Transfer fsd and premium connectivity from my 3 to ct?

Kami

First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Small business owner
Country flag
I have fsd and premium connectivity on my model 3. I'd like to know, is it possible to transfer those to my new cybertruck?
Sponsored

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
If you subscribe monthly to Premium Connectivity and FSD, then Yes! you can transfer them to your new vehicle... Next month.

If you bought FSD at full price, you can get your money back for it when you sell it to somebody who want FSD as much as you did. They give you $15,000 more than an identical Model 3 without FSD and you use that money to "transfer" your FSD to your CyberTruck. If you decide to sell your trade in for less than it's worth... that's up to you. The true value of FSD is whatever the going rate for it is on used vehicles.

ZAKEEUS

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X, Cybertruck
Country flag
If you subscribe monthly to Premium Connectivity and FSD, then Yes! you can transfer them to your new vehicle... Next month.

If you bought FSD at full price, you can get your money back for it when you sell it to somebody who want FSD as much as you did. They give you $15,000 more than an identical Model 3 without FSD and you use that money to "transfer" your FSD to your CyberTruck. If you decide to sell your trade in for less than it's worth... that's up to you. The true value of FSD is whatever the going rate for it is on used vehicles.
Used Teslas with FSD are not selling for $15k more than ones with Autopilot.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Used Teslas with FSD are not selling for $15k more than ones with Autopilot.
Exactly!!!

There is no reason for FSD to depreciate. It doesn't wear out, it doesn't get used up, it doesn't go out of style. If used Teslas with FSD sell for a... what... $5000 premium?!? over those without FSD. Then FSD is only worth $5000. It doesn't matter if you paid $4k, or $7k, or $10k, or $15k for it. It was only worth the resale value of it.

Wanting to "transfer" FSD to your new car is kind of puzzling. Let's say you bought FSD or $15k when you bought your car. Knowing that Tesla won't let you transfer it to your CyberTruck, you agree to sell your Model 3 to somebody for $45k, then just before you sign the contract, Tesla contacts you to tell you that starting now, they'll allow you to transfer FSD to your CT. Would the person who was buying your car, and wanted FSD so bad that they were willing to pay $15k above the cost of a mere autopilot car still agree to pay you the full $45k, or would they demand that you drop the price so that they can pay Tesla $15k for FSD after they get the "keys" to your car? No! Your car isn't worth $15k extra anymore. If you "transfer" FSD to your new car, you have to accept $15k less.

If this were the case, did you really "transfer" your FSD?!? 🤔

Last edited:

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
I think most everyone who ordered a CT gets the option of FSD for $7,000. It was a zero cost, zero obligation option to tick FSD and lock in the $7,000 price.

Tesla Cybertruck Transfer fsd and premium connectivity from my 3 to ct? cybertruck original order scree

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hang on, I didn't know we could transfer FSD. Can you?

If hyperthetically in the future FSD is $20,000, just specify as a condition of sale +20,000 for the FSD.

Just have to find the right buyer.

Then just buy FSD again with the new car.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
I have fsd and premium connectivity on my model 3. I'd like to know, is it possible to transfer those to my new cybertruck?
Tesla has NEVER offered FSD/Prem. Conn. transfers and likely never will.

Many have learned their lessons the hard way and will stick with the subscription options as needed for their next Tesla's IMO.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
I think most everyone who ordered a CT gets the option of FSD for $7,000. It was a zero cost, zero obligation option to tick FSD and lock in the $7,000 price.
I did select FSD at $7k initially, but later removed it upgrading my trim selection from a Dual-Motor to Tri-Motor.

I've never been an FSD fan, my use case (mostly local driving / 10-20 minute drives) just doesn't take advantage of it's usefulness and FSD will NEVER drive like I want it to around town. On my first Model 3 (2018 LR RWD) I actually drove it for a full year without even Autopilot (was not standard at the time) and honestly still enjoyed every day with it.

At $7k I could just subscribe as needed jumping in and out for 3-years, and considering the longest I ever keep vehicles is 3-5 years it just doesn't make sense to purchase any software package upfront. Also consider once pricing is released I'm betting many will need to drop the FSD package to keep the MSRP under the Federal incentive cap of $80k.

OP
OP

Kami

First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Small business owner
Country flag
I use the fsd as much as possible as I have adhd and I'm easily distracted by my son who is in the back seat asking me to skip this song, search up that song etc. So it's a necessity for me.

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I use the fsd as much as possible as I have adhd and I'm easily distracted by my son who is in the back seat asking me to skip this song, search up that song etc. So it's a necessity for me.
I, too, use FSD virtually all the time. It’s just cool, fun, and I like feeding the matrix database to make it better. I also find monitoring FSD is much easier than simply driving. I can scan all around me without worrying that I’ll re-end somebody if they slam on their brakes.

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
I love FSD and having it on the CT is a big deal for me. On the Model 3 it cost $7k five+ years ago and it is worth $4k on a resale bump (Kelly Blue Book) so I am very happy with the $3k net cost / value equation. Will definitely buy CT with a $7k FSD package, but I would not pay much over that.
Sponsored