Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
Definitely the 18s! More rubber is more better!

Where'd you get 18" beadlocks though? I've only ever seen 17" or smaller 😂

Metr0nome

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
Country flag
Love the 18”s. Did you just have to take off the little harmonic nub?? Any changes to sounds from the brakes or the truck in general when you removed it in order to fit the 18”vv

OP
OP
UP_Frank

UP_Frank

Site Sponsor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y
Country flag
Love the 18”s. Did you just have to take off the little harmonic nub?? Any changes to sounds from the brakes or the truck in general when you removed it in order to fit the 18”vv
Yep! The harmonic nub was removed to fit the 18" wheels. As far as I can tell, there isn't much of a difference!

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
These are made by us at Unplugged Performance!
Oh, cool! That'd explain it. Where are they manufactured, if I can ask that?

Also, are these DoT legal? All my past ones weren't. I mean, you could just say their faux beadlocks 😂

OP
OP
UP_Frank

UP_Frank

Site Sponsor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y
Country flag
Oh, cool! That'd explain it. Where are they manufactured, if I can ask that?

Also, are these DoT legal? All my past ones weren't. I mean, you could just say their faux beadlocks 😂
That I am not sure of!

As long as they tire is not mounted in the between the beadlock ring and the rim of the wheel, you can run these on the street no problem. They are true beadlocks when mounted as such. The photos shown in the post are without the beadlock ring on the wheel.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That I am not sure of!

As long as they tire is not mounted in the between the beadlock ring and the rim of the wheel, you can run these on the street no problem. They are true beadlocks when mounted as such. The photos shown in the post are without the beadlock ring on the wheel.
Right on! I love these so much. I'll be real though, as much as I'd like them, I doubt I could justify the price sadly. Any way you could sell these in the $800 range without going red? If you're making them yourself, they're gonna cost a ton to make without economy of scale.

OP
OP
UP_Frank

UP_Frank

Site Sponsor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y
Country flag
Right on! I love these so much. I'll be real though, as much as I'd like them, I doubt I could justify the price sadly. Any way you could sell these in the $800 range without going red? If you're making them yourself, they're gonna cost a ton to make without economy of scale.
I am not aware of any beadlock wheels that are in that price to be honest! You are looking at double that per wheel. Our wheels are fully forged with titanium hardware for the beadlocks.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I am not aware of any beadlock wheels that are in that price to be honest! You are looking at double that per wheel. Our wheels are fully forged with titanium hardware for the beadlocks.
Nice! 👍

I put these on my Rubicon. While they're 17s and wouldn't fit the stock CT, they are weight rated well enough for the CT. Not to be a contrarian or anything, but that's about my normal price range. I'd expect a little extra on 18s, of course.
Sponsored