OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
maybe i misunderstood your post about the 1.5" ports that were covered with "material". i thought they were under the window, in which case i was thinking of putting the tubes through them and venting the heatpump through them.

have you tried your setup in the rain? i don't like the idea of having the heat pump on top of the vault and getting rained on, and having to keep the vault partially open (cause of rain).
When camping, I usually set up my 10" x 10" Crown Shades canopy and park the back of the CT under it at night for protection from forecasted rain (not often needed in the desert). In the day it provides shelter from sun and rain (and wind with optional side panels).

Tesla Cybertruck Vault Bed Heat Pump Build (Heating & Cooling) 🥵🥶 Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 10.15.57 AM

Without the canopy, you can't open the tonneau in the rain without getting soaked. Even opening the tonneau in the morning after a night rain will allow some water to drip into the vault onto your bedding. Set up is easy but attaching guy ropes takes some time.
Sponsored

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
When camping, I usually set up my 10" x 10" Crown Shades canopy and park the back of the CT under it at night for protection from forecasted rain (not often needed in the desert). In the day it provides shelter from sun and rain (and wind with optional side panels).

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 10.15.57 AM.png

Without the canopy, you can't open the tonneau in the rain without getting soaked. Even opening the tonneau in the morning after a night rain will allow some water to drip into the vault onto your bedding. Set up is easy but attaching guy ropes takes some time.
that's why i'm hoping to crawl out of the bed without opening the tonneau at all haha. Just crawl out of the liftgate. I dont like taking a canopy around and it would be ideal sleeping in stealth.

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
Yes, you can crawl in and out through the open gate, but closing the gate from inside requires opening the tonneau part way in order to reach back, grab the top of the gate, and pull it closed, then close the tonneau.

There's still the problem of vault ventilation. Leaving the tonneau open a crack does the trick, but exposes the vault to water intrusion when it rains.

The slot at the bottom of the gate would allow air into to vault if it wasn't blocked by the air mattresses. Putting something at the bottom of the gate to prevent blockage might be enough to allow the tonneau cover to remain completely closed with safe levels of CO2 and minimal humidity buildup. I think I'll look into this as an alternative to my tonneau vent.

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
Yes, you can crawl in and out through the open gate, but closing the gate from inside requires opening the tonneau part way in order to reach back, grab the top of the gate, and pull it closed, then close the tonneau.
you can use the emergency pull tab to close the tonneau from the inside! i was thinking of mounting some kind of a handle too...

There's still the problem of vault ventilation. Leaving the tonneau open a crack does the trick, but exposes the vault to water intrusion when it rains.

The slot at the bottom of the gate would allow air into to vault if it wasn't blocked by the air mattresses. Putting something at the bottom of the gate to prevent blockage might be enough to allow the tonneau cover to remain completely closed with safe levels of CO2 and minimal humidity buildup. I think I'll look into this as an alternative to my tonneau vent.
oooh i'll have to check that out. would be cool if we could feed the heat pump tubes through there somehow