Why do we say its okay to have all these issues by many?

Darthamerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast and Model S P90D
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Why? Speaking for myself, Tesla offers a unique experience. I know they are still learning to build cars. I know they don’t have the best build quality. I know EVs are a new technology that isn’t nearly as mature as ICE technology. But I’m willing to deal with the issues because I enjoy the brand and the uniqueness of their vehicles.
Sponsored

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Based on what I have read so far, these are isolated issues that happened to a few people. It’s natural for these owners to come here and ask for suggestions. We can’t assume that every other Cybertruck is having these issues. Majority of Cybertruck owners are happy. Every man made object will have issues, from a simple toy car to the most expensive car on the planet. Do you know how many recalls happen on refreshed ICE vehicles? A LOT! Both my brand new BMW and Lexus had major recalls within six months of delivery. Same thing with my Ducati. Of course I didn’t see viral videos or articles about it because who the F** cares. Cybertruck on the other hand is a whole new level. People have to rant about it here and media has to pick it up, and then some of our friends and family members have to share those FUD articles to me, and ask me to cancel my order. What a circus?! 🤡 .

If you are that unhappy with Cybertruck, nobody is stopping you from selling it after 10 months. Just be aware that when you start these threads summarizing every isolated issue as the laundry list of issues that you personally experienced with YOUR Cybertruck, there are people who are waiting to pick on these and start a FUD campaign in mainstream media, irrespective of your genuine intention to share your frustration!

Cyber_Skerple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No.

Issues 'grow' because there are more trucks. More trucks means the very few that have problems will show up here.

-Crissa
Looking at the posting history of the people making these threads, what makes me nervous is that many of them were posting before they took delivery. Long before in some cases, even years. I'd say the majority of them joined this (incredible) community for the right reasons, because they were excited for their truck, not to complain or share doom and gloom. This is a forum for the biggest Cybertruck admirers on planet Earth. And yet their posts are filled with despair. It is a notable, puzzling, and somewhat frightening phenomenon.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
Looking at the posting history of the people making these threads, what makes me nervous is that many of them were posting before they took delivery. Long before in some cases, even years. I'd say the majority of them joined this (incredible) community for the right reasons, because they were excited for their truck, not to complain or share doom and gloom. This is a forum for the biggest Cybertruck admirers on planet Earth. And yet their posts are filled with despair. It is a notable, puzzling, and somewhat frightening phenomenon.
Not true for this thread. The OP joined just two months ago. My observation has been the opposite. Most of these negative threads summarizing all the bad things about Cybertruck have been started by people who recently joined without any history, and then sometimes they suddenly claim that they own Cybertruck. When owners share specific issues or personal experiences, it’s gold for me, but these type of threads make me wonder what’s the hidden agenda here?

Cyber_Skerple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Not true for this thread. The OP joined just two months ago.
The important distinction is just that most posters are joining before they take delivery, not because they are dissatisfied with their truck.

For posting patterns like that to be part of a hidden agenda, you would need to believe something like sleeper cells are being acticated.

OP
OP

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag
Why? Speaking for myself, Tesla offers a unique experience. I know they are still learning to build cars. I know they don’t have the best build quality. I know EVs are a new technology that isn’t nearly as mature as ICE technology. But I’m willing to deal with the issues because I enjoy the brand and the uniqueness of their vehicles.
I too got on the bandwagon for the love of disruptive tech. But I often wish things to improve not worsen...

OP
OP

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag
Based on what I have read so far, these are isolated issues that happened to a few people. It’s natural for these owners to come here and ask for suggestions. We can’t assume that every other Cybertruck is having these issues. Majority of Cybertruck owners are happy. Every man made object will have issues, from a simple toy car to the most expensive car on the planet. Do you know how many recalls happen on refreshed ICE vehicles? A LOT! Both my brand new BMW and Lexus had major recalls within six months of delivery. Same thing with my Ducati. Of course I didn’t see viral videos or articles about it because who the F** cares. Cybertruck on the other hand is a whole new level. People have to rant about it here and media has to pick it up, and then some of our friends and family members have to share those FUD articles to me, and ask me to cancel my order. What a circus?! 🤡 .

If you are that unhappy with Cybertruck, nobody is stopping you from selling it after 10 months. Just be aware that when you start these threads summarizing every isolated issue as the laundry list of issues that you personally experienced with YOUR Cybertruck, there are people who are waiting to pick on these and start a FUD campaign in mainstream media, irrespective of your genuine intention to share your frustration!
Didn't mean to list the issues to make it sound like MY issues. But yes, when you see so many posts about multiple cars being towed it does create fear. Perhaps I am a victim of the FUD campaign.

I've also asked myself, why not just sell the car during my issues with servicing the X but its like I have service amnesia. I love the car too much and I let it slide. Just curious if others felt the same or is it just me.

As a longterm Tesla owner who enjoys this forum, isn't okay to have a discussion about the concerning trend in service over the years?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
You may be new here, but we like threads introduced with verifiable sources and references, so that we can be assured you're not a TSLAQ or legacy auto shill.
1715249184908-ln.png

Pictures and/or video - or it didn't happen.

- ÆCIII

OP
OP

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag
Not true for this thread. The OP joined just two months ago. My observation has been the opposite. Most of these negative threads summarizing all the bad things about Cybertruck have been started by people who recently joined without any history, and then sometimes they suddenly claim that they own Cybertruck. When owners share specific issues or personal experiences, it’s gold for me, but these type of threads make me wonder what’s the hidden agenda here?
Despite my common interest in Tesla, I joined only recently when it was near delivery (mainly to track delivery). I wasn't going to post for 4+ years while waiting on a truck that I had never seen or experienced. But I am also not a diehard-tesla-apparel-wearing customer who defends the company to the teeth.

Absolutely, no hidden agenda here, just wanted to see if anyone shared similar concerns. No need to polarize the issue. Just a concerned customer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag
I guess I was being naive to think it would be a good idea to vocalize a concern as a tesla/CT owner on website for tesla/CT owners.

Since I'm the only one concerned I guess ill keep it to myself!

Good to hear some positives though with folks above 2K miles without issues.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Not sure what TSLAQ means. You can go to space for a confirmation pic since my family picture was sent to space in 2020 thru Tesla. But nonetheless would this suffice?

Screenshot_20240509-062801~2.png
No, because this is just a picture of more words, which could've been easily downloaded off the internet. If you had pictures of loose panels or trim, and/or videos of a Cybertruck with a wiper refusing to work, then that would be more helpful.

Saying a picture was sent to space has absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

You may be legit, but I'm just trying to help you assure readers of that. We don't owe anyone a blind trust of taking words hook line and sinker. But posters implicitly owe us an effort to provide substantial proof or evidence to foster trust and credibility.

Besides lack of pictures, you left out many details in the introduction, such as which Tesla service center. Many people take pictures of issues to put in their Tesla app anyway, to assist the service team for evaluation and/or parts ordering before you bring a vehicle in.

If you actually had these type problems with a Cybertruck this early on, wouldn't you have taken some picture or videos of it? I know I would've. Everyone has a phone with them, or close by.

When you introduce a whole thread with major concerns, it helps to have the evidence to back them up. There are a lot of negative narratives being pushed out there, so some of us just want to make sure concerns are legit. Visuals also help everyone to know if a problem is part of a trend, in case someone else also posts a similar example.

- ÆCIII

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think you missed the point that I was concerned about these issues based on what's already out there. I didn't experience all these issues myself. Only a few.

And no, I didn't take videos or pictures of everything since it was so obvious like the dropped gear selector which was broken at the first service pick up. The windshield wiper motor was dead at pickup so they knew about it when they delivered the car. I didn't list the service center because I actually think they are nice guys and for some odd reason feel like they would get in trouble for me calling them out.

Not sure why I am complying with your request to validate myself but I did have pics of the windshield and trim.

Screenshot_20240509-071009.png

PXL_20240424_220356436.MP~2.jpg
Thank you. You are obviously very patient.

I think it would've been a good idea to provide links to those other owner issues in your first post introducing this thread, as well as these pictures.

Your thread is titled "Why do we tolerate this..." which has implications of a trend or major significance, so anytime something is becoming an acute concern as your title suggests, I expect support for those points and sometimes I 'shoot from the hip' if I don't see that.

Now it's been re-titled "Why do we say it's okay to have all these issues by many?". Who is saying ' it's okay'? And who are all the ' many'?

I think @Crissa said it best in that there are likely a few more issues with a fast ramp of more Cybertrucks being produced early on, and indeed production hell is not new as we learned with the Model 3. Still, the percentage of issues among those delivered could be small, but one would never know that with some of the posts. I think we should contextualize that whenever possible because some express a problem in a way that implies much more frequent occurrence than may be happening.

Good luck with your Cybertruck but early adopters do have a double-edge sword, in that some problems may not yet be refined out in the production methods as well as methods updated a year or two later. My Model 3 had panel gaps and rattles at first, but they were eventually corrected.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
Day 1 for me
- cameras won't calibrate because they're "off"
- tonneau cover malfunctions and wouldn't move (eventually worked)
- tonneau cover still glitches out and won't properly close (will get 2-4 inches form tailgate and stop)
- tonneau cover has an area by the button that is bulging up
- tonneau cover is miss aligned
- rubber trim piece sticks out 2 inches
- tailgate looks to be maybe misaligned

Overall really enjoy the car, but already have multiple service appointments scheduled to fix it. Go in this morning
Sponsored