Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y x 2
Country flag
I'm waiting for someone with measurement app to measure the dimensions of the bed of this one.
Yes. There appears to be wheel well encroachment into the vault most likely to accommodate all-wheel steering. If all-wheel steering is an option, I hope the bump-in vault walls will not be present.
Sponsored

WFrazier

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck preorder
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
I was wondering if it would have the electronics package of the model S. Looks more like the model Y on the inside.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
Fingers crossed that CT comes with the Brembo electric brakes, along with variable ratio by wire four wheel steering.
Along with 1,000V torque vectoring power, 48V controllers this thing will CRUSH the Lightening, and even outshine the Rivian, which I like a lot.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Probably not exactly the right post to ask this, but what’s the latest on the cyber trailer and cyber quad? Do we still expect those will be coming out around the time of the CT production?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Probably not exactly the right post to ask this, but what’s the latest on the cyber trailer and cyber quad? Do we still expect those will be coming out around the time of the CT production?
There was no product information for any model or upcoming model at this event.

We just had display models of them available to look at. And those two items were not there. (The quad was at the Petersen Museum last we saw it.)

-Crissa

DPye_BC

First Name
Durwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier RWD; 2000 Toyota Echo FWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
From the video, looks like a convex rear roof glass. #amiwrong ?
From what I can tell, the rear roof glass is flat, with a curved front edge so the windshield and hood are slightly convex. This may relate to the patent Tesla released with tight radius bends in glass, as well as glass welding.
Of note, the patent also mentions that the entire dashboard could be glass with an integrated display.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Decent chance the weight savings and easier installation will make the sensify brakes a wash in terms of cost.

DPye_BC

First Name
Durwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier RWD; 2000 Toyota Echo FWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
From what I can tell, the rear roof glass is flat, with a curved front edge so the windshield and hood are slightly convex. This may relate to the patent Tesla released with tight radius bends in glass, as well as glass welding.
Of note, the patent also mentions that the entire dashboard could be glass with an integrated display.
From the patent application:
While not illustrated, it may be appreciated that the vehicle 600 may include an interior glass structure. For example, the vehicle 600 may include a glass dash positioned in the front of the vehicle 600 which is formed as described herein. In this example, the glass may optionally be a single layer glass with a film (e.g., polymer film) on top. As another example, a display (e.g., a touch-sensitive electronic display) may be formed from glass as described herein. The display may advantageously be curved or extend across substantially a length of the vehicle 600 due to the enhanced forming techniques described herein.
FIG. 7 illustrates an example of an interior 700 of a vehicle, such as the vehicle 600 described above. The interior 700 includes a glass dash 702 with a feature line 704. As described above, the feature line 704 may have a radius of curvature of between 2 mm and 5 cm. In some embodiments, the feature line 704 may represent an angle of between 45-60 degrees, or 50-75 degrees, and so on.
The glass dash 702 may be formed according to the techniques described above. For example, the glass dash 702 may be formed as described in FIG. 2. Thus, a single layer of glass may be used and locally heated to form the feature line 704. In some embodiments, a film or layer may be positioned below the glass dash 702. For example, the film or layer may be used to present a visual design and/or may be used to ensure the glass does not shatter (e.g., a safety or security film).

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] IMG_20230307_073213

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] IMG_20230307_073416

Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Love the pics, but I have to say once again that god awful wiper blade is going to be a problem if it makes it to final production. It will without a doubt, be a visual obstacle when turning left in confined areas. I would much rather see two blades that can cover most of the window and rest at the bottom of the windshield. Even if it's more traditional for an untraditional vehicle it would give much better vision when turning and provide a much better cosmetic appearance, that current blade is laughable.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I have a hunch that Tesla is working on another truck and keeping it heavily under wraps. I still can’t wrap my head around why they would be sending the other 9000 ton gigapress to Asia. You would think they would want to put it into use asap. Maybe they do plan to start making the CT internationally very soon.

maybe the CT will break the ice with respect to truck design and allow Tesla to come out with a more affordable non stainless version of the truck that still maintained a better aerodynamic shape.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I have a hunch that Tesla is working on another truck and keeping it heavily under wraps. I still can’t wrap my head around why they would be sending the other 9000 ton gigapress to Asia. You would think they would want to put it into use asap. Maybe they do plan to start making the CT internationally very soon.
Maybe the 9K ton gigapress to Asia is to make a van for the Chinese market based on Cybertruck platform.
Sponsored