Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Greetings all,

I am planning on something more along these lines.. Google image search "dipyourcar".

Wanting to share an option far more economical than vinyl wrap.

Not wanting to sound like a commercial for a product, but I have used it before and it can turn out great.

Spray on Plastidip.. goes on like paint and is quite durable; Just peels off when you want to change it.

Endless possibilities and zero consequences (of course except time and money).

https://www.dipyourcar.com/pages/dyc-vehicle-kits

$711.02

1589824590983.png

Extra Large Size: 3 Black gallons, 3 Shadow Black gallons

All Kits Include Standard Accessory Pack: PreDip Spray, Blue Painters Tape, Tape & Drape, PreWash, Microfiber Towel, Dip Washer Mitt, Cone Filters, 3/4 in. 3M Automotive Masking Tape

Upgrade to Plus Accessory Pack to also include: Canvas Wheel Covers, 32oz DipWash Concentrate and Dip Coat Protective Spray
No offense, but I would never plastidip my new CT... Seems extremely cheap and tacky. To each their own, but if your paying that much for a truck as special as the CT, I'd flip a few extra dollars to get a really nice wrap.
Sponsored

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
I was actually looking at the plastic Ip for painting an r2d2, thinking it would make it easier to change colors later. It doesn’t peel off easily until you get an edge started.
I may dO a wrap after I start seeing CTs “everywhere” and want to differentiate it.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Wrapping a CT is going to be extremely cheap for DIY and significantly less than similar sized SUV's at a shop because most of the labor goes into curves. No curves on CT to deal with!

You can get really high quality, gorgeous wraps for about $2k or less and do a DIY wrap. This is the easiest vehicle to wrap in the world, hands down. If you can install wallpaper to any degree, you can wrap a CT blindfolded.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
How long does a wrap last?
My wrap guy said it should last 5 years easily and 10 if you take care of it. This is Expel + Stealth wrap on my Model Y. (about $6,000 for the wrap and ceramic tint on all the glass)

20200621 Donna's 2023 Model Y 03.jpg

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
How long does a wrap last?
Like paint, it’s going to depend on your location and exposure to UV but a top quality wrap can last a decade. My wife got an early MY and I had an appointment for a total XPel wrap as soon as I took delivery. The car is now over 3 years old with >40,000 miles on it including some long cross country trips. It is garaged and looks showroom brand new. She did sideswipe a large sunflower right after getting it wrapped and it unbelievably scratched the fender noticeably. Like their advertisement said, we put some hot compresses on it, pointed it into the sun and they disappeared. Well worth the $5k we spent.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Two Pros wrap it Two Hours. That's what it will take.
You could roll out one giant sheet of wrap and do an entire side of the vehicle in one piece.
Same thing front and back. Four total pieces does the whole vehicle.

It suddenly occurs to me, "Why am I even talking about this?" It's a truck, Wrapping stainless is stupid unless your primary goal is advertising of some sort.
Just Slap "Sanford And Son" on the door and you're done.

IT"S THE BIG ONE!

That is [kind of] my plan. An emblem on each of the front doors. I designed the graphic and had WePrintWraps make them for me. Two, 24”-diameter circles, including shipping, for $100. I’ll put them on myself.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
So, anywhere from $2,000 to $6,000 for a DIY wrap to the best quality custom wrap. That’s a lot of money to pay for a color change or to add art, both which are temporary in the long run and somewhat fragile immediately.

When my stainless gets too fingerprinted and water spotted to stand I’ll treat it to a car wash and a Barkeepers Friend rubdown.

But, I’ll really enjoy seeing your wrapped or dipped trucks and respect you for making it happen.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
By CT delivery day, the novelty will have gone, every other car shop will offer wrap service, and wrap-makers will be selling to individual DIYs, all of which will lower the price by half. Anyway, as I said in a different post, my first trip will be to a wrap shop and I'm thinking shiny silver.
The novelty of what will have gone?
Cybertruck didn't mainstream wrapping cars lol
I think the best way would be to buy rolls. Avoid the markup from the DIY kits. Since it's pretty much all flat. Shouldn't be too hard. But we'll see lol.
Custom graphics would be a different story

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Cyber T, S , Infinty, Buick, sligshot, Goldwi
Occupation
Diamond coated surgical burrs
Country flag
anyone have experience doing a vinyl wrap on cars?

what do you think it would cost to wrap a cybertruck?

what about custom graphics?
My guy said about 6000 grand, but will know more when I get one, some day 11304
Sponsored