Was the Tri-Motor price accidentally released by a glitch?

What will the price of the tri motor truck be with FSD?

• Total voters

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I think Elon is on board with your plan. He said he is willing to go down to zero margin to keep the production going. The problem is convincing consumers that paying less is better than paying more.

I would wait until CT production is online and ramped up before starting your revolution otherwise CT May never see light of the day.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I seriously doubt Tesla is increasing the price of their top end by 57%. Seems about as likely as them scrapping the whole project to me.
I keep my fingers crossed you are right. Not that I care about the top end. I am interested in the longest range dual motor. Keep in mind, F150 Lightening Pro went up by 40% in less than a year. CT has been in the oven longer than that. I agree with a lot of your arguments on where the market is headed but CT will be super hot when it hits the market. It is like a four year pregnancy. When that baby pops out, people will pay anything for it and when people are willing to pay, Tesla has a hard time saying no. I am thinking Tesla will squeeze the wealthy first until they run out and then price may adjust to meet the demand when production capacity is high or when @LoneWolfO6 revolution takes off (whichever comes first).

Last edited:

BobDavis73

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Rogue, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
GM of Modern Die Systems (tool and die company)
Country flag
That makes sense but the whole thing made me wonder if a quad or a tri is going to come out first, can Tesla keep them under 80 to make it qualify (or would they want to)? Or production plans are flexible enough at this stage to push out dual motor first? What do you guys think? Over $80K damn the tax credit and state of the economy? Or under $80 to Keep the demand high?
I don't think demand will be a problem for prices under 80,000. The reservations are insane. I'll want to save on delivery time and fly to Austin to pick it up if they will let me.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Elon speaking hypothetical outcomes often sound too close to actual outcomes.

Like, "the factories are burning billions and could send the company bankrupt.!!"

Next thing we know, on March 1st. we go from potential bankruptcy to announcing growth plans to get 10X bigger.

The same with "reducing the margins to zero in order to maintain sales", will actually never happen and the company will end up with a bigger figure on the bottom line.

We need a new term for Elonspeak.. maybe 'Elonplaywithyourheadspeak'

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Again, nothing more than speculation.

Nobody knows what the new Cybertruck MSRP‘s and trims will be except a select group of Tesla insiders. They have calculated what the COGS will be and then they need to decide on the profit margin to determine a new MSRP.

Deleted member 3316

I don’t think the Reddit post means anything.

Pretty fascinating that the Cybertruck is still such a central part of the gestalt.
I think you mean Zeitgeist…

although Cybertruck is significantly more than the sum of its parts.

Deleted member 3316

People keep pulling numbers out of hats.

Top Trim was $70k at launch.

I seriously doubt Tesla is increasing the price of their top end by 57%. Seems about as likely as them scrapping the whole project to me.
I think the safest guess is matching the Cybertruck price to the model 3/Y. What were the differences in price between 3/Y/Cybertruck when Cybertruck was announced it’s likely going to be a similar ratio with a little extra to ward off some scalpers.

Deleted member 3316

Again, nothing more than speculation.

Nobody knows what the new Cybertruck MSRP‘s and trims will be except a select group of Tesla insiders. They have calculated what the COGS will be and then they need to decide on the profit margin to determine a new MSRP.
They also have to make allowances for scalpers.

I’d hazard a guess Tesla will conduct inventory auctions on a proportion of production as a way honour genuine customers but still collect profit from those wanting to jump the queue.

They can have a regular monthly allocation to each delivery centre and require $100k upfront to participate in the online auction.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
just got my cyber truck
teslatruck3.png
That’s the new model—you can tell because it has no side mirrors! It’s possible they moved the wiper to the top of the windshield, which a lot of people here wanted. The door handle is either gone or modified, another sign this is newer than the model at the Petersen Museum. Good catch!