wage earning employees driving to/from job sites are not doing productive work and it becomes increasingly uneconomic to pay wages/fuel towing long distances. It does happen in different industries, and for sure in the oilfield services industry, but most small businesses like plumbing, heating and A/C, electrical, construction, etc., stay in a local area most of the time to remain competitive. I've towed a lot on various jobs over the decades, almost always within a 50-mile radius.

Even companies that regularly take jobs out of area could have a mixed fleet, and save all the gas (and time fueling) by only having 20-50% gas/diesel trucks for more distant jobs and using electric for everything else.
If I did not let my guys take their work trucks home they would quit, some of them live 30+ miles from the office and them driving 30 miles to the office, then if the jobsite was 20-30 miles the other direction it could easily be a 120 mile day. With big loads the CT won't do much over 100 miles and that is at 100% to zero and I don't want the batteries getting slammed to 100% every day, or running dead on the side of the road.
CT is fine for a trip to the store or to run to a jobsite but for towing don't think it is viable for a business.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
auto level worked perfect!!!!
I forget who posted this excellent video but I think many people towing with the CT (Rivian, etc) think that if it is level then it is good enough. That really does NOT put the weight back on the front wheels though.

The Difference Between Using Weight Distribution and Air Bags to Level Your Load

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If I did not let my guys take their work trucks home they would quit, some of them live 30+ miles from the office and them driving 30 miles to the office, then...
Why would you have them tow the equipment home, if they have to go to the office?

Honestly, why are they driving the truck home if they're going to the office first anyhow?

It doesn't seem like you're contradicting HaulingAss at all.

-Crissa

kpanda17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3RWD, Tesla Model MYP
Country flag

very cool, i want your job
amazing seeing the CT with the good old big boys
any opinions from the good old boys?

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I forget who posted this excellent video but I think many people towing with the CT (Rivian, etc) think that if it is level then it is good enough. That really does NOT put the weight back on the front wheels though.

The Difference Between Using Weight Distribution and Air Bags to Level Your Load
Keep in mind that since the CT is a unibody you shouldn't be using a weight distribution hitch
Sponsored