Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Yea, for those that do not / have not driven Tesla; since Holiday update - LANE CHANGING WITH CAMERAS IS WONDERFUL!

I mostly do not use the side mirrors anymore when I drive my Teslas, but it's super annoying to drive my Tacoma now as that is a different workflow.

What I mean is, it's just super seamless and honestly a better safer experience too. Turn on blinker to switch a lane / turn, car knows when the process is complete and turns off blinker/ camera visual on screen. Pretty neat!
Yup, I have a 2018 Honda Ridgeline. When I turn on the right blinker a camera in the right mirror displays the picture on the center screen. I never have to look all the way over at the mirror. it’s wonderful, why isn’t that standard on every car now?
Sponsored

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Maybe the laws and regulations will change for all of us, and those mirrors will just come as a novelty in a box that we can display on the shelf🤣

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I’ll still be removing my side mirrors, as long as easy removal makes it to production, but I do like what they did with the shape of them in this photo compared to the previous ones we saw. This new triangular design flows much better with the lines of the truck.

On another note, is it just me or does the glass on the back side of that roof look like it is more then just a piece of see through glass? Maybe it’s just the way the reflections are playing off of it but it seems there could be more to it. Maybe it’s just me wanting there to be more to it, lol
It looks a bit weird, but I think what we're seeing from this angle is a) the slight curve to the top surfaces and b) tracks for mounting a roof rack. The combination almost makes it look like it's not attached.

S1d3w1nd3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, GMC Acadia, Ram 3500 Cummins
Country flag
Those mirrors will be useless for towing. I hope there is a different option either offered by Tesla or an aftermarket replacement.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I would say we are looking at the "production beta". In other words, what the production car will look like, just not made on the Texas assembly line.

OP
OP
ModelAZ

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Those mirrors will be useless for towing. I hope there is a different option either offered by Tesla or an aftermarket replacement.
I'm sure we'll see aftermarket tow mirrors. The amount of aftermarket parts and accessories for the Cybertruck are going to be like nothing else before it in terms of Teslas. So much more customizing options when it comes to trucks, especially with beds.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There is no proof in that image that it is an "in the wild" sighting. Looks to me like its on Tesla property next to a semi.
The person who posted the original photo said it was in Palo Alto. Does Tesla have a facility in Palo Alto? Usually we only see these guys gettin loaded or unloaded from an event.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
While I 100% agree with everyone on the asthetics of the new mirror (looking better), for those of us that tow, most states REQUIRE that you have mirrors that allow you to see past your load a certain amount of distance (the law/distance differs from state to state). The larger mirrors would definitely be better for actually towing something, so I hope they either come as a swappable version, or as an option you can purcahse to swap on/off for when you need them.
Wide angle hi-res camera sticking out on a thin stalk from the truck door will have better view of the trailer side than a mirror.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I’d love that. But hey, I’m just a old
A friend of mine uses cameras that he attaches to the sides and back of his trailers when he is hauling. I do know they are removable because he places them in a hard case when not in use. He also enjoys the ability to use a camera pointing inside horse trailer so they can peek in as they travel. Also, I think they are completely wireless.

2Futre4u

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor LR 2019 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Trailboss 1994 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
Country flag
Maybe there will be neodium magnetic tow mirrors available in the aftermarket! I joke about that but magnets and suction cups (for gopro etc.) would work great with all the flat body panels.

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
All MV side mirrors are now ‘break-away’ meaning they hinge. Will these also swing forward neatly tucking into the doorframe corner? Just wondering… the angle looks right.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Yup, I have a 2018 Honda Ridgeline. When I turn on the right blinker a camera in the right mirror displays the picture on the center screen. I never have to look all the way over at the mirror. it’s wonderful, why isn’t that standard on every car now?
Yea, like that.. But, Teslas turn off automatically after the move is completed.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
The person who posted the original photo said it was in Palo Alto. Does Tesla have a facility in Palo Alto? Usually we only see these guys gettin loaded or unloaded from an event.
Yea, HQ is deer creek or whatever it's called. I actually think this could be there even.
Sponsored