What are you going to get while you wait?

neilevan

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model3, Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now that we know we won't be getting a cybertruck for a few more years, (I'm about 70,000, so maybe late 2023?). What are you planning to get to hold you until then?

I've currently got a 2012 Tacoma and need to do something soon so I'm super curious to hear what you plans are.
When I heard about the long delay, I got myself a 2021 M3. I love it, and I bet I'll love the CTruck even more...
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
What are you going to get while you wait?

More money to pay off my Cybertruck. (And tired of waiting.)

Okanoganjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3 motor
Occupation
Retired, now small business owner
Country flag
Just about ready to plop down a $1,000 deposit on a Rivian. Its fully refundable and the truck itself is comparable to what were being told the Cyber Truck will be as far as capabilities. Rivian is on the road now and being reviewed/tested. Thinking a Rivian may be ready before my Cyber Truck number comes up. At that point I will know more and can hopefully make an educated choice which to get. Rivian has some things going for it like the possiability for the $7,500 Tax Credit, no 12K upcharge for FSD, more conventional/familiar ergonomics etc, The only thing that appears to be missing is the 4 wheel steering that may or may not be included on the Cyber Truck. Its good to have choices.

FHWizard

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester Sport, M3 LR, MY LR, CT tri reserv
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is still a maybe. I think likely at this point, but definitely a maybe.

There are a lot of things about the Cybertruck that makes it worth the wait for me.

Though if I’d known it would be delayed more than a year, I’d probably have kept my Tundra for at least another year. Sold it a bit too soon.
Sold my Tundra maybe too soon also but got a good price on it and picked up an old beat up Dakota for 3K to hopefully last a couple years. Put the rest of the money from the Tundra into TSLA stock to hopefully mature enough to make a good down payment on the CT. Didn't reserve until June 2000 so I've got a good wait.

Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
With the 400 mile Rivian getting delayed to 2023 I don't think their is going to be any vehicle that sufficiently meets my cargo, size and range needs before the CT.

Both of my reservations are under 10,000 so I am hoping the wait isn't too long into 2023 before we start seeing them come out of Austin

:(

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
Eagle by Kingsong for off-roading and competition, and a v8f by Inmotion for lessons, tricks, and diy. The Eagle is an electric unicycle that goes 44 mph; it has a release this year.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Eagle by Kingsong for off-roading and competition, and a v8f by Inmotion for lessons, tricks, and diy. The Eagle is an electric unicycle that goes 44 mph; it has a release this year.
A 44MPH unicycle… I can’t imagine how quick the body count is going to pile up be on that product. Who would even insure that company?

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
Country flag
A 44MPH unicycle… I can’t imagine how quick the body count is going to pile up be on that product. Who would even insure that company?
That's actually a limitation set by the company itself (or hardcap), I think the record is 60 mph. Its about as safe as a motorcycle and you gear up the same. Surprisingly stable too, in NYC somebody opened a car door into me going 20 mph and I hip-checked it shut and stepped down with no issue. The centrifugal force that allows a bicycle with 15" wheels to ghost ride kicks in at 8 mph, making it very easy to ride. Regulators haven't touched e-bikes and that has allowed them to not require a license or insurance, the community understands it's ride at your own risk, and anyone that's been on a unicycle realizes how vulnerable they are during the "learning to ride well" period; about a month. It'd be like needing a license for slacklining (tightrope walking). Because of how straining electric batteries works, 90% of riders stay safely below top speed and respect the redline warning, going as fast as possible runs the risk of a unit cutting out, which immediately removes the auto balancing. If you have a cut out you are just about guaranteed to destroy your unit, and harm yourself. The cost of immediately losing .5 to 4k and a medical bill are enough of a deterrent.

Last edited:

Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
That's actually a limitation set by the company itself (or hardcap), I think the record is 60 mph. Its about as safe as a motorcycle and you gear up the same. Surprisingly stable too, in NYC somebody opened a car door into me going 20 mph and I hip-checked it shut and stepped down with no issue. The centrifugal force that allows a bicycle with 15" wheels to ghost ride kicks in at 8 mph, making it very easy to ride. Regulators haven't touched e-bikes and that has allowed them to not require a license or insurance, the community understands it's ride at your own risk, and anyone that's been on a unicycle realizes how vulnerable they are during the "learning to ride well" period; about a month. It'd be like needing a license for slacklining (tightrope walking). Because of how straining electric batteries works, 90% of riders stay safely below top speed and respect the redline warning, going as fast as possible runs the risk of a unit cutting out, which immediately removes the auto balancing. If you have a cut out you are just about guaranteed to destroy your unit, and harm yourself. The cost of immediately losing .5 to 4k and a medical bill are enough of a deterrent.
My biggest deterrent from going too fast on my Veteran Sherman when I started learning to ride was definitely the shear fear of cutouts. I really feel like EUC's as a mode of transport encourages good riders to stay within their skill level (can't do anything to stop the bad ones from being idiots). I am definitely still uncomfortable around traffic because I am a bigger guy so even a hipcheck @ 20mph is going to cause someone to go flying.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
Country flag
My biggest deterrent from going too fast on my Veteran Sherman when I started learning to ride was definitely the shear fear of cutouts. I really feel like EUC's as a mode of transport encourages good riders to stay within their skill level (can't do anything to stop the bad ones from being idiots). I am definitely still uncomfortable around traffic because I am a bigger guy so even a hipcheck @ 20mph is going to cause someone to go flying.
Getting hit by a moving vehicle is a lot more dangerous than one that is letting passengers out. No doubt, it was a blessing I hit it like a wall, but bailing on an euc is always an option, and the units stop on par with a bicycle. I would say be mindful of your open space, command the lane your in when it's not safe to be passed and don't be afraid of riding slower on an empty sidewalk (watch out for building corners). Riding off-road teaches you how to step/run off rather, than fall off. Cyclists have always been invisible to drivers which is why I love fsd.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
My 2007 Toyota Sienna has 226,000 miles. I bought a 5x10 aluma trailer with a tare weight of 440 lbs. The trailer is good for 1800 lbs. I figure any more than that I will just pay delivery charges. The rear seats are folded down with a tarp and I have been using it like a truck while I update a rental property.

They say the Sienna is good for 300,000 miles. It has been pretty good so far. Crossing my fingers. It is s crappy time to buy a new or used rig.

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I already have the guns and ammo so I can shoot myself for free. 70+ mph on a unicycle? This is a joke, right?

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Nice to see a few EUC riders crop up in this thread!! I have a Sherman, MSP-HS, and waiting on the S20. I think it's the next mode of transportation to compliment EVs while being a great or better substitute for bikes, scooters, and mopeds. Things are still very early but lots of upside potential - bullish. (y)
Sponsored