sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
yolo'r
Country flag
Could these covers possibly flip open and allow storage inside? It’d be quite narrow I guess, so maybe not.

1B911B9C-72EB-4F3B-ACC7-40CE2E53EF34.jpeg
Or it could be roof rack mounting points. Albeit access to storing anything there looks impractical. not quite a Ram box for sure, it can fit a basketball and all types of gears and helmets if youre cycling etc.,
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
you keep getting more sure about investor day announcement lol
Can’t help it, they keep throwing out hints.

Usually I’m the one trying to talk people off the fence about getting excited about events.

Which is a good reminder. I think there is a strong chance we’ll get some big CT news… but Tesla has very often delivered exactly what they say they are going to deliver and nothing more. So don’t fall in love with these ideas, it’s a recipe for disappointment.

But they are tossing out a lot of hints. Just saying.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Can’t help it, they keep throwing out hints.

Usually I’m the one trying to talk people off the fence about getting excited about events.

Which is a good reminder. I think there is a strong chance we’ll get some big CT news… but Tesla has very often delivered exactly what they say they are going to deliver and nothing more. So don’t fall in love with these ideas, it’s a recipe for disappointment.

But they are tossing out a lot of hints. Just saying.
Recipe for disappointment:
1 part tweets
2 parts earnings call mentions
a dash of sightings
add in a pinch of upcoming event and BAM. check out this guy dancing in a robot suit

samson

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
yolo'r
Country flag
In this video, the rear wheels are not turning at all. Maybe they are still working out the bugs on 4WS?

Also, it is driving on a public road or an un-gated private road so if it’s on Tesla property, it’s not any kind of secure area.

PS: It’s super annoying that they posted this on InstaGram. I keep all my Facebook crap in a separate browser so have to do a stupid little dance to see it. Post things on the public visible internet for F sake (I know this isn’t you Samson)
Yeah, the issue is copyrights / credits, wish it was posted on youtube or something but hey we got a new cybertruck look after what cyber rodeo ? damn time flies fast

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
If youre referring to the saggy diaper. my guess is its an aero cover where the spare is, probably removable
If you look at the F-150 Lightning they are able to house a spare without the saggy diaper look, this is purely aero driven in order to eek out efficiency.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Excellent. The angular mirrors go with the body style a lot better.
Question for the group: Does the roofline come down far enough in the back to negate the need for a rear window which will make the back wall less complex and may make a mid-gate more likely?

Not wanting to put too much thought into it but the mid-gate could slide straight down and forward. Think about a hinge about halfway down that's hinged on the inside of the cab. As the mid-gate goes down (like a window), it would go down and basically under the rear seats. The tonneau... excuse me... vault cover/solar vault cover could roll into a canister that resides beneath the overhang of the roof but up high where it would have blocked the rear window before. This would shorten its path and allow for a pass-through beneath the canister.
I don't know the answer to your question but looking at the video (now that it is available) I'm thinking you might be onto at least a bit of the situation. Looks like there is no extra light coming through the cabin, then through a rear window into the bed. It is a dark cave back there.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675372620492

I do like those brake lights though. Are trucks allowed to only have the 2 brake lights? I thought the middle elevated brake light was required now. Maybe only for cars.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If you look at the F-150 Lightning they are able to house a spare without the saggy diaper look, this is purely aero driven in order to eek out efficiency.
gotta pull out all the stops to get that 500+ miles of range.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I do like those brake lights though. Are trucks allowed to only have the 2 brake lights? I thought the middle elevated brake light was required now. Maybe only for cars.
Have to disagree, the lightbar is the difference between making it look retro sci-fi and something that looks like it was actually manufactured in the 80's.

gotta pull out all the stops to get that 500+ miles of range.
Indeed

Deleted member 3316

Maybe it opens up so you can clean the bedcover?

Flip.jpg
There’s a chance the yellow arrow points to a dust cover for side pillar hinges. But it seems weird there isn’t an obvious place for racks. Maybe Tesla will leave that to the after market?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I was thinking its for aero
I hope it’s for a spare tire. That would be my bet. A work truck without a spare is asking for unnecessary downtime. Maybe the IT guys can spare that kind of downtime or work from their car but many cannot. It’s a truck. It’s literally intended to work. Also the triangular mirrors are dumb. They got cute with something that should look more minimalistic and tougher. I really hope they aren’t these triangles in the end.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Took this screen grab and enlarged (where is enhance when you need it? BladeRunner you have ruined my expectations).

Any tire people that can figure out the exact model of that tire?

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675372984900

So this little "chip" in the wheel well flares is where the rear view camera is?

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675373101522

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Escalade, 2017 Range Rover Sport, Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
Wide angle hi-res camera sticking out on a thin stalk from the truck door will have better view of the trailer side than a mirror.
Agreed... however until that is legal, I'll still need a mirror in the interim. Don't get me wrong, I'll go full camera as soon as it's available... but I still need to haul my boat without having to worry about FHP...lol.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag