What are you going to get while you wait?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It would be nice to get an email or something saying sorry for the delay, since you've waited X years you'll have a special price or feature or something. In all honesty only info I've gotten is from this group and web articles. Price has changed because it was removed and keep kicking the can down the road. Yes, I want my CT, but after waiting 3 or more Years may not even know if I can afford it or the Silverado will be available because someone's lease ran out and it's 2nd hand now. Thinking not the only one unhappy with roadmap
Don’t know if/ what is happening with price for reservation holders. Or anyone for that matter.

By the time it launches Teslas will have 12-18 months fine tuning and working on getting cell prices down.
Sponsored

EV Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
1. Dec 2020: Got wife a pre-refresh Model S, quickly became EV convert.

2. Mar 2021: Got FOMO, ordered a CT for me, started stalking this forum, learned a million are in line and plant is just being built.

3. Apr 2021: Got myself a Pacifica Hybrid as a bridge. Model X would have been great but is twice the price for less capacity. CT performance/price is unbeatable.

So we are ok, and can be patient. From this vantage point, Tesla's plan to get the maximum number of EVs to the maximum number of people makes sense. A bright side is that this gives Tesla the time and money to work the bugs out of the revolutionary CT design. Rushing it and disappointing early adopters, would not help anyone. And Tesla had no control over the unprecedented supply chain crisis.

But it is understandable that those who don't have an EV and need/want a new truck now are frustrated.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Would you prefer I 'ate' good people instead??? :sick:;):)

The Y is awesome and was sought before CT even became a thing... I am sure I'm not alone.

Besides I thought all the name calling/cancelling/hurtful feelings was for those OTHER threads??? SO MUCH drama in the CT Forum in the last 48...

SS
It was a typo, probably because I can't handle my liqoor. Please don't eat people.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Now that we know we won't be getting a cybertruck for a few more years, (I'm about 70,000, so maybe late 2023?). What are you planning to get to hold you until then?

I've currently got a 2012 Tacoma and need to do something soon so I'm super curious to hear what you plans are.
Not the damn Lighting anymore after the nutso pricing ?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Those traitors don't deserve a CT since they are the reason I have to wait. In fact they are not good people!
I support this, I am in fact a terrible person. I exclusively use autopilot to look down my nose at people while my robot butler deals with the peasants.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I support this, I am in fact a terrible person. I exclusively use autopilot to look down my nose at people while my robot butler deals with the peasants.
This is why I want the Cybertruck. Then I can raise the suspension all the way up and look down on them. There is a setting on the air suspension for “God King Elevation” right?

Actually, this isn’t entirely true, what I really want is to just take a nap until the drive is over most of the time.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
It was a typo, probably because I can't handle my liqoor. Please don't eat people.
Of course. I'd never eat people. I'll just stick to Soylent Green... It is Friday after all...

Tesla Cybertruck What are you going to get while you wait? soylent-green-advance

áşž

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Come to think of it, I can probably train my TeslaBot to look down on other people for me while I nap.

Right after I train it to polish stainless steel.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Come to think of it, I can probably train my TeslaBot to look down on other people for me while I nap.

Right after I train it to polish stainless steel.
What are you going to name your bot?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We should let the haters name it : ?

Fridge
Can
Shit box
Mr Sheen

Ha.. Actually I like Mr sheen..

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
OK, I did it. I got on the waitlist for a Silverado EV. Strangely I am a little excited. It reminds me of the style of truck I was expecting on CT reveal night. It is eerily similar to pre-reveal mock-ups.
Probably won't have a chance before 2025, as the email was called "MY25". Hedging my bet if the CT gets completely cancelled. :cool:

Tesla Cybertruck What are you going to get while you wait? 1643473780536
Tesla Cybertruck What are you going to get while you wait? 1643473827954

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Cybertruck to Aptera is quite the pivot :ROFLMAO:
I drive a Dodge diesel and I figured that changing to a CT would be like being able to buy diesel fuel for less than $.80 a gallon. I was excited! Then I looked at the Aptera and found that driving it would be like being able to fuel a 30MPG ICE for less than $.15 a gallon. Way less, because of the ~40 miles a day of solar. I put down my $100 and now I am being told (on the web site) that I will get my Aptera in 2022. Wheeee!!
Sponsored