Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Did anyone there get an idea of the size of the Vault, bed?

Did the tailgate ever get lowered to see the inside?

Is this geared as a work truck or more of a super truck?

Any talk of a power supply like what Ford has done with the Lightning?

Rick
Hi Rick, unlike every other vehicle on display today (Semi, S, 3, X, Y) that you could fully climb in and inspect, the Cyber truck was 20ft. away and a no go. Although no barricades, ropes, etc., security was not allowing people to get close and people behaved, so nothing from today that I saw would help answer your questions. I want to really understand the bed/vault/storage dynamics myself. Doors were never opened, nor was the tailgate lowered. Elon did mention that there are all sorts of attachment points for securing accessories, gear, loads, etc. I'm planning to use it as a work truck and road trip, camping, adventure vehicle. I guess we'll find out at the reveal.
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Did you expect otherwise?

Shareholders Meeting talked about Shareholder business. Cybertruck call is September
I did not expect anything more than nothing. But the existence of this thread suggests many others did.

I will say the truck looks really refined and production ready (at least on the outside) now.

That makes me happy.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Someone found the only dirty spot on the truck (ironically it was Dirty Tesla).
Funny, I found the truck to be pretty unkempt for being on display at such an event

tire blackener slopped onto the hubcaps, chipped paint, scraped bumpers, and … the distinct signs of having had some abrasive and staining material (like mud) having been previously “cleaned” off of the stainless in an ill-advised manner

all seen more easily on a big monitor, and with the glare/white balance adjusted

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck content & summary from Cyber Roundup 2023 (+ Annual Shareholder Meeting Live Stream) 🍿 DFB1FD3F-73DF-4D9A-8D13-5843E513B67E

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck content & summary from Cyber Roundup 2023 (+ Annual Shareholder Meeting Live Stream) 🍿 3371664F-2C38-49D8-A613-1CD05D64531C

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck content & summary from Cyber Roundup 2023 (+ Annual Shareholder Meeting Live Stream) 🍿 C8432E91-DBFD-4EB6-AE72-2F2B2AF5CA84

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck content & summary from Cyber Roundup 2023 (+ Annual Shareholder Meeting Live Stream) 🍿 1B25C807-2D21-4120-B566-9A0941E8C30E

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck content & summary from Cyber Roundup 2023 (+ Annual Shareholder Meeting Live Stream) 🍿 DDE12569-919A-4D94-88C8-2AC776749681

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck content & summary from Cyber Roundup 2023 (+ Annual Shareholder Meeting Live Stream) 🍿 54DD6949-6E49-43EB-B409-8858BE415455
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck content & summary from Cyber Roundup 2023 (+ Annual Shareholder Meeting Live Stream) 🍿 1C2906F6-822A-4A41-87F2-B735E5360FE8

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think the high cost will mainly be the features promised. It's all expensive features on any vehicle:

- 17" touch screen

Regardless how much you " save on paint " all these features are top tier, that all cost a lot of money to build. No vehicle is under 80k with even half of these features.

I can guarantee you the stainless steel cost more than painting a car.
Think you meant to say 18.5" touch screen...

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I did not expect anything more than nothing. But the existence of this thread suggests many others did.
I expected only some glances toward the topic of CyberTruck, but some good, broader intel on the business. It delivered that, plus some - insofar as the Q&A session really went off script and unearthed some unexpectedly juicy tidbits

I don’t know how or why anyone expected there would be even as much as we got

thinking this shareholder meeting would double as even a minimalist product launch was so misguided it would be unreasonable for folks to feel disappointed

Perhaps the shareholder meeting’s title “cyber roundup” was misleading to the uninitiated

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Shareholder meeting live stream:

Cybertruck info from shareholder meeting (summary by @cvalue13):

Musk bits:
  • Cybertruck to have ~85% 48v architecture
  • "we need everyone to make millions of EVs"
  • "protoyping is easy, manufacturing is hard, and manufacturing at scale is excruciating"
  • "interest rates have a very big effect on the affordability of cars, the vast majority of people make decisions on the monthly payment"

Cybertruck delivery event later this year:

• "cybertruck is a hard car to make"
  • "had to create all new manufacturing in order to build an exoskeleton based care instead of an endoskeleton based car"
  • "sorry for the delay but we're going to begin delivering cybertrucks later this year"
  • "cybertruck is the car i will be driving on a day-to-day basis"

VIDEOS

Video from Cyber Roundup 2023 courtesy of @greggertruck

Hitch view

PHOTOS

fwrgj8gwaburtcn-jpeg.jpg

fwrgknmwaaidxww-jpeg.jpg

fwrgkzqxsaaclah-jpeg.jpg

fwrgkjfwabc9vz6-jpeg.jpg

Some closeups:

fwrukhdxwamxmhn-jpeg.jpg

fwrukptxoaej0xw-jpeg.jpg

fwrukxlwyc0czoe-jpeg.jpg

fwrulbzwiaeyowx-jpeg.jpg

1684270652688-png.png

1684270770672-png.png

fwr0hlcaiaaugm2-jpeg.jpg
Good thing we got Optimus Prime's good side.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That alpha proto does not have the second 2/3 removed (diaper), they punched two holes through it. However on the beta it does appear they've added snap fits/fasteners to make the diaper removable:
you’re misunderstanding what I’m describing

and separately, you seem to be talking about something different - removing the whole diaper

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Question session:

Directly CT Relevant:

• Q: will Tesla do an RV first or Cyber-camper? "we dont have any plans to build an RV quite yet, but I can certainly see how CT could be used as an RV essentially"

• Q: once CT is fully ramped in Austin what is the target production "we'll start production and handing over cars later this year, there will be an S-curve of production, and I guess we'll see what the demand is, we're likely to do a quarter million a year, maybe more, very much dependent on what the demand is like. We don't just need to ramp up production but improve production cost efficiency which is a very hard thing. We'll make as much as people want, but like I said it's going to be hard to make the cost affordable. In the grand scheme of things it will be small, but still very cool"

Was really hoping someone would ask about the mudding :ROFLMAO:

Other:
  • Q: would you ever consider stretching term of auto loans out to 10 years "the important thing to appreciate is that the vast majority of the financing is from banks, so it's kind of like whatever the banks are prepared to do"

• Q: why not advertise all these things you've discussed here? "i talk to a lot of people who think the Tesla is expensive, and actually its below the average auto price in the US; and it's ironic as Twitter is highly dependent on advertising ... I guess I should say 'advertising is awesome and everyone should do it.' So I think what you're saying does have some merit, and you know what, we'll try a little advertising and see how it goes. OK?"

• Q: you recently added stream to the car ... is this making available aps for the cars? "I think the notion of having entertainment aps become extremely important as the cars achieve self-driving; at the point at which it's full self-driving... I think that is something that might make sense in the future, but overwhelmingly the focus is on achieving full self-driving and making it safter than human driving."

• Q: as you transition to FSD 2.0 what are the potential stumbling blocks after that? "when you really think about FSD as a march of 9s of reliability, we need to get to the point where the probability of injury is lower than that of an average human driver, so even when it gets there is still a lot of work to do... that morally has to be our primary goal"

• Q: lithium experts all agree mines aren't coming on fast enough to meet supply... what's Tesla's plan to get more supply at the mine level? "I actually think the industry analysis is incorrect, and the constraint is fundamentally that of processing... my opinion is that it's not about the lithium, but taking the ore and refining to battery grade is extremely difficult because you need ultra-pure lithium and that's why our focus is on refining as opposed to mining"

• Q: are there any updates on the next-gen roadster? "fair and reasonable question - where is that thing? So, we expect to complete the engineering and design this year, and hopefully start production next year, but it is the cherry on the icing on the cake so I wouldn't expect it to be a huge contribution to revenue, but it'll be siiiiiiick ... it'll have the SpaceX option package"

• Q: we all want Tesla insurance (in Florida) "Zack says it's coming later this year."

• Q: is CyberGus real or imagined? "Who?"

• Q: automotive including SaS (software as a service) and energy peak margin, what number, and by when "At the point at which you have a truly autonomous vehicle, the utility is roughly 5X what it is today, but the car costs the same ... we're in highly speculative territory but if you have a car that costs the same but has a 20-25% margin then you might have 80% margins and the revenue would increase several fold, probably the biggest asset value step-change in the history of earth, while I'd expect energy to remain at 20-25% margin"

• Q: when we're thinking about 4680 cells should we be thinking about efficiency today or could we see something to look to in the future "it's important to express the difficulty to go producing the most efficient battery on earth is not a trivial exercise, that said we see a path to higher energy density and lower cost than any other cell out there"

• Q: and also will you stay on as CEO "so, I think Tesla is going to play an important role in AI and AGI and I think I need to oversee that to make sure it's good because that's a thorny problem if there ever was one"

• Q: does Optimus have a ticket to Mars "Optimus isn't a deep thinker yet."

• Q: for the navigation, do you think you could add in a picture of the exit like other systems do "there are definitely things we can improve there, but really down the road navigation visuals are not going to matter that much because the cars will do it for you"

• Q: aptera, do you think that's a space Tesla could get into "I'm not super familiar with them. it's never a shortage of ideas, it's the execution that's extremely difficult. product ideas are irrelevant."

• Q: as a Model X plaid owner, can we get track mode "yeah we can add that, sure, no problem"

• Q: earlier you cut prices, more recently you raised, can you talk about strategy of pricing going forward "it's pretty straightforward, we see what the demand is and we adjust pricing to meet demand; the reality is at car dealers prices are changing radically and the manufacturers then offer incentives, whereas with Tesla it's obvious; this is necessary because something has to be done to achieve a supply-demand clearing point for buying, Tesla is no exception, that's the reality"

• Q: given how incredible FSD is, would it be possible to have some sort of public facing timeline "I can't say enough about the profundity of FSD, it will be one of the biggest changes in human history, it's not merely a feature - it will be as profound as electrification. The thing that's been really difficult with FSD, is that it's very often seems like it's about to happen until you realize you're at a local maximum and you need to rearchitect to get higher. So it's not a straight line, it's actually logarithmic. I think we're finally at a high enough local maximum this year where it will be I think, probably, safer than an average human. But I guess we'll see."
Very stupid q-s! what a wasted opportunity!
why nobody asked about target pricing for CT?
who cares about RV or camper if you cannot afford to buy CT?!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Very stupid q-s! what a wasted opportunity!
why nobody asked about target pricing for CT?
who cares about RV or camper if you cannot afford to buy CT?!
Tesla never gives pricing or specs or dates (outside of quarter) at Investor meetings.

-Crissa
Sponsored