Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Cyberbeast, S Plaid, X Plaid, MYP, M3P
Occupation
Upgrading Tesla Cybertrucks!
Country flag
Ugh you did it again. Put the T-Sportline on the face of the wheel. I thought that wasn't going to happen any longer.
It is only on the fully forged wheels, so that is 100% optional (since we CNC cut them 1 at a time). The flow wheels have no logos and no option for logo. Prefer no logo = no problem!

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Why does the width on an 18" wheel need to be wider than 9"? Why can't it be 8.5"? Also, why not make a 19" wheel? When I got new Martian wheels for my Model Y Performance, I went with smaller and narrower wheels to protect the rims from curbing. Now I can hit curbs all I want and nothing happens to the rims. Before the rims were wider than the tires and it was a bunch of stress. I don't like having to worry about rims. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T Sportline

T Sportline

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Why does the width on an 18" wheel need to be wider than 9"? Why can't it be 8.5"? Also, why not make a 19" wheel? When I got new Martian wheels for my Model Y Performance, I went with smaller and narrower wheels to protect the rims from curbing. Now I can hit curbs all I want and nothing happens to the rims. Before the rims were wider than the tires and it was a bunch of stress. I don't like having to worry about rims. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Good question....

Tires require a "minimum acceptable wheel width"...that drives the width on our wheels. Wheel width drives the contact patch / shape.

19" = no proper size / acceptable 'tires' exist, so while a 19" wheel could fit...no acceptable tires exist.

18" will give you plenty of curb protection and a softer ride here, yes.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Good question....

Tires require a "minimum acceptable wheel width"...that drives the width on our wheels. Wheel width drives the contact patch / shape.

19" = no proper size / acceptable 'tires' exist, so while a 19" wheel could fit...no acceptable tires exist.

Is it possible to do a narrower wheel though? Or is that just the nature of the beast (no pun intended) to make it fit with the brakes? 9.5" seems wide and the tires look pretty wide. I was thinking about a little less aggressive tread and a little narrower tire, but still decently wider than the rim, to get curb protection, AND hopefully end up with a little better range....

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
What is the range of offsets you can make with this wheel, whats the weight and can a true to height 35/12.5/18 fit ?

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
I just looked at my F350 Platinum and the Michelin tires say they are 20", but looking online it looks like the OEM wheels have to be 19.5" wheels for this truck? And they appear to come in either 6" or 6.75" width. So would a 19.5" wheel, that's 6" or 6.75" wide, work on the Cybertruck too if it had the right bolt pattern, or are the brakes on the Cybertruck just too big for that?

OP
OP
T Sportline

T Sportline

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I just looked at my F350 Platinum and the Michelin tires say they are 20", but looking online it looks like the OEM wheels have to be 19.5" wheels for this truck? And they appear to come in either 6" or 6.75" width. So would a 19.5" wheel, that's 6" or 6.75" wide, work on the Cybertruck too if it had the right bolt pattern, or are the brakes on the Cybertruck just too big for that?
shoot me a specific tire brand/size and I will explain...

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Have you ever shopped for tires? It sounds like you may not understand tire to wheel fitment. They make very VERY few 19.5 inch tires and you don't stretch tires to fit wheels. Tires generally have a minimum/maximum mounting width so you can pick the desired width tire as long as it is compatible with the wheel width and diameter.

I recommend reading up on how to match a tire dimension to wheel size, to get a general understanding before DIY'ing.

Last edited:

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
they ABSOLUTELY make 19.5” tires that mate to 19.5” wheels.

Have you ever shopped for tires? It sounds like you may not understand tire to wheel fitment. They don't make very VERY few 19.5 inch tires and you don't stretch tires to fit wheels. Tires generally have a minimum/maximum mounting width so you can pick the desired width tire as long as it is compatible with the wheel width and diameter.

I recommend reading up on how to match a tire dimension to wheel size, to get a general understanding before DIY'ing.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
they ABSOLUTELY make 19.5” tires that mate to 19.5” wheels.
I edited while you were posting. I mistakenly had a "don't" in there... Fixed:

"They don't make very VERY few tires in 19.5." A cursory look on TireRack found 10 tires. They all had a speed rating of 81-87mph.

That's very VERY few options with terrible limits. Compare 18" options to 19.5" and let me know if you see anything different.

Last edited:

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is the width and offset of your wheel? How much does it stick out past stock wheel in mm

What is the tire size and model. Tia

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag
Good question....

I have a more specific question here:

Are there any dedicated winter snow tires that will fit the 18” wheels and meet specs for the CT? Like a Blizzak or Hakkapeliitta? Typically narrower is better in this use scenario and i haven’t seen any pure winter tires that fit the CT thus far. So does your 18” wheel allow for this? If so, will you be offering an 18” cybersteelie wheel for a pure winter tire and wheel package sometime soon? I’m not a fan of all seasons that happen to have a mountain snowflake rating. My experience with them on crap roads with ice has been that they have far less grip than dedicated snow tires and I would love an option for a cheap(er) set of winter wheels and tires i can swap out for ski trips to the mountains and such but so far it looks like nothing is available. What is the actual tire size you are using for these wheels? Looks like the listing on your website for the 18” wheels still had the tire specs from the larger wheels listed so I am curious. Thanks for your time, and thanks for so many wheel options for the CT already. It’ll be a while before I get my CB but I am sure there are others that would like to hear the answer to this.

Cheers.
Sponsored