What are teenagers problems with Cybertruck?

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
My observations have been the opposite. It seems to me like the younger people have the purely positive reactions, and some of the negatives have been from older adults.
That’s been my experience so far. To see kids get excited taking out their phones to get a picture is pretty cool. Most teenagers I’ve come across tell how cool the truck is so I give them a tour if I have the time. That sucks that’s been the OP’s experience.
Sponsored

Sandman1962

First Name
Sel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
I got my model S in 2016 (not that long ago right?) back then I remember:

Motorcyclist riding by and trying to break off side view mirrors…

People destroying superchargers just for fun…

Diesel trucks rolling coal just to be awful…

Back then, as now, I attribute this behavior to ignorance and lack of civility. I’m old enough to ignore such behavior and to embrace what I choose. So far the response the CT has been favorable but that shouldn’t make a difference to me either. I like what I like and I yam what I yam.

OP
OP
SGAstros

SGAstros

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, GR86, Bronco
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I agree. I don’t care what they think of it. I like it and know my reasons for purchase. Just was curious if people knew some of the main reasons for extreme dislike (which is the exception, most get excited or don’t care), and the answers here make sense. Well done, CT Owner’s Forum :)

FlipSixThreeHole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, not yet produced.
Country flag
I took my 17 year old niece and some of her friends to the mall in my Lightning. They loved the frunk when I put all their bags in there. I said "my frunk is going to be a bit smaller soon when my CT gets here."

I didn't expect the negative reaction at this point, but they all basically told me I was awful for buying it. The only one who gave a reason was that it is incredibly unsafe with no crumple zone, any occupant gets severely hurt in a crash even if the truck looks fine. Then that's all they talked about, how unsafe the CT was, until I dropped them off at home.
They may have digested clickbait headlines.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
A huge majority of teenagers suffer from Hormone Poisoning. They grow out of it by age 30..... :cool:

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I took my 17 year old niece and some of her friends to the mall in my Lightning. They loved the frunk when I put all their bags in there. I said "my frunk is going to be a bit smaller soon when my CT gets here."

I didn't expect the negative reaction at this point, but they all basically told me I was awful for buying it. The only one who gave a reason was that it is incredibly unsafe with no crumple zone, any occupant gets severely hurt in a crash even if the truck looks fine. Then that's all they talked about, how unsafe the CT was, until I dropped them off at home.
No more free trips to the mall for them!

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Why do members of the COC care what teenagers think?

We barely care what each other think.
Exactly!

Don't you even recall what your parents and their parents said about your tight pants, short-shorts, afro and devil-worshipping Black Sabbath? 🤣

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag

Should have made them take the bus home….😂😂

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
So far I've learned that poor people hate the Cybertruck. Haven't found one person who is well off that hates it. My response so far has just been "I'm sorry you're poor" :ROFLMAO:
Interesting. I’ve found it to be the opposite. Some of the most interested people turn out to be the homeless I run across during my time downtown. They’re super interested.

Have had full on conversations with several of them. They all seem to love it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also if anyone is wondering why so many people think Tesla drivers are douche bag assholes, you’re the reason.

“I’m sorry you’re poor.” Seriously? 🙄

Last edited: