Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675453972266

We all know the Cybertruck during reveal also included a wonderful surprise by introducing CYBERTUCKS side kick. Yup. Every superhero needs one, and Cyberquad is our CT’s sidekick. I personally believed then just like I believe today, that our Cybertruck will have a bed length of 6’6” and will also have the ramp as well. May not be like the OG Ct most likely because they found a much stronger and better approach in making the ramp beefier and have better functionality.
let’s not forget that the suspension is going to be state of the art and the first of its kind as well.
it’s going to be truly a one of a kind machine and something that we are all going to be stoked and proud of.
Cybertruck is the real deal, and soon to be my SUPERHERO.
Mic dropped. 🎤😈
Peace ✌out.
Sorry, no autographs please. Thank you. 😉😝

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675456318556
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I agree with most of this, I dont think its being vain to want your flat panels to be flat lol.

I'm 85% sure that a big chunk of the buyers of the cybertruck are coming for it's styling. It's meant to be different and stand out

It's meant to be a truck to sell in volume, not just a truck for the hard core truck bros.
Even small pieces of roofing metal bends under its own weight. I challenge you to find an example of “oil panning“ that involves 3mm steel. I seriously doubt it is a thing. Hell Delorieans don’t do this and they use MUCH thinner steel.

You can start with the Hummer, it has lots of straight side panels which are thinner than the Cybertruck’s.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675456723541

As for being a truck for “hard core bros”. Its a tool. It should do the job it’s hired to do. If it does that better than the competition, people will respect what it is and buy it. It is industrial because that makes sense for what it does. I’m sure lots of people will prefer more styled vehicles.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Even small pieces of roofing metal bends under its own weight. I challenge you to find an example of “oil panning“ that involves 3mm steel. I seriously doubt it is a thing. Hell Delorieans don’t do this and they use MUCH thinner steel.

You can start with the Hummer, it has lots of straight side panels which are thinner than the Cybertruck’s.

1675456723541.jpeg

As for being a truck for “hard core bros”. Its a tool. It should do the job it’s hired to do. If it does that better than the competition, people will respect what it is and buy it. It is industrial because that makes sense for what it does. I’m sure lots of people will prefer more styled vehicles.
The DeLorean had a brushed look which would hide the tiny variations in the reflections.

I fully don't expect it to be a crazy obvious oil canning if it has it at all. Tiny changes to the look of the metal hide these minimal variations.

Paint on the humvee would hide those tiny variations, brushed look, ridges.

The existing use of metals have mitigation in place to hide any possible oil canning.

The reflective look of the CT would make it look worse then it really is at specific angles.

On the tool note. I agree that people will respect its usability and buy it because of that. But it won't be the only reason it's purchased. I feel like most of the people who will buy it, won't use it as a tool except for moving day or camping trips.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
On the tool note. I agree that people will respect its usability and buy it because of that. But it won't be the only reason it's purchased. I feel like most of the people who will buy it, won't use it as a tool except for moving day or camping trips.
The Jeep sells a lot of Wranglers to people who never off road.

The Wrangler isn’t some aesthetic wonder. Lots of people buy it not for off-roading, but because it is instantly recognized for what it represents. It is an aspirational vehicle.

Cybertruck will be similar.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
The Jeep sells a lot of Wranglers to people who never off road.

The Wrangler isn’t some aesthetic wonder. Lots of people buy it not for off-roading, but because it is instantly recognized for what it represents. It is an aspirational vehicle.

Cybertruck will be similar.
Right. That's what I was saying. And those people are gonna want flat sides that don't look like acne scars in the wrong light.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Most pickups never carry a single load in their life.
Most Jeeps never touch a trail.
Most sports cars never EVER come within miles of a track.

The heart wants what the heart wants, and that's OK. Something tells me that people will get the SS to look the they want one way or another.

Schmaggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Preorder cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Controversial opinion: Cybertruck is not the truck for vain people to own.

If you want a bad ass truck you can use to get stuff done and smash through back roads with confidence, it’s got your back.

If you want a pretty toy to drive around town, get the Rivian.

If you want to haul refrigerators, lumber, dirt, firewood, rocks, bikes, or TVs, Cybertruck has your back.

If you want a truck that look MEGA and let’s you see over traffic, lots of legacy offerings will be serve that need.

Its a pragmatic vehicle, not a pretty boy toy.
I feel like all of that could likely be true, in my small town in Canada I'm sure I'll be labeled and harassed for driving it, not your typical jacked up diesel. (That I currently drive)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I feel like all of that could likely be true, in my small town in Canada I'm sure I'll be labeled and harassed for driving it, not your typical jacked up diesel. (That I currently drive)
This is the part where I don’t get the point.

I people are so hung up on how it looks that they ignore what it can do, are their opinions really that valuable?

I’m buying the truck to do specific things. Not to look a certain way.

If one truck looks better and the other does a better job, I know which one I’m driving.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Opinions are like butt holes. Everybody has one—and they all stink.

The CT will draw more stares and opinions than we can imagine for the first two years of production. Every Pickup Truck Sheriff in sight will come over to give their take on the CT and pass judgement on whether or not you "pickup truck" they way you're supposed to.

I figure it'll be like dealing with Jeep Sheriffs, where some guys would actually turn up their nose if you didn't wheel once a month. I'm just glad an offroad capable EV that can use the Tesla supercharger network is coming. The only thing going in the bed of my CT will be road trip luggage and maybe a piece of furniture once or twice. The Truck Sheriffs will simply have to deal with it.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
But each Cybertruck will have unique patterns of "oil canning" and will be how one distinguishes one from the other in the parking lot. Kind o like fingerprints, each one will be unique.
Oil canning sounds like something I should be looking up on urban dictionary. ;)
Sponsored