Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Could these covers possibly flip open and allow storage inside? It’d be quite narrow I guess, so maybe not.

1B911B9C-72EB-4F3B-ACC7-40CE2E53EF34.jpeg
Shows up in the full video.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675373446606

Standard issue on all of Musk’s private vehicles. Not sure if it’s an upgrade available for us.
Sponsored

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Escalade, 2017 Range Rover Sport, Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
Could these covers possibly flip open and allow storage inside? It’d be quite narrow I guess, so maybe not.

1B911B9C-72EB-4F3B-ACC7-40CE2E53EF34.jpeg
More likely what you're seeing are the hinges for the sides to flip up, rather than the tops flipping up...

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
I don't know the answer to your question but looking at the video (now that it is available) I'm thinking you might be onto at least a bit of the situation. Looks like there is no extra light coming through the cabin, then through a rear window into the bed. It is a dark cave back there.

1675372620492.png

I do like those brake lights though. Are trucks allowed to only have the 2 brake lights? I thought the middle elevated brake light was required now. Maybe only for cars.

From what I recall and found online "Under the Federal regulations in the United States, motor vehicles must be manufactured so that the third brake light (or "center highmounted stop lamp" as we call it) and all other stop lamps are steady-burning when they are in use."

With all of the work to create this thing I'm sure there's a solution for it, just curious where it might go. I wonder if center tailgate is an option . . .

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I am spending way too much time on this. But, is this vent looking thing a water outlet for the bed? Also, is the rear camera attached to the tailgate? Do we know if there is a second rear cam?

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675373466227

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah, the issue is copyrights / credits, wish it was posted on youtube or something but hey we got a new cybertruck look after what cyber rodeo ? damn time flies fast
People definitely need to go into the investor meeting expecting an investor meeting.

Anything else is gravy.

No sympathy for post event whining that Tesla didn’t deliver on *** insert imagined promise here ***

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
I don't know the answer to your question but looking at the video (now that it is available) I'm thinking you might be onto at least a bit of the situation. Looks like there is no extra light coming through the cabin, then through a rear window into the bed. It is a dark cave back there.

1675372620492.png

I do like those brake lights though. Are trucks allowed to only have the 2 brake lights? I thought the middle elevated brake light was required now. Maybe only for cars.
I think the lack of light can be attributed to the fact that the tonnneau cover is partly open/closed. I believe the upper "lip" (or the back of the roofline, if you will) is where the tonnneau cover rolls under, and that the lower portion behond that is the beginning of the tonnneau cover (perhaps). Thie would explain why you can't see the rear window at all.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
People definitely need to go into the investor meeting expecting an investor meeting.

Anything else is gravy.

No sympathy for post event whining that Tesla didn’t deliver on *** insert imagined promise here ***
Maybe I'm crazy but I think Elon himself mentioned on this earnings call more specific info on the cybertruck coming during the investor meeting on March 1.

I'm not one to believe these sec required meetings are used for product announcements, but I'm almost positive I heard him say that on the last call.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I think the lack of light can be attributed to the fact that the tonnneau cover is partly open/closed. I believe the upper "lip" (or the back of the roofline, if you will) is where the tonnneau cover rolls under, and that the lower portion behond that is the beginning of the tonnneau cover (perhaps). Thie would explain why you can't see the rear window at all.
I'm not expecting to see the window itself. But there should be at least a hint of ambient light back there from the presence of the window.

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
I am spending way too much time on this. But, is this vent looking thing a water outlet for the bed? Also, is the rear camera attached to the tailgate? Do we know if there is a second rear cam?

1675373466227.png
I wouldn't be suprirsed if the top of the tailgate hinged up while the tailgate is down (while in motion) to allow the camera you see there to have a better angle... although, with "no part is the best part" mindset, a 360 camera that's programmed to have a specific view in each position would probably be a better solution.

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
I'm not expecting to see the window itself. But there should be at least a hint of ambient light back there from the presence of the window.
Right, but if the tonnneau cover is partly up, you wouldn't be able to see the window through it... it would be blocking the view of any window or wall in the front of the bed.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Nice blinker
Sponsored