Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The only thing I don’t see is the monitors for the side cameras. I thought you could remove the mirrors and there would be monitors there you would see the side of the truck?
Looks like there's def an access panel to remove the side mirrors. I'm willing to bet there's a port and attachment point for connecting an optional add-on monitor.

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] CT-Attatch

Now that I've calmed down, my worthless takes...

- After using a yoke for 3 months I like it, and I want it in my CT. Not a deal breaker by any means. But I hope there's an option.

- I'm def on Team No Hub Caps.

- Wanted a pass through. I'll live without it.

- I really hope the tonneau cover isn't some kind of vinyl, and is metal like on the original.

- Somebody needs to get the exterior dimensions. If you know someone there PLEASE get them to VR measure this thing.

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] its-so-beautiful-cryin

Last edited:

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
headlights are to the right of your circled area. And turn signal is to the right of that. I'm thinking the light bar below the frunk lid is a fog light.
I think those are the turn signals that you mention as the headlights. The small yellow we see visible is the side marker light and reflector area. Time will tell….

Also, aren’t fog lights supposed to be as low to the road as possible? I’m guessing that’s the DRL but just a guess.

calitruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tundra Supercharged, Prev: 2007 Tacoma
Country flag
I have a Tacoma and those sliding rail clamps aren’t that great. I use the tie-down loops on the front but got rid of tailgate ones, adding a frame stiffener which has multiple tie-down locations.
Does your tacoma have those plastic bed liners or is the bed spray lined? Probably easier if you have a spray on.

My truck is old school, no spray on liner but with a plastic bed liner. It makes accessing the tie down loops a total b******* because the bed liner is raised ABOVE the loops and the cutout is so darn small. The railing is on the side and also the front, and I have three clamps on each side as well as two up front. Super easy to attach bungee hooks or any tie down. Mostly carry large sheets of plywood.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I bet quad motor will be 75-79K
I know people want to hold onto their 2019 fantasy of a $39,000 Single Motor CyberTruck, but inflation....and reality......is that $80,000 for a Quad/Tri is probably pretty close to the actual pricing.

Great news though....NO DEALER GOUGING MARKUPS!

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Lines look GREAT! Truck looks very complete! OG WHEELS! Mirrors. This is it.........
Look at the interior?! Man..

More pics coming!

1677692459659.png
FqJ07oqakAEqXQd.jpeg

FqJ07nwacAAdIEb.jpeg

FqJ07oqaAAAYlD2.jpeg

1677694759411.jpeg

FqJ0DmbXgAQ9vAS.jpeg

WALKAROUND VIDEOS:

CYBRTRK is BEYOND BEYOND.
No words left!
Thanks greggertruck for the Mission. Accomplished!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I know people want to hold onto their 2019 fantasy of a $39,000 Single Motor CyberTruck, but inflation....and reality......is that $80,000 for a Quad/Tri is probably pretty close to the actual pricing.

Great news though....NO DEALER GOUGING MARKUPS!
Did anyone really want a rwd truck?

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like there's def an access panel to remove the side mirrors. I'm willing to bet there's a port and attachment point for connecting an optional add-on monitor.

CT-Attatch.jpg
I’d love to see that available. One thing I was thinking about, since Elon says the mirrors will be removable, is that they’ll probably have to come up with a space in that same area for a blind spot warning light to light up. Usually it’s in the mirror but with removable mirrors, you’d think they’d move it inside somewhere on the A pillar in that general area.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I’d love to see that available. One thing I was thinking about, since Elon says the mirrors will be removable, is that they’ll probably have to come up with a space in that same area for a blind spot warning light to light up. Usually it’s in the mirror but with removable mirrors, you’d think they’d move it inside somewhere on the A pillar in that general area.
Tesla mirrors don't have that.

Screen does

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X
Country flag
Also... they took the anti-yoke folk's critisism of driving a truck with a yoke to heart while also keeping their desired yoke in the design.

They modified this yoke from other models by making it taller (up and down) with more traditional round sides. instead of a wider squatter yoke with straighter sides.

I am not a fan of yokes, but that one looks like it wouldn't be annoying.

yoke.jpg
I disagree. I think this is the worst of both worlds. Around steering wheel you can easily turn and spin around on the outside of the wheel. A yoke like I have in my x, and which I've actually grown to love, you can stick your hand in the hole and spin it around when you park. This new yoke doesn't give you any extra room to see the non-existent instrument cluster, with the removed benefit of being able to spin your hand around on the outside of the wheel. Personally I wish I will still be able to pay extra to get a standard yoke, hopefully with improved tactile buttons so I don't put stickers everywhere, and a model x / s instrument cluster.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla mirrors don't have that.

Screen does
Getting used to using that screen for everything is gonna take some time to get used to. An instrument cluster really would have helped in this vehicle for displaying things like side view mirror view, blind spot warning etc etc.

Putting on your left turn signal but looking right at the center screen for video/blind spot warning will take me time to get used to.

Last edited:

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
1. I don't want an instrument cluster. If you do, there will be aftermarket for you to buy, I'm sure.
2. I really really really wanted the back glass to roll down to provide HVAC in the bed. Doesn't look like it will. :(
3. I wanted the middle seat with fold down arm rest for 6 passengers, dang it. :(
4. I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!! Start making them already !!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it folds down based on the crease, but I'm not an engineer (I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express though)
Sponsored