What are you going to get while you wait?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I drive a Dodge diesel and I figured that changing to a CT would be like being able to buy diesel fuel for less than $.80 a gallon. I was excited! Then I looked at the Aptera and found that driving it would be like being able to fuel a 30MPG ICE for less than $.15 a gallon. Way less, because of the ~40 miles a day of solar. I put down my $100 and now I am being told (on the web site) that I will get my Aptera in 2022. Wheeee!!
Funny thing about Aptera is it has tons of cargo space. It doesn't match my needs but I can't wait to see them.
Sponsored

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
Larryboy31 you convinced me. I am on the Aptera waitlist too.

VFRMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, 15.36 KW solar
Occupation
Associate Professor, Mathematics
Country flag
I'll be getting nothing until the CT becomes available. Going to keep my 2020 Model-3 (Performance) and my 2001 Ford F-150. Once the CT becomes available, I will consider consolidating.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
OK, I did it. I got on the waitlist for a Silverado EV. Strangely I am a little excited. It reminds me of the style of truck I was expecting on CT reveal night. It is eerily similar to pre-reveal mock-ups.
Probably won't have a chance before 2025, as the email was called "MY25". Hedging my bet if the CT gets completely cancelled. :cool:

1643473780536.png
It would be interesting to see a bolt on body kit like this for the Cybertruck. It looks like you could achieve most of this look with just some bolt on fiberglass panels.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The interesting thing about the Silverado pre-orders is that the $100 goes directly to the dealer.

Are they bribing the dealers to stay in the system? To tantalize them with the electric potential?

-Crissa

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now that we know we won't be getting a cybertruck for a few more years, (I'm about 70,000, so maybe late 2023?). What are you planning to get to hold you until then?

I've currently got a 2012 Tacoma and need to do something soon so I'm super curious to hear what you plans are.
Going to start looking for an EV kit for my Nissan Navara.

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Now that we know we won't be getting a cybertruck for a few more years, (I'm about 70,000, so maybe late 2023?). What are you planning to get to hold you until then?

I've currently got a 2012 Tacoma and need to do something soon so I'm super curious to hear what you plans are.
I just sold my 2017 Tundra because the used truck market was great. I was glad to get my money out of it. Now I have an inexpensive paid for 2002 Subaru Outback with 87k on it to roll until CT hits

My first car will look great next to my Cybertruck
Tesla Cybertruck What are you going to get while you wait? 774.JPG

Last edited:

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
The Cybertruck was going to solve all my personal problems and make me whole.

Now that it's gone, the Aptera is the only cool thing left, unfortunately it's bit too small.

Among all the many boring options, i guess, if the Junta ever gets their tax credits for union made hybrids passed, i would seriously consider the Ford Maverick. The dealerships may not mark that up too much.

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
=-)
Country flag
I got a Hyundai Ionic 5 to hold me over since it’s going to be awhile before my number comes up for a Cybertruck. It’s an awesome experience finally getting an EV and I wouldn’t go back to an ICE. Loving this car!

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
I bought a Model Y and a new Bronco and a bunch of Cybertruck toys. Can't wait for my Cybertruck though.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I'll drive my 1:10 scale Cybertruck up and down the street to hold me over. Lol.

Other than that, I rotate driving my vehicles to keep them fresh and moving. The average age is now 25 years, but I don't drive much, or far.

I'm still committed that the Cybertruck will be my next vehicle (replacing my beloved Magnum) and first EV. I don't NEED it, I WANT it.

It will be epic.
Sponsored

Last edited: