Unstoppable rattles

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Anybody else struggling with just continuous rattles in their cyber truck My floor creaks my left side dash panel rattles but those aren't the worst parts those I can handle there's a continuous plastic ticking noise in the back right corner of my truck I asked the dealer to look at it and they basically said oh they thought the panel was loose and it should be fixed well it's not and it's f****** driving me absolutely batshit crazy!

I should add that this rattle sounds like plastic tapping metal, and it doesn't stop on smooth roads and actually is more noticeable and smooth roads because it's even quieter in the truck still the point where I literally dread phone calls because I'll have to listen to the tapping plastic noise from the back of my truck continuously while on the phone.
Sponsored

Last edited:

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
I had one noise from behind back seats. Bad belt tensioner. Since replacement it’s very quiet. No squeaks or rattles to speak of. Despite a good few miles off / first roading. Jan build.

nico007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Beast
Country flag
Mine is at the shop now (second time) for two rattles. One just at the level of my left ear which occurs at high speed on the motorway (80+). And one at the back left which is much more frequent and louder.
Drove this morning with two mechanics and they believe that it’s the left headliner that is causing the problem.

roglewis

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I have a rattle near the front left that is hard to recreate consistently but very frustrating when it starts up.

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
I absolutely PRAY for no rattles....my 22MSLR had a few that couldn't be solved and I was a sad panda. (pickup this sunday)

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Anybody else struggling with just continuous rattles in their cyber truck My floor creaks my left side dash panel rattles but those aren't the worst parts those I can handle there's a continuous plastic ticking noise in the back right corner of my truck I asked the dealer to look at it and they basically said oh they thought the panel was loose and it should be fixed well it's not and it's f****** driving me absolutely batshit crazy!

I should add that this rattle sounds like plastic tapping metal, and it doesn't stop on smooth roads and actually is more noticeable and smooth roads because it's even quieter in the truck still the point where I literally dread phone calls because I'll have to listen to the tapping plastic noise from the back of my truck continuously while on the phone.
There is a creaking almost frog like sound while driving at around 30-35 MPH or so.

Creaking somewhere in the dash, not always there.

Ventilation fan is a little noisy on low (setting 2), little rattle or clunking sounds.

There is a fair amount of road noise and rumbling in the panels if the road is at all ruff.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I can’t stand rattles. They drive me nuts!

Our Model Y is tight as a drum. Zero rattles, squeaks or other annoying noises.

OP
OP
Darth abbott

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I can’t stand rattles. They drive me nuts!

Our Model Y is tight as a drum. Zero rattles, squeaks or other annoying noises.
Ya my trucks are to the point where they are destroying the love I have for it. I am confident I can figure out where it is come from. But super frustrating.

bigmoose70

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 23' Model X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Rattles are my bain. I’m praying I don’t have any. Might have to take the car apart myself to fix it because SC is useless. My 23 MX has had rattles since the first day and over a year later and 20 SC trips still not able to get them resolved.

OP
OP
Darth abbott

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Rattles are my bain. I’m praying I don’t have any. Might have to take the car apart myself to fix it because SC is useless. My 23 MX has had rattles since the first day and over a year later and 20 SC trips still not able to get them resolved.
Mine was good for 2 weeks then a little one from the front A piller drivers side which was not a big deal. Then the second from the back rear passenger. Have yet to find it but it's one that rattiall the time smooth and bumpy roads at all speeds. Those are the ones I can't handle lol

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
guess im fortunate im deaf out of my right ear....all I can hear is wind noise at speed in most cars! Hope you find it...def seems like you need a helper to narrow down the source!
Sponsored