Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
No. My M3 will be paid off in a few months. I plan on purchasing the CT, paying it off, and then retiring. It'll be my vehicle that will get me through retirement. My M3 will get me to retirement. It's at 131,000 miles right now. The 2 years of COVID helped keep the miles low, so should get me another 5-6 years and hopefully 300,000 miles.

ysr612

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 4-runner model 3 lr
Country flag
I would like to get rid of my 4+runner trouble free 350k miles but not my wifes' F-250 600k miles not completely trouble free but close enough we want to keep it. One thing for sure is we will keep the M3 LR.

optimusprem

First Name
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor AWD
Country flag
2018 Hyundai Sonata with ~90k miles glad to go electric and be able to move stuff around!

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
For those of you who have a Tesla - assuming the re-sale value never recovers, will you be trading it up for the Cybertruck and take a hit or are you keeping both?

Ballers are welcome to answer, but I'm more interested in those with more restricted budgets (asking for a friend).
I will trad in my M3 or sell it. I only need one Tesla.

FrunkyTrucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X P100D
Country flag
We have a Cybertruck Tri and Aptera 600 mile on order. We currently have a 2018 X P100D that has free Supercharging and an ICE short commuter
Right now I'm thinking Cybertruck arrives first. Model X goes to wife. Highschool kid gets wife's ICE short commute sedan. We will need to test drive and see safety results for Aptera before we follow through with the order. Wife will then determine what she wants. A new budget Tesla could change the plans.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
I came to Tesla based upon a CyberTruck reservation in Dec 2019. I leased a Model Y in 2021 with the idea of the CT as my Next Tesla. Based upon a mid 2024 lease return of the MY and my reservation position, I think the timing may just work out. That said, I'm getting the CyberTruck at my first opportunity regardless.

WheezyLex

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
US Navy
Country flag
I found out a few weeks ago that my wife "secretly" likes my new MYP. She can't directly admit it because of her prior tirade against, and dislike of, Elon. …

People who don't like Tesla's or think they're some kind of impractical "thing", simply have never had contact with one….
My sister in law loves EVs, but then complains that there isn’t infrastructure for them yet. When I explain about the supercharging network and 99% of the time one will be charging from home, she complains about Elon and how ouch she hates him.

My little brother is a fan, though, and I’ll be he will move my CT when I can finally get one.

—Lex

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My sister in law loves EVs, but then complains that there isn’t infrastructure for them yet. When I explain about the supercharging network and 99% of the time one will be charging from home, she complains about Elon and how ouch she hates him.

My little brother is a fan, though, and I’ll be he will move my CT when I can finally get one.

—Lex
When I hear complaints or doubts about Tesla it *always* comes downward to someone that believes the media and hates Elon. So let your sister live her life and suffer the ignorance. I think one saying goes: “you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink”.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ehh, people have good reasons to dislike someone who engages in promoting misinformation and bigotry. Elon's current friends have been steering him wrong. Gotta be suspicious of friends who profit from being your friend.

🤷‍♀️

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Ehh, people have good reasons to dislike someone who engages in promoting misinformation and bigotry. Elon's current friends have been steering him wrong. Gotta be suspicious of friends who profit from being your friend.

🤷‍♀️

-Crissa
I am sure that I wouldn’t like the politics of many if not most CEOs, but Elon is very public about his. And he has had the media against him forever. If I chose my car based on the politics of its CEOs I’d probably be riding a bike.

Zelectric

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla MS P90D 2021 Tesla M3 LR
Country flag
My soul.
Sponsored