Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’ve always hoped that would be the case but honestly, I think side mirror view will display in the instrument cluster above the steering wheel/yoke. The OG Cybertruck only had a center display but we have seen they added an instrument cluster on later beta units, I’m guessing amongst other reasons because it is more convenient as a driver to view the side view mirror images there instead of on the center screen.
This would be disappointing. You need to look out the left window to merge left regardless. It’s just a lot nicer to be able to see the mirror and verify with eyeballs at the same time.

Unless the ”mirror” display is near the window, I don’t think it’s an effective replacement for the mirror. I use and love the existing mini-display and the new blinker off after merge makes it even nicer, but having that display on the left side would be much nicer and IMO the only way I’d consider it as a replacement for the mirror.
Sponsored

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
I’ve always hoped that would be the case but honestly, I think side mirror view will display in the instrument cluster above the steering wheel/yoke. The OG Cybertruck only had a center display but we have seen they added an instrument cluster on later beta units, I’m guessing amongst other reasons because it is more convenient as a driver to view the side view mirror images there instead of on the center screen.
witch ever it is it will be cool.

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
Cybertruck. I predict it will be the first production vehicle that is manufactured without emblems or badges. Even the wheel center caps will be blank.
a cybertruck is a cybertruck no mistaking it for ? .

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
a cybertruck is a cybertruck no mistaking it for ? .
Don’t know…. Have you seen it next to a 911? Maybe if you sandblasted all the paint off a 911, switched out a few panels and made it a skosh bigger with a vault?

Spitting image.

AeroTool

First Name
CARL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1T RED ROCKET...!!!, F350, Sprinter Van...
Occupation
Mostly RETIRED
Country flag
Those mirrors are "pointy", don't let 'em stab you...!!!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Okay super sleuths. Need you back out there finding me CT sightings. Plz and thx

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Sure, just leave it parked in a sandstorm for 4-5 hours, bring it indoors and blow the fine red dust off of the truck. Might even get a mirror polish.
That's A Blast (OFF)

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Update:

Elon Musk has confirmed in a tweet that these side mirrors are removable. And that there are still small tweaks coming to the Cybertruck, but this is very close to production design.

"Yeah. Still many small tweaks to make it better (and the side mirrors are removable by owner), but this is very close to production design."

New triangle side view mirror on this prototype!

327978189_882786449622907_120567483735145346_n.jpg

Also spotted by Driveteslacanada:

After a closer look, it appears as though this panel on the rear door is missing from the new version of the Cybertruck. On previous builds the white dot at the bottom of the panel was used to open the door.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 {filename}

SOURCE:

Reverse engineering these awesome looking mirrors, got me thinking they potentially have an electro magnetic base coupled to an induction charge system on the inside skin of the 30X door to allow for powered mirror for auto folding, if like me you might occasionally or always travel with them 'suckers'

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, SQ5, Cybertruck if Elon will build it!
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
You seem very certain those are hinges. Maybe I'm missing something? I only see squares. My best (wild) is that these are just hard mount points for the over-sized weather strips.
To me those squares definitely look like plastic covers for mounting points for a ladder rack or some other structure mounted above the vault.
Sponsored