Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Whether it is all factual I am not sure.

It's put together well, interesting channel

Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Clickbait. No new useful info.

Based on flawed reasoning & no confirm-able data, claims Cybertruck glass will be more bullet-resistant than glass in U.S. Presidential limo.

Video is a waste of time.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Cybertruck stainless steel exoskeleton was stated to be impenetrable by handgun bullets. Rifle bullets that travel at faster speeds can still penetrate.

The Tesla Armor Glass was never said to be bulletproof, and I don't believe it will be. The glass will just be highly impact resistant to protect from road debris (like the Tesla Semi windshield was going to be based on its unveiling).

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
It is a persisting belief by many people who didn't really watch the full demonstration, (or watched it with one eye on their microwave burrito) that the glass was claimed to be bulletproof rather than the doors.

I seem to be constantly correcting people who are absolutely convinced of this all the time.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
no one ever said the glass was bulletproof. no one from Tesla. ever.
Small edit above.

Lots of people who don’t listen well have said it, often and repeatedly. It’s maybe the most misquoted “feature” of the Cybertruck.

Aside from the small edit/ nit pick, you are correct.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As for the video… very cringeworthy.

Maybe the glass they use in the Cybertruck is also used in bullet proof glass. Likely 3x thicker or laminated with other substances. The way Tesla ships it will not be equal to 3” thick bulletproof glass of any sort.

There might have been some useful info, but by perpetuating this, you are just inviting a million people screaming on Twitter about how Tesla failed to deliver on this.

OP
OP
charliemagpie

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
i noticed 36,000 subscribers, ' did I miss something?'

after posting, further review,., yep.. polished clickbait.

Got to hand it to them, first place in 'best of the worst award'. lol

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Last edited:

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Clickbait. No new useful info.

Based on flawed reasoning & no confirm-able data, claims Cybertruck glass will be more bullet-resistant than glass in U.S. Presidential limo.

Video is a waste of time.
!00% agree.

As for the video… very cringeworthy.

Maybe the glass they use in the Cybertruck is also used in bullet proof glass. Likely 3x thicker or laminated with other substances. The way Tesla ships it will not be equal to 3” thick bulletproof glass of any sort.

There might have been some useful info, but by perpetuating this, you are just inviting a million people screaming on Twitter about how Tesla failed to deliver on this.
At my current job I have tested bullet proof and blast resistant glass. Even though the glass broke we were impressed that it held the ball outside. But it is not bullet proof by any means.

The Presidential limo has multiple layers of I have no idea what its made out of followed by more layers of WTF. Seriously I have no idea what the layers are made out of.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Even the Alon is not confirmed and is unlikely. The refraction on Alon is not great vs borosilicate glass described in Tesla armour glass patent.
For patent and if they use it....
Borosilicate glass outside (pyrex is borosilicate).
Polymer layer with glue.
Chemically strengthened inner glass.... Probably aluminosilicate (gorilla glass is chemically strengthen) the dip the glass in molten potassium salt and it causes replacement of some ion with the larger potassium ion. Ford uses gorilla glass on the f150.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Wish it was in the Tesla Model X. Windshield cause: deer. Front end was ditch afterward.

YxJy8tF.jpg

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Wish it was in the Tesla Model X. Windshield cause: deer. Front end was ditch afterward.

YxJy8tF.jpg
On the Cybertruck, the hood takes the impact and it just slides across the windshield. Big Ass Wiper cleans up the rest.

Elk and moose might be a problem, but I think if you hit a moose you won’t make it to the ditch.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
On the Cybertruck, the hood takes the impact and it just slides across the windshield. Big Ass Wiper cleans up the rest.

Elk and moose might be a problem, but I think if you hit a moose you won’t make it to the ditch.
With the Cybertruck being a wedge, they might just slide right off without serious injury.

-Crissa
Sponsored