Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I wonder if by configuration time there will be a "Plaid" performance package. Another $10k to the cost no doubt, but we can hope it comes standard with the Tri Motor to justify the $20k price jump from Dual to Tri, whilst Single to Dual is only a $10k jump.
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I wonder if by configuration time there will be a "Plaid" performance package. Another $10k to the cost no doubt, but we can hope it comes standard with the Tri Motor to justify the $20k price jump from Dual to Tri, whilst Single to Dual is only a $10k jump.
i don't think it will be included with the trimotor. The trimotor might be a 20k jump but it's also a 200 mile range increase and also incredible performance.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
i don't think it will be included with the trimotor. The trimotor might be a 20k jump but it's also a 200 mile range increase and also incredible performance.
Whatever they do... I'm compulsd to configure the fastest CT.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
I upgraded mine yesterday to dual motor. I have a class C RV now, when I get the CT, I'll sell my motorhome and buy a travel trailer. What kind of travel trailers people here plan to tow with their CT?
And it comes with a guest bedroom for when the inlaws drop in for a visit.

Tesla Cybertruck Upgraded order from dual to tri motor! 1598495675364

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Well single motor was supposed to be first, but thankfully with the much much higher demand for tri/dual motor options, Tri motor will be first, then dual, then single.
Have two Tri Motors on reserve, 1st at 123,xxx pole position, and the 2nd at 359,xxx, just because. Maybe as an "investment"........

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I have no doubt that a Quad Motor version is coming.
Maybe but i'm not an expert in automotives or the technology that's in a Tesla. Sure the difference between the Dual Motor and Tri Motor options is pretty big but how much of a difference will there be between tri/quad. Towing capacity could be limited by other factors, acceleration and speed might only have slight increases and i don't even know if the range would be better or worse.

Sure if they had a Quad motor option you could do the tank turn like the Rivian R1T, but lets be honest, that's fun for a little while and then you just do it to show off to people who haven't seen it. I'll just find someone with a Rivian and do it a couple times.

I would really just want a quad motor if they can increase that 0-60 a little more. I know it's already amazing for a truck and will beat the majority of cars out there, but every little bit extra, i will love.

Reactions: TAG

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I find it interesting that the EV GMC Hummer pickup will also offer single, dual and Tri motor versions. Let the EV pickup wars commence!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Well I think the Cybertruck shows the performance and utility increase that you can get between those motors. I'm actually more interested in Rivians reason for a Quad Motor. The Rivian R1T (and even R1S) have Quad Motors but they don't out perform the listed specs for the Tri Motor Cybertruck. I know that we haven't seen that Cybertruck yet but I have confidence that Tesla will deliver on the performance.

So is the 4th motor really needed? Not all motors on other Teslas are the same so maybe the Rivian will do the same and put weaker motors in the front and stronger in the back. Other than that, there are benefits to having a quad motor but I wonder if it's really worth putting it in.

I wish a company could do single/dual/tri/quad motor options so we could the the specs change between all 4 options.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I can see Tesla offering a quad motor option after the 2nd or 3rd year of production. I would be willing to bet that the exoskeleton is being designed/engineered to accept a 4th electric motor.

ELCTRUK

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.elctruk.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri Motor AWD w/FSD
Country flag
Funny, I did the same thing today. I did it because I wanted the extra range for back country exploring. I also added the full self driving. In the specs with the tri motor it said that auto pilot was standard. I assume that the full self driving is not auto pilot. It that correct?
That’s correct. ??

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Rivian and Lordstown are using the four motors to use lighter, independently controlled propulsion, which means no need for a differential.

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Rivian will be using inboard mounted electric motors (quad) at each wheel with a single speed gearbox.
Tesla Cybertruck Upgraded order from dual to tri motor! 1019F9BB-B208-4F02-A96A-0778570DC9A4

The Lordstown Endurance pickup will be using quad in-wheel electric motors. One obstacle is the additional unsprung mass of in-wheel motors, which makes tuning ride and handling more difficult. The in-wheel motors also need to be tough, as they can take quite a pounding on rough surfaces. Note that the rear suspension uses leaf springs. It does eliminate the need for CV axles however.
Tesla Cybertruck Upgraded order from dual to tri motor! AD30B13A-9A89-4EE6-A42B-7A11947B0D1C

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
People complain about the unsprung weight of the hubmotors but they're not all that heavy compared to engines ^-^

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
That looks like it might make sense on a trailer, for regen. :ROFLMAO: