Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f250
Occupation
Oil & Gas
Country flag
As @Gurule92 pointed out, suspension is variable. If you need it lifted, you push a (virtual) button.

That said. Most pickups are higher than they need to be for practical purposes. You look at 20 year old pickups and they are all much lower and have the same size beds, and similar towing capacities. Trucks suffer badly from ego driving 1-up-ism.
I understand but we are not in the age of 20 year old trucks and through evolution and need trucks need to be higher these days or they wouldn’t build them in such a manor.

I just like to see above other vehicles while I’m driving. The suspension lifted cannot be driven above 40mph if I understand correctly.
Sponsored

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Maybe there will be neodium magnetic tow mirrors available in the aftermarket! I joke about that but magnets and suction cups (for gopro etc.) would work great with all the flat body panels.
Not magnets of course!

Deleted member 3316

With those wide sides on the bed it’s very likely they have storage in the sail pillar. The overall shape of the truck does create some interesting limitations and eccentricities.
If you look closely at the video, it doesn’t look like the launch prototype, the sail pillar doors look deleted. So I’m thinking those might actually be the rack mounts…

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We wait another day to learn if turn signals are yellow (5% less accidents according to NHTSA) or red.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
If you look closely at the video, it doesn’t look like the launch prototype, the sail pillar doors look deleted. So I’m thinking those might actually be the rack mounts…
I saw it closely at the Petersen museum and it was hard to see the sail pillar door on the original. I bet it still has storage in the sides. That would be a lot of wasted space. You can see in the video that the interior paneling in the bed isn’t too recessed past the tonneau cover opening so there is space back there

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yes that's the camera, the Alpha prototypes already had it there. Aesthetically another poor design choice as it breaks up the lightbar, they could have put it down where the license plate is.

abh.png
When Prototype 1 was originally at at he Petersen museum there were 2 cameras, one on each side of the license plate, along with the tailgate camera. It was unclear but it seemed that, with the view from the backup ‘mirror’ that they also had a camera in the rear light bar at the window apex. Maybe not.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The prototype had those notches up the middle, now they are off to the sides.

Had they had been just rack mounts, then I suppose they could have left them in the middle... maybe they are rack mounts, but the reconfigurations sure makes it look like it can flip open.

Maybe the sail pillar flips down.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675377318120

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I am surprised nobody mentioned the large overhang into the bed. I hope that comes off and is storable or it is going to suck for hauling refrigerators. Is it possible that this is the first link on the tonneau?

As people have said there doesn't appear to be light going through to the front so either the tonneau is partially rolled out or they eliminated the glass. Maybe the tonneau partially rolled up is the back and rolled all the way down is the full passthrough? Would fully covering the bed also expose a passthrough?

Something is going on there.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I am surprised nobody mentioned the large overhang into the bed. I hope that comes off and is storable or it is going to suck for hauling refrigerators. Is it possible that this is the first link on the tonneau?

As people have said there doesn't appear to be light going through to the front so either the tonneau is partially rolled out or they eliminated the glass. Maybe the tonneau partially rolled up is the back and rolled all the way down is the full passthrough? Would fully covering the bed also expose a passthrough?

Something is going on there.
Looks like tonneau is partially down. Not an overhang.

Btw just watched the video and I love this truck. It's looks pretty well refined now. Tailgate lighting is perfect. It's awesome looking. I stand corrected on in the wild sighting.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Also,
Any tire people that can figure out the exact model of that tire?

I flipped the rear tire image 180 degrees and it looks like Wrangler, so a GoodYear Wrangler but I’m uncertain of which model if it even is an existing model.
Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 05F68DE0-5BD2-47BA-B816-EA735A4ECD79
Sponsored