Tug of War: CyberTruck vs. diesel GMC Silverado (by Cyber Hooligan)

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
A youtuber is trying to produce content, that generates clicks. So did EE. Anti-tesla and anti-cybertruck content is one of the best ways to do this. Unfortunately EEs whole arguement is based on the wrong assumtion, that the 911 in the video would have done the 1/4 mile in 12.2sec. Yes: 911 carreras can go even faster than that. But not every time, especially if you dont buy the launchcontrol-addon. I even seriously doubt, that a quite unexperienced dragracedriver could do a 12.5sec time in such a car with cold tires, even if he/she tries 20 times. Launching a CT is much less of a problem and will always lead to the same result. Thats why the race was fair in my opinion.
How is it “anti-Tesla” is everything that is said negative “anti-Tesla” what a weird way to look at it. He has a huge following without trashing Tesla, I doubt he needs more views.
Sponsored

Amuma

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It's a diesel truck of course the CT will lose. Never was designed to match up against

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
This is a duplicate thread - discussed here:

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...ruck-can’t-tug-of-war-software-limited.12521/

To be clear, the Cybertruck didn’t “lose,” it couldn’t pull at all if the hitched to something with opposing direction - it appears somehow software limited at the traction control level.

Set aside the silly tug stunt, the question becomes: what happens when the CT has a large boat on a steep boat ramp?

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
How is it “anti-Tesla” is everything that is said negative “anti-Tesla” what a weird way to look at it. He has a huge following without trashing Tesla, I doubt he needs more views.
Does a huge following all of a sudden mean, that he has to be right in this case? Math and physics are not resolved by voting. Especially not by the voting of highly unqualified people. And yes: he always can use some more views. I didnt even know him before. Guess why: because I already know all the (highly simplified) basics he is using and therefore all the stuff he is presenting.

Some examples of YOUR attempt to make unfunded anti-tesla statements:

"The Tesla test was a gimmick, it really doesn’t prove anything."
"All this was done to cover up for the less than expected range."
"For all we know the driver intentionally lost that race"

None of this is correct if you look at it. Even the range issue: Dual Motor should have 300+ miles, it now has almost 340miles. You can buy an extender to close to 500miles. Whats the problem? That it is more expensive? Dont buy it then. Or wait, until it will be cheaper. Or buy a rivian or a lightning, if you think, you will get more for your money.

But I dont expect you to come to sense, just like you did after your 911 carrera - arguements crumbled to dust.

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
It's a diesel truck of course the CT will lose. Never was designed to match up against
What a technical funded statement. Who told you? Your dieseltruckdealer?
ROFL

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I didnt even know him before. Guess why: because I already know all the (highly simplified) basics he is using and therefore all the stuff he is presenting.
if you in particular didn’t know him before, what relevance is that?

Are you the bellwether for all legitimacy?

As for simplifications: it’s called ‘Engineering Explained’ - as in, Bill Nye for adults interested in auto engineering.

It’s simplistic by design, to help the lay person.

You already know it all? Sounds fun at parties.

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
I own one đŸ€Ą
Of course you do. Otherwise you would not feel the need to present the superiority of your rig as a fact, although you know nothing about it.

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
if you in particular didn’t know him before, what relevance is that?

Are you the bellwether for all legitimacy?

As for simplifications: it’s called ‘Engineering Explained’ - as in, Bill Nye for adults interested in auto engineering.

It’s simplistic by design, to help the lay person.

You already know it all? Sounds fun at parties.
I know all the stuff ee presents (at least after whatching some of his stuff). Guess why: I am an engineer. And therefore I am qualified to judge the quality of the presented math and simplifications. Thats why I dare to claim : ee did a terrible job in this video. And all the teslabashing halfwits applauded while ee cashes big bucks from all those halfwitclicks. THAT is misleading marketing.
But keep on believing oversimplified BS for lay person and avoid the input of better educated and better trained people, if you enjoy the illusion of beeing under the smartest at parties so much.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
if you enjoy the illusion of beeing under the smartest at parties so much.
the irony of your comments

Guess why: I am an engineer.
How do you tell apart an engineer and a vegan?

you don’t have to: within their first three sentences, they’ll tell you

Thats why I dare to claim : ee did a terrible job in this video.
describe exactly what’s “terrible”

because, true to engineer form, it doesn’t appear you understand the context and so relevant social cues of what is/isn’t being discussed

Don’t attribute to EE what he didn’t say, but anti-Tesla folks misrepresented/misconstrued

EE is broadly a big Tesla fan.

He’s right, however, to clarify/call out when Tesla’s marketing stunts are misrepresenting info.

Musk, and a Tesla fanbois, said and regurgitated that the CT won in a 1/4mi drag. It wasn’t a 1/4mi drag.

EE didn’t need to get into f’ing fluid dynamics to explain how 1/8th mile isn’t a 1/4 mi.

EE appropriately captions the extent and import of his critique of that.

Frankly, what’s left are only anti-Tesla (them) and Tesla fanbois (you) equally misrepresenting what EE did/didn’t say - neither better than the other

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm not delusional and I also think this video is dumb af.
I’m not sure what exactly you think is dumb, but can vaguely empathize with disliking influenza vids. (Though cyberhooligan is a little different - don’t know if you’ve seen his build)

In any event, dumb as it may be generally, within it is an interesting central point:

Specifically, that the CT appears software prohibited from any tug-like operation. Soon as it sensed rearward pull, the CT cut power.

and again, who cares if the CT can’t tug - but separately, what does this softwear limit mean in situations that might feel to the CT like rearward rolling force: like being on a steep, slippery, boat ramp attempting to pull out a big boat

Amuma

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’m not sure what exactly you think is dumb, but can vaguely empathize with disliking influenza vids. (Though cyberhooligan is a little different - don’t know if you’ve seen his build)

In any event, dumb as it may be generally, within it is an interesting central point:

Specifically, that the CT appears software prohibited from any tug-like operation. Soon as it sensed rearward pull, the CT cut power.

and again, who cares if the CT can’t tug - but separately, what does this softwear limit mean in situations that might feel to the CT like rearward rolling force: like being on a steep, slippery, boat ramp attempting to pull out a big boat
But I agree with this! Do not understand the disconnect. Again the video is not to truly be taking seriously and I do not think the OP meant for that. I'm just trying to stop people from jumping off cliffs here. Continue on...

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Does a huge following all of a sudden mean, that he has to be right in this case? Math and physics are not resolved by voting. Especially not by the voting of highly unqualified people. And yes: he always can use some more views. I didnt even know him before. Guess why: because I already know all the (highly simplified) basics he is using and therefore all the stuff he is presenting.

Some examples of YOUR attempt to make unfunded anti-tesla statements:

"The Tesla test was a gimmick, it really doesn’t prove anything."
"All this was done to cover up for the less than expected range."
"For all we know the driver intentionally lost that race"

None of this is correct if you look at it. Even the range issue: Dual Motor should have 300+ miles, it now has almost 340miles. You can buy an extender to close to 500miles. Whats the problem? That it is more expensive? Dont buy it then. Or wait, until it will be cheaper. Or buy a rivian or a lightning, if you think, you will get more for your money.

But I dont expect you to come to sense, just like you did after your 911 carrera - arguements crumbled to dust.
Except this wasn’t the DM being used

When I said it was gimmick, I was basically trying to defend the Cybertruck from this video, but somehow you took offense to it?

If the Cyberbeast had achieved the 500 miles promised that would have been up and center in this presentation, so yes, this was the gimmick to “Wow” everyone

Again, every manufacturer manipulates their testing, I’m not sure why you feel so offended that Tesla might be doing the same. Do you currently own a Tesla?

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
the irony of your comments

How do you tell apart an engineer and a vegan?

you don’t have to: within their first three sentences, they’ll tell you

describe exactly what’s “terrible”

because, true to engineer form, it doesn’t appear you understand the context and so relevant social cues of what is/isn’t being discussed

Don’t attribute to EE what he didn’t say, but anti-Tesla folks misrepresented/misconstrued

EE is broadly a big Tesla fan.

He’s right, however, to clarify/call out when Tesla’s marketing stunts are misrepresenting info.

Musk, and a Tesla fanbois, said and regurgitated that the CT won in a 1/4mi drag. It wasn’t a 1/4mi drag.

EE didn’t need to get into f’ing fluid dynamics to explain how 1/8th mile isn’t a 1/4 mi.

EE appropriately captions the extent and import of his critique of that.

Frankly, what’s left are only anti-Tesla (them) and Tesla fanbois (you) equally misrepresenting what EE did/didn’t say - neither better than the other
As I remember, musk himself said at the presentation, that it was not a complete 1/4 mile race, because of the speedlimit of the trailer (tires). He said, that the CT would have won the 1/4 mile race, after it was so far ahead at the 1/8 mile mark. EE tried to debunk this prediction, used invalid presumtions and threfore failed in his atempt. Again: no one knows, if the 911 was able to achieve 12.2sec on this track with its brand new, cold stock tires at stock tire pressure. His whole argument is built on this presumtion. If you take a more physical approach instead of counting frames to validate time and guessing lengths of things to calculate speed, you would come to following conclusion: Dragracing with potent vehicles is all about traction. As long as the front wheels are not almost lifted from the ground, AWD (especially with perfect tractioncontrol) is key, because it is able to use all of the vehicleweight to generate traction, while a RWD-verhicle loses the potential traction of the weight on the front wheels. An AWD vehicle pulling a trailer is quite compareable to a RWD vehicle: the pressure on the traileraxle is lost for traction. A 911 on a light trailer weighs about 1900kg. If you load the porsche a little bit forward, it gives 150kg of this 1900kg to the towing vehicle. A CB with 3100kg + trailer 1900kg = 5000kg overall. 3250kg lie on the driven axels, that is 65%. A RWD 911 has a rear to front weight ratio of about 60%. Therefore it has a disadvantage already. If the 911 with its manual gearbox messes up the launch just a little bit, it likely will lose. If the track is a little bit slippy and the theoretical better power to weight ratio (no one had a CB on the dyno sa far) of the 911 wont play out it will lose. If the driver isnt perfect at shifting, it will lose. These are the simple facts, ee just missed, although he acts quite cocky in his video.
Any thoughts to this approach, or will you just go on with your vegan/engineer bashing attempts to desperately stay ahead in the conversation?

Last edited:

PLC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L200
Country flag
Except this wasn’t the DM being used

When I said it was gimmick, I was basically trying to defend the Cybertruck from this video, but somehow you took offense to it?

If the Cyberbeast had achieved the 500 miles promised that would have been up and center in this presentation, so yes, this was the gimmick to “Wow” everyone

Again, every manufacturer manipulates their testing, I’m not sure why you feel so offended that Tesla might be doing the same. Do you currently own a Tesla?
I generally take offense, if somebody is talking trash to make things or people look bad. Again: the CB will reach about 500miles if you buy the extender. Whats the problem? Never noticed, that production vehicles almost never look like their prototypes? And no: lower real world range than EPA or WLTP numbers is not a manipulation, it is just a differnt style of driving or a different usecase. So far there is not a single proof of manipulation or of a marketing stunt. All I see is claptrap of youtube wannabes and their easy to impress followers.
Sponsored