Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'll be riding my 53lb Ebike up and down the ramp. It's not impossible without the ramp, but definitely more fun with it. :)
I’m sure I can ride my regular bike up in there without the ramp. Not as certain about the ebike. That back end is a beast to pop up.
Sponsored

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll be riding my 53lb Ebike up and down the ramp. It's not impossible without the ramp, but definitely more fun with it. :)
😊53 pound bike is on the light side. Is it a BMX type🏍. My dogs should also find the ramp fun.🐶

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I didn't quite pick this little nuance the first time, "but will come standard with upper laser blade lights".

For Musk to explicitly state it will come standard may imply a lot of functionalities we may be assuming as standard may in fact not be.

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 1669245995252

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
One last thing I wanted to mention that stood out when seeing the prototype in person. Just how truly purely proof of concept it was. As an engineer myself and I know many on here are as well, I quickly took notice of features and fabrication techniques that screamed we’re just trying to make it work. Not knocking Tesla team at all, have been at that stage many times in my career. It’s literally part of the process. But watching it on YouTube rolling onto stage you’d never see the internal geometry folds and quick fixes they made when you look closely in the gaps.
This one in particular caught my attention and I couldn’t land 100% on what they did here on the side body panels looking at it from the front.
The side body doesn’t seem to be make of 3mm SS like the hood and I assume doors are.
Im curious what other professionals on here think they did with this seemingly thin double sheet with adhesive insulation or something in between.
the hood is one solid piece that appears to be 3mm.
Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 8C8EE0FE-E41E-4731-86D4-51E5686011E8

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
One last thing I wanted to mention that stood out when seeing the prototype in person. Just how truly purely proof of concept it was. As an engineer myself and I know many on here are as well, I quickly took notice of features and fabrication techniques that screamed we’re just trying to make it work. Not knocking Tesla team at all, have been at that stage many times in my career. It’s literally part of the process. But watching it on YouTube rolling onto stage you’d never see the internal geometry folds and quick fixes they made when you look closely in the gaps.
This one in particular caught my attention and I couldn’t land 100% on what they did here on the side body panels looking at it from the front.
The side body doesn’t seem to be make of 3mm SS like the hood and I assume doors are.
Im curious what other professionals on here think they did with this seemingly thin double sheet with adhesive insulation or something in between.
8C8EE0FE-E41E-4731-86D4-51E5686011E8.jpeg
Wow, nice detailed close up photo. As a retired Sheet Metal worker this photo tells me that the Tesla design studio or whom ever fabricated these body panels didn't have the equipment necessary to build this out of 3mm Stainless. That stuff is hard to work with. Look closely at the cut on the side of the hood. It should have been a straight line, it's not. Also, I would think a more finished vehicle would have the hood over the side panel. And not be a raw cut, but a rounded smooth finish.
So, in addition to this being the first prototype, I think the word mock-up would be appropriate also.

The material that your photo shows behind the side panel looks like mud to me. I seem to remember some excellent videos of this thing romping around in the Texas mud.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The material that your photo shows behind the side panel looks like mud to me. I seem to remember some excellent videos of this thing romping around in the Texas mud.
Maybe a little bark from tagging a tree? Kind of looks like that corner kissed something.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
8C8EE0FE-E41E-4731-86D4-51E5686011E8.jpeg
I guess that boring tunnel is a bit tight on the first turn...

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I flew into LAX yesterday and stopped by the Peterson Museum. I was there for the CyberTruck but the other Tesla exhibits were fascinating as well.

26141F87-5657-4035-BB16-5CC8FAFDED2E.jpeg

312EB059-316E-43FB-B8C2-AE4E7BAD3DE6.jpeg

83255E81-E7CC-4223-ADB7-02769F6A7558.jpeg

53EAAD8C-58F0-4811-BD5D-40BBD7FF1B09.jpeg

BADCBCD7-30CE-4FD8-ABC4-6D4BEAED70A2.jpeg

7824EDF6-B871-408F-93B6-DDDCDE3DB137.jpeg

7C7DA57D-9FB2-4450-8A25-E3E3ACAF753B.jpeg

C30651BD-6EBD-494B-9AEA-E462AC4A2EE2.jpeg

7F54E2F6-4CBB-4313-A30B-A7C6BBFEBCF5.jpeg

33D952ED-1504-4E60-87B5-7A29C50B052A.jpeg
From top to bottom are the original large drive unit used on the first Model S and X through 2015, the small drive unit introduced in 2015 for the S and X, the 3rd gen introduced for the M3 Performance, and finally the 2021 dual motor plaid variant.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Come on people, are you all too scared to bring a measuring tape into the museum? 🤣

Just joking, some cool close up photos in there, thank you for sharing. I really wish they'd have kept the angled tailgate sides, looks so much cooler that way!
Sponsored