RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
But we know the measurements of the original prototype?

-Crissa
We don't. The dimensions shown on screen during the 2019 presentation were not those of the prototype they brought on stage which was oversized, I just want to know by how much. Width wise we already know as Elon did tweet saying it was 84" wide (vs. 79.8" width shown on screen), length wise he didn't say but I'd bet it is more than the stated 231.7".

Going to be a while before I get there.

Is there a good, semi accurate 3d scanning app now that gets dimensions.
I think the Apple one is, provided you have an iPhone with LIDAR. You could also bring a tape measure if the CT isn't cordoned off 🤣 , although I suspect once they open it to the public it will be.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't watch his channel, but it would be nice to see a side by side of him in front of a Y and the Cybertruck for easy comparison.
He mentions it here, but the truck is in “dump/ load” mode which puts the front end at absolute maximum height. If you are driving in a parking lot it would probably be 6-10” lower.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
It must fit comfortably through The Boring tunnel. Production Cybertruck dimensions have most likely changed.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I don't watch his channel, but it would be nice to see a side by side of him in front of a Y and the Cybertruck for easy comparison.
Full skid plate confirmed!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
He mentions it here, but the truck is in “dump/ load” mode which puts the front end at absolute maximum height. If you are driving in a parking lot it would probably be 6-10” lower.
No other pickup has it!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Now can see more Tik Tok videos of someone pushing a barrow of horse shit up the ramp, and tipping it on their head.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
Going to swing by the Peterson museum today, any requests for me to look for/ analyze?
I realize this is the old prototype.

one thing I want to confirm is it’s size… tech reviewers keep saying it’s massive. It’s the same size as my F-150 and I don’t consider an F-150 massive by any means.
So at least I’ll report back if it actually feels any larger than a normal pickup, coming from someone who drives one.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Going to swing by the Peterson museum today, any requests for me to look for/ analyze?

one thing I want to confirm is it’s size… tech reviewers keep saying it’s massive. It’s the same size as my F-150 and I don’t consider an F-150 massive by any means.
So at least I’ll report back if it actually feels any larger than a normal pickup, coming from someone who drives one.
Ok, have your wife take a picture with you laying down in the bed. How tall are you?

I am very jealous. Your brush with security will be your penance for enjoying this before I can.

Actually, this is the OG and I think most agree it conforms to the specs posted previously. So just enjoy the display. I am a bit jealous though.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
Ok, have your wife take a picture with you laying down in the bed. How tall are you?

I am very jealous. Your brush with security will be your penance for enjoying this before I can.

Actually, this is the OG and I think most agree it conforms to the specs posted previously. So just enjoy the display. I am a bit jealous though.
Hahah! 6’2” maybe if I accidentally trip and fall into the bed I can pull it off.
Will use the measure app on my phone to see if I can get any unknown dimensions. Bed width etc…

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

I'm going to politely request 1,500 people to bring me one piece of the Cybertruck each. By the end of the week, I should have pretty much one whole Cybertruck here in my greedy little.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Bringing up an old argument...
Screenshot_20221117-112020_Chrome.jpg
not T slots on bed floor 😋
T slots would be incredibly dumb on the bed of the truck. i have a hard enough time sweeping out a bed without them. They would clog up like crazy. If there were a continuous cleat or counter cleat along the bottom edge of the side walls you could strap down 99% of loads sufficiently.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
T slots would be incredibly dumb on the bed of the truck. i have a hard enough time sweeping out a bed without them. They would clog up like crazy. If there were a continuous cleat or counter cleat along the bottom edge of the side walls you could strap down 99% of loads sufficiently.
FWIW, bed on the newer prototypes are quite different and don’t have these black faux slots. Or rather they lack the shiny stainless pieces between ;)

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag

It'd be great to see a review done by someone who actually drivers a truck occasionally. I tire of people saying it's massive when it's the same size or smaller than most F150s out there. (It's shorter than my F-150 and my two rear doors are the small suicide doors and my bed is only 6 1/2' long as well.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 3B6EC882-CBD1-48FF-B921-FC9A0A768056
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 7730286B-1630-471D-ADFB-9628DBB779E6
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 57775350-3250-4172-933B-E0C50F183B7C
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 042B02DC-9367-4C25-B73D-BDF1BC7D78F2
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 3B6EC882-CBD1-48FF-B921-FC9A0A768056
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 7730286B-1630-471D-ADFB-9628DBB779E6
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 57775350-3250-4172-933B-E0C50F183B7C
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 042B02DC-9367-4C25-B73D-BDF1BC7D78F2

quick Upload for now, I have many more photos and measurements. I don’t live in LA so want to drive back before traffic..
I wouldn’t put too much faith in those insert widths, I’d say they’re closer to 4”. I couldn’t stand right behind it due to quad. So app doesn’t do great at an angle. Also at least on this prototype the bed widens right before it reaches the tail gate so I’d subtract maybe 2” for true bed width compared to tail gate.
I took a pic of the rear underbody cover because I noticed at least on this prototype it’s almost completely hollow under there. Hard to tell by the pic but in person you can see there’s a lot of empty space under it.
Also for the prototype you can see the retractable cover doesn’t fully stack inside but then again, it’s the early prototype.
As well the bulkhead as we suspect is not completed flat vertical like a traditional bed is, you can see the top of the cover housing lines of with the back of those tie down squares. (Protruding into the bed area) is what I’m getting at.

also yes it’s not big, it’s to some degree it feels smaller than my pickup. It’s shape plays tricks with your mind like looking at it head on, the one giant flat seamless plane from glass to hood makes is seem big, but if you stand next to a factory 4x4 f150 (or other make)6-1/2’ bed it feels slightly smaller than that.
I’ll upload more things I noticed later.
Hope this was helpful for now.
Sponsored