Ventilated seats and massaging seats possible for Cybertruck?

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
With the price range of the Cybertruck, regular trucks (1500,2500,3500,4500) would offer ventilated seats and massaging seats. Would Tesla offer these in the Cybertruck to make it competitive to the likes of the F-series, Rebadged GMs, Stellantis, and other competitors?
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Probably not

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
With the price range of the Cybertruck, regular trucks (1500,2500,3500,4500) would offer ventilated seats and massaging seats. Would Tesla offer these in the Cybertruck to make it competitive to the likes of the F-series, Rebadged GMs, Stellantis, and other competitors?
you think cybertruck needs “massaging seats” to be competitive with those other trucks…?😂

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I'm hoping for heated and vented seats at least. CT is supposed to be a technology bandwagon right?

mrbig1225

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cyber Truck
Occupation
Research
Country flag

I respectfully disagree with your assessment here. Imo the cybertruck lineup has to cover a much wider price point than any other Tesla. I think the truck will be a blend of the model 3/Y - S/X. Case in point, the latest beta build includes a rear screen like the current S/X with front layout like a 3/Y including a screen larger (18.5 vs. 17) than in any previous Tesla. I think it's safe to say, a lot of the premium features such as ventilated seats will make it to the cybertruck. To be fair this doesn't bode well for future instrument panels for the next gen S/X. They are low volume cars in the scheme of things, why continue to fragment your lineup when majority of the fleet has a single front screen? My hope is there is maybe a higher tier variant (Plaid Quad-motor), that has an instrument panel..... Otherwise why continue with it? However that does complicate the assembly and we know Tesla rarely does that...so

Just a thought.

OP
OP
datechboss101

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
you think cybertruck needs “massaging seats” to be competitive with those other trucks…?😂
With the price range Tesla looking at to price the Cybertruck, it should offer it, since many vehicles in that price range offers this feature. Personally, I do have a bad back at the Spine level (saw doctors for treatments and got lawyers involved, but pain will come regardless of sitting in proper stance, or trying to Stand and work; standing for more than 5 minutes will trigger severe back pain), and sometimes, the heating element doesn't help.

Since I'm willing to pay arm and leg (speculation of a price range for the Tri-Motor be like in the $80k-$100k) for what will be a commuter vehicle for me, it should have these features. Those who do suffer from back pain would easily relate to what I am saying.

There are other data points that make it more competitive than a Rivian and any GM EV trucks, but I could get a single wheel or dually for the same price brand new that comes with massaging seats.

Model 3 and Y are expensively priced to begin with for the average consumer, but then we are also adding a Model Y to our fleet "soon". They should have at least the ventilated seats as an option for vehicles that live in Florida. Come April till like October, vehicles will turn into baking ovens down here, especially when parked outside. Shade parking is a premium here and you gotta be early to get one In 2022, my current vehicle recorded temps north of 110 degrees on multiple days.

Deleted member 11233

If that is what it takes to keep the price down, I would be happy with manually adjustable vinyl seats and rubber floor-similar to my Ram Tradesman work truck.. If somebody wants more, let them pay for it as optional equipment.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
+1 for the people who suffer backpain, or get pain from sitting for long distance travel, even with breaks.

Massaging seats are considerably more complicated to manufacture in comparison to ventilated seats, so I don't see how they could budget one in as standard unless its something very simple. An optional full suite would be nice and would work well for falling asleep whilst driving with FSD....in that it could be used to both lull you in comfort, and shock you awake when you are drowsy. 😉
Sponsored