What are you going to get while you wait?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My wife is Chinese.. We will have to delay our big lap of Australia in a Caravan and go sit my ass on a beach in Hainan for a few months, then return to visit my family, then back to Hainan or some other saintly spot on this Earth to sit on my ass again until the Cybertruck is ready so I can sit on my ass on Australian beaches. And fish.

Damn delay !
Sponsored

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Toyota Tundra Hybrid. My Taco is WAY long in the tooth at this point. Ain't babied and sleeps outside day/night here in Central Texas.... and continue to wait for the CT and the Aptera to appear.

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I already bit the bullet and bought a model Y, took delivery just before Thanksgiving.

Worth every penny. Cost of electricity and the loan are still less than half of what I was spending on my old truck.

stimpy

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Ford will have to shed alot of orders for anyone ordering mow to get a truck before 2025. They cut off reservations at 200k, supposedly. They hope to get out 20-40k this year, and 80k each the next two years. They didn't manage to get 40k Mach-Es out last year, so...

Silverado is also 'sold out', but we don't know what those numbers are.

It's not looking pretty no matter what truck you want.

I guess I'll just wait. I can't stretch my budget to buy another car or I won't have money when the truck comes in. My Mazda 3 is doing fine.

-Crissa
I settled on the F-150 Lightning as I sold my gas truck when I put in my CT reservation 2 years ago and unfortunately, I now need another truck to tide me over. I didn't reserve the CT until 2 months after the reveal, so I'm not going to get one for a while after they start production. I also have a reservation on a Rivian and Silverado EV, however ETA on both of those were late 2023, so I'll probably cancel those reservations once I get my Lightning.

I was hesitant on the lightning with only 300 miles of range given that I was looking at the Max Pack Rivian targeting 400 miles. However, when I heard I was number one on the list at my dealer and I got to order in the first wave, I figured it was good enough as a stop gap vehicle until I eventually get my CT. Given the limited Lightning production, I figure the trade in value should be pretty good for a while.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Now that we know we won't be getting a cybertruck for a few more years, (I'm about 70,000, so maybe late 2023?). What are you planning to get to hold you until then?

I've currently got a 2012 Tacoma and need to do something soon so I'm super curious to hear what you plans are.
nothing. I'll wait.

HansonCT

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT dual
Occupation
Catv network engineer
Country flag
I already bit the bullet and bought a model Y, took delivery just before Thanksgiving.

Worth every penny. Cost of electricity and the loan are still less than half of what I was spending on my old truck.
It would be nice to get an email or something saying sorry for the delay, since you've waited X years you'll have a special price or feature or something. In all honesty only info I've gotten is from this group and web articles. Price has changed because it was removed and keep kicking the can down the road. Yes, I want my CT, but after waiting 3 or more Years may not even know if I can afford it or the Silverado will be available because someone's lease ran out and it's 2nd hand now. Thinking not the only one unhappy with roadmap

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Now that we know we won't be getting a cybertruck for a few more years, (I'm about 70,000, so maybe late 2023?). What are you planning to get to hold you until then?

I've currently got a 2012 Tacoma and need to do something soon so I'm super curious to hear what you plans are.
Buck up old boy. I'm in a 04 Tacoma and I use it as a work truck and it's still going strong.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I bought a Model Y 11 months ago because I didn’t want to wait until the truck launched to own an EV.
And people are wondering why Tesla decided to delay the CT to produce more Model Y’s.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
And people are wondering why Tesla decided to delay the CT to produce more Model Y’s.
Those traitors don't deserve a CT since they are the reason I have to wait. In fact they are not good people!

Last edited:

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
This feels like my experience at the airport last weekend. 9 AM flight keeps getting delayed hour upon our. Looked at other options but didn’t make sense to switch hoping this flight will eventually takeoff -
We hung in there… Justifying each delay

it was canceled five hours later at 2 PM as the crew had timed out and they could not get another one.

so hoping here our CT not get canceled/timed out as other options are not as compelling ?

I did buy a Ram TRX a few months ago thinking I’d keep it for a year till CT shows, looks like I may be keeping it a bit longer- so I’m still happy, a little less at the gas pump though ?

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I have a next day reservation along with another placed in April 2020. I was always planning on delaying my CT order for a couple more years for when they ramp up production.

I'm going to try and order a Y Performance from Texas for this year to tide me over. With little info on it's ramp-up, ensuring an "A" VIN, and supply shortages, it's hard to time things at the moment.

I don't mind having to be patient if it means CT becomes the techno bandwagon some of us are hoping it will be.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Those traitors don't deserve a CT since they are the reason I have to wait. In fact they ate not good people!
Would you prefer I 'ate' good people instead??? :sick:;):)

The Y is awesome and was sought before CT even became a thing... I am sure I'm not alone.

Besides I thought all the name calling/cancelling/hurtful feelings was for those OTHER threads??? SO MUCH drama in the CT Forum in the last 48...

SS

borntwofight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Toyota Celica GTS, 2015 BMW 750i
Country flag
Tesla spent the last 10 years building and preparing for the massive surge in demand and they were still overwhelmed a bit by it.

It’s like a tidal wave of money and Tesla was the only company who had invested in buckets to catch it.

GM had buckets with holes.
Screw GM, Ford, and other leading brands. While they had a chance to get into the market since since late 1800s (1890-91), they decided to get in on a piece of fossil based profit, totally ignoring public health and global catastrophe (lead and climate crisis). Now they want a piece of pie, since a lot of money is involved. Tesla is worth more than several of those big name automobile companies for a reason.
Sponsored