What kind of optional features will the Cybertruck have.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
One of the things I genuinely likes about buying the Model Y is how straight forward the process was. There were something like 5 options when you bought the car.

SR/ AWD Long Range/ Performance
Color
Wheels
Tow Hitch
Full Self Drive

With the Cybertruck we have 3 “trims”, but it seems like the tow package is likely included. So we are down to 3 “options”:

single/ dual/ tri motor
Wheels? Seems likely
Full self drive.

I was trying to think of what other options they might offer and came up with the following possibilities:

- A city build and an off road build. The city version would have more efficient tires.
- Off road would have more aggressive tires, different wheels.
- A bumper with hooks or hard mounts for a winch or other accessories.
- A tow package. Seems like a logical place for things like wifi cameras to be bundled.
- Solar vault cover & Solar Wings

Now suddenly, the appeal of the simple Model Y ordering is a bit muddled, but it is all separate bits and pieces as opposed to the super confusing bundles other car makes do.
Sponsored

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
There would be no reason to add different trims just offer optional tires like they already do. But for other possible options there is the CT Quad, a trailer which hasn't been confirmed yet and the camping option which has been confirmed.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
There would be no reason to add different trims just offer optional tires like they already do. But for other possible options there is the CT Quad, a trailer which hasn't been confirmed yet and the camping option which has been confirmed.
I would call the quad and a trailer separate products, not an option.

I am curious what options will be offered. I'm not familiar enough with Teslas to know their history of options, though it sounds like there aren't many.