TrukinCyberB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
First off, thanks so much for the comments. Undoubtedly the most in-depth response I've ever received on any posting ever, with images!! I appreciate the education on image perspective. Ironically, my analysis ultimately was accurate, I assume you think it was just luck and not a good educated guess? So you understand, I started with the 36" light because I assumed it was the same size as the lights on the sides(maybe it still is). Using my 36" calculation it said the over bed size was 61". That result did raise an eyebrow with me. Which is why I thought, maybe the 36" light was too long an estimate. Assuming there isn't multiple length lights here, my assumption was that it had to be over 24" with the side of the CT door views, but less than 36". My 30" light size, makes the distance between the wheel wells in the ballpark of 51" which as you say is in 4'-3" range. So somehow we arrive at the same destination. As a side note to this conversation, it would seem to me that Tesla has made a very large oversight if it's not at least 4'+" between the wheel wells. A few inches to make sheets of plywood, sheetrock, etc fit with the tail gate down would be a big mistake.

Regarding the assumption of 30" light size it may actually be closer to 40.7" according to cyberteuck1 on YouTube. The professional lights are most likely Astera Titan RBG tubes. There are too many unknown variables to make a firm assumption about the bed size here especially on a beta model.

Watch the YouTube video on light to truck bed ratio video attached here.

This truck bed still needs to fit a Tesla ATV and stay competitive against its rivals. This beta may infact though be 5% smaller to test the pros / cons of an all round smaller CT who knows 🤷

On that note has anyone noticed the change in placement of the charging port on the left flank from the stainless section onto the left rear mud guard?
Or have I missed mention of it in this thread?

😁😁

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] Screenshot_20230307_203730_YouTube

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] Screenshot_20230307_203812_YouTube

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Regarding the assumption of 30" light size it may actually be closer to 40.7" according to cyberteuck1 on YouTube. The professional lights are most likely Astera Titan RBG tubes. There are too many unknown variables to make a firm assumption about the bed size here especially on a beta model.

This truck bed still needs to fit a Tesla ATV and stay competitive against its rivals. This beta may infact though be 5% smaller to test the pros / cons of an all round smaller CT who knows 🤷

On that note has anyone noticed the change in placement of the charging port on the left flank from the stainless section onto the left rear mud guard?

😁😁

Screenshot_20230307_203730_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230307_203812_YouTube.jpg
I hadn’t thought about this before, but that’s pretty far forward of typical Tesla charge ports. Might have issues at some charging station with the cable reaching.

Assuming you can squeeze between cars at the charging station anyhow.

TrukinCyberB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I hadn’t thought about this before, but that’s pretty far forward of typical Tesla charge ports. Might have issues at some charging station with the cable reaching.

Assuming you can squeeze between cars at the charging station anyhow.
Yea I just noticed the omission a few days ago just hadn't got around to posting something about it... That the Charge port in the stainless had disappeared and seems to be on the mud guard on this beta.

Once again it's a beta version so no idea if it was just to test out a different spot or if they are just checking out how it fits with the side drive mega chargers and newer cable extension thingys just released on the v4 charge stations.

Who knows maybe the v2 and v3 station cables still reach that location maybe not #betalife
😂

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yea I just noticed the omission a few days ago just hadn't got around to posting something about it... That the Charge port in the stainless had disappeared and seems to be on the mud guard on this beta.

Once again it's a beta version so no idea if it was just to test out a different spot or if they are just checking out how it fits with the side drive mega chargers and newer cable extension thingys just released on the v4 charge stations.

Who knows maybe the v2 and v3 station cables still reach that location maybe not #betalife
😂
They moved the charge port in the previous prototypes so this change has been around for a little while and is likely sticking around.

The v4 chargers actually do have a longer charge cable.

Cybertrucks are likely going to be a little frustrating at normal Superchargers. We might end blocking multiple stalls the with the F150 and Rivian owners do.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I think Power and compressed air(likely rear only) will be behind both rear and front fold down number plates.

Here is a rear shot :
1677808926261.png

btw, listen to the Tonneau cover CLICK as it shuts. Beaudiful !!!!

Notice the angle of that rear bumper? ;)

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Miralf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 900 turbo convertible and Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag

😁😁

Screenshot_20230307_203730_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230307_203812_YouTube.jpg
Yeah i was asking if that’s really on the mud guard, but on the right side we cannot see such a cut on the arch so maybe it is. But i wonder how it’s open and how was the stuff under it because it’s a vertical location instead of being horizontal like on all others tesla vehicules 🧐

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
NFI lol

I think that rear bumper is just a mock up covering the real bumper.
It’s sloped for the tail gate to angle down to be a ramp, looks like

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X
Country flag
1. I don't want an instrument cluster. If you do, there will be aftermarket for you to buy, I'm sure.
2. I really really really wanted the back glass to roll down to provide HVAC in the bed. Doesn't look like it will. :(
3. I wanted the middle seat with fold down arm rest for 6 passengers, dang it. :(
4. I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!! Start making them already !!!!!!!!!!!!
aftermarket instrument cluster? how the heck would that work? i have a model x now and dont want to downgrade. it's nice having more screens.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
aftermarket instrument cluster? how the heck would that work?
Plugs into the bus and takes all the data it needs from there. You can mount it using a variety of mounts. Same with the add-on HUDs for the 3/Y. There's a bus interface under the center console, you buy a Tesla to OBD2 interface, and use any OBD aftermarket car display, or even just a Fire tablet.
Sponsored