g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Come on people, are you all too scared to bring a measuring tape into the museum? 🤣

Just joking, some cool close up photos in there, thank you for sharing. I really wish they'd have kept the angled tailgate sides, looks so much cooler that way!
You should see my new thread. TLDR, everyones had a measuring tape all along... Maybe people didn't know it.

iPhone has a measuring app that is surprisingly accurate! Small learning curve, but... SOMEONE PLEAAAASE measure the truck length and width and height PLEASE! SO simple. I am tempted to shoot over to LA myself.
Sponsored

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
You should see my new thread. TLDR, everyones had a measuring tape all along... Maybe people didn't know it.

iPhone has a measuring app that is surprisingly accurate! Small learning curve, but... SOMEONE PLEAAAASE measure the truck length and width and height PLEASE! SO simple. I am tempted to shoot over to LA myself.
Yeah an iPhone with LIDAR should give reasonably accurate results provided you know how to use it although physically measuring it would be ideal. It's not like you're going to get arrested for whipping it out ... the tape measure that is.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The truck at the museum will probably have the same dimensions as posted at the very first OG truck unveiling.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Yeah an iPhone with LIDAR should give reasonably accurate results provided you know how to use it although physically measuring it would be ideal. It's not like you're going to get arrested for whipping it out ... the tape measure that is.
I always whip it out! 🫡

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
lol its amazing how they all miss 'that moment of truth'

The phone is wavering all over the place... Woweeee

'It's about my height', and I'm tall."

Farken thank you very much !!!!!!! :D

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Someone said the sledgehammer marks are still visible.

Honestly seems like such a great marketing schtick when everyone going through the museum can see it if they look.

Do they have an exhibit case with the pieces of the broken side windows on display and a police CSI analysis of the incident :)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Do they have an exhibit case with the pieces of the broken side windows on display and a police CSI analysis of the incident :)
No but they do have the steel ball and sledgehammer in a glass case next to the truck. I think there is a picture of the shattered glass as well.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I finally went to The Petersen today with my son. It was great with very few people there today. I have several observations.

This is not even a prototype. It's THE original concept vehicle. For us to sit here on our computers and give guesses as to what the production CT is going to be from observing the concept vehicle, is just that. A guess! It was obviously thrown together fairly quickly and most of the panels that you could see the thickness of the SS were very thin, probably half the thickness of 3mm. Except possibly the Frunk lid. There is NO way the production Cybertrucks are going to have that incredible bed!!!!

Now, after getting that out of the way. The whole exhibit was excellent. And we can get a general idea of what our CT will be like. One thing I didn't like is the visibility for the driver. The A pillars are large and limit forward visibility, and ALL the windows are shorter than I thought they would be. The vault lid didn't go all the way down past the back window, so it made the back window only about 10" tall. The side windows are also smaller which may look cool from the outside but from the inside I personally don't like windows like that. Kinda like a Dodge Magnum, or the original Hummers. I could see a major problem with the sail storage they originally showed with it only being the small triangles of the sails. The points of the sails are a very tight angle so that part of the triangle near the tailgate is virtually no space and useless. Plus the point on the passenger side was bent. It really would make way more sense to have the whole rear quarter panels as storage.

Edit: Also, I didn't like the look of the Cybertruck squatting. It throws you for a bit of a loop. It would look badass with the whole truck lowered.

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit cyberbed

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit cybertruck

Notice the tweaked pointy end of the sail storage door. Also, take a look at all the steel for the hinge of that tailgate!
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit damage

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit frontrt

I'm 5'10" look at how small the side windows are.
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit joecyber

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit suspension

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit underside

On the left is the 3mm SS bottle opener. On the right is the front driver side. Much thinner metal than 3mm.

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit comparison

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I finally went to The Petersen today with my son. It was great with very few people there today. I have several observations.
Nice, I’m envious.

How tall are you? I assume that’s you in the shot?

It looks like it’s more than 6’ at the peak when it’s in that pose.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Nice, I’m envious.

How tall are you? I assume that’s you in the shot?

It looks like it’s more than 6’ at the peak when it’s in that pose.
I'm 5' 10" but kinda bent over a bit. That CT is over 6' just barely.
Edit: I looked it up, and they originally said CT height was 75".

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s so crazy how at some angles it looks massive and others it looks more like large car than a truck. Does it seem huge in person?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It’s so crazy how at some angles it looks massive and others it looks more like large car than a truck. Does it seem huge in person?
You mention angles. When I first saw the Cybertruck in 2019, it looked like modern art to me. Minimalism in car design. Yesterday I spent about an hour chatting and looking over the granddaddy CT. It's a study in angles, it looks so simple, but it's not!
One of those angles that was striking to me, and really contributes to how large the truck looks is from the front up to the peak of the roof. A Cybertruck in the rearview mirror could be very intimidating!

I guess why it looks like a large car, is because it doesn't look like a truck. I have a large E250 van, so to me the CT didn't seem huge. It looks appropriate size of a pickup truck, but it looks otherworldly.

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit front

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit to
Sponsored