What will it typically cost to recharge a dual motor at a Tesla charging station?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've been wondering something. I've seen many comparisons like this of gas vs. electric costs but not sure I've seen one where they've taken the taxes out of the cost of the gas. I believe most (if not all) states have a gas tax added to the price, and although some states now have an EV tax to attempt to balance this, it isn't in the equation when comparing energy costs. I"m guessing electric still comes out ahead, but also guessing it isn't insignificant.
It isn't. And yeah, they can be a bit of a doozy.

But it's pretty straightforward to add to your calculations, if you know your average annual driving.

fee/(annual miles)=cost per mile

So for 10k miles per year a $100 fee is 1¢ a mile. For 15k, it's 2/3rds of a cent a mile. It's a very small difference compared to what we're looking at in the fuel cost difference.

Bigger problem is the states that have done this fee to urban e-cars and bikes, which generally get used less than 10k a year. A $100 fee on my 5k/yr bike is 2¢ a mile! Compared to my spouse's bike, which uses a hundred gallons in a year, the gas tax had better be really damn high to compare (the average gas tax is under 53¢ all told) to the same fee.

$100 annual fee is about the same as $10k miles with the average gas tax in a 50mpg car.

How does a Tesla J1772 specification-compliant receptacle not work with CCS?
The J1772 standard does not include DC pins. The combo connector for CCS contains to additional pins for DC. Tesla repurposes several pins from AC (which CCS isn't required to supply) to DC instead of having additional pins. Very complex to cross the electrical streams!

-Crissa
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
What will it typically cost to recharge a dual motor at a Tesla charging station?
OK, so rather than guess, I'll repeat what Elon himself said, I believe back in early 2020, so maybe do your own adjustment for inflation: "You're going to love Cybertruck because if you go on a long trip and you need to refuel, instead of spending $100 to fill up, you're going to spend around $10. Take your wife to dinner while you refuel, it's on me".
The wording isn't verbatim, but the numbers are.
So, gas has gone up considerably since then (Ukraine, etc.) and so has electricity. Assuming a similar ratio of 10 to 1, you're staring down the barrel of a 90% savings. Not bad, if you ask me.
Wrap it up, I'll take it!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
We just drove our 2022 MYLR from the Bay Area to Denver. Three days and 4-5 charges per day (~20%_~95%). Let’s just say 12 charges. Every charge was $15-$19. This was ALL Tesla super chargers along I80. FWIW.

a Dual Motor CT will likely be half as efficient as the MY and you may be charging more so you will have to extrapolate.
Sponsored