What would complete first...

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
If someone had all the information, and began 3D Printing a Cybertruck today, who would finish first: The real Tesla Cybertruck, or the 3D Printed Cybertruck? Would it be close? Why or why not?
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
“3D Printed” How? There are a lot of different 3d printing technologies and they all work at different speeds.

Even if you ignore the wiring, batteries, and computers which cannot be 3d printed at all. I’m not sure any of them would allow printing a functioning Cybertruck. I’d pretty sure nothing lets you 3d print in stainless steel. You could machine a lot of the metal parts, but then you’d need massive blocks of stainless which nobody can manufacture right now.

OP
OP

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
“3D Printed” How? There are a lot of different 3d printing technologies and they all work at different speeds.

Even if you ignore the wiring, batteries, and computers which cannot be 3d printed at all. I’m not sure any of them would allow printing a functioning Cybertruck. I’d pretty sure nothing lets you 3d print in stainless steel. You could machine a lot of the metal parts, but then you’d need massive blocks of stainless which nobody can manufacture right now.
I was just playing around Ogre. Haha... something to release some stress, but who knows... someone might have a huge 3D printer - don't ask, and you'll never know. Let's sit back, laugh, and see. Have a great day! peace

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
I think they are 3D printing houses out of concrete now. Maybe 3D print a statue of the CT and drop it in front of the Tera Factory?

OP
OP

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Yes, I saw some 3D printers working on a home. So, why not the Cybertruck. I mean, it could happen! haha

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
If we get to where 3D printing metals is easy I guarantee people will have closets full of printers spitting out quarters 24/7.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think they are 3D printing houses out of concrete now. Maybe 3D print a statue of the CT and drop it in front of the Tera Factory?
Maybe someone will make a concrete Cybertruck someday...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yes, stainless steel can be 3d printed now.

https://all3dp.com/2/stainless-steel-3d-printer-how-to-3d-print-stainless-steel/

I remember a project a few years back where two robots were used to 3d print a stainless steel bridge in a park in the Netherlands or Belgium or something. It took them most of a year to do it.

-Crissa

Joris Laarman's 12-metre 3D-printed stainless steel bridge finally opens in Amsterdam
By James Parkes | 19 July 2021
https://www.dezeen.com/2021/07/19/mx3d-3d-printed-bridge-stainless-steel-amsterdam/

The world's first 3D-printed steel bridge has opened in Amsterdam
Jul 16, 2021
euronews
Sponsored