Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
plus the original post Elon replied to.
The Elon tweet you’re referring to isn’t a reply to this guy, it was an Elon tweet that was copied in by this guy

That said, since that image was released it seemed pretty obvious those were most likely speaker boxes with ports, given the pairing, placement, size, and apparent ‘round’ disk on the face.

on the other hand, the image is on overlay of the old prototype CT, so who knows if the details persist in even the pre-production model

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
So, Tesla could use one bigger sub-woofer or two smaller ones to achieve the same thing.

Good point. I was going to post similar about sub frequencies and that I only have/need on sub in the home theatre system.

Then I remembered it's actually TWO (Velodyne 10/12) in one cabinet, one facing down (to rumble the floor) and the other facing forward.....

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
It isn't clear anywhere in the referenced tweets that there are two subwoofers. He was quoting a tweet from Elon dated December 2022. I don't have a strong technical background in the area but given the nature of bass frequencies and the sonic range that sub-woofers play in why would there be a need to have 2 woofers - I've never seen a vehicle with a high-end sound system have more than 1. Additionally, unlike mid-speakers and tweeters, the sub doesn't necessarily have to point directly at the listeners to be effective.
I've spent a lot of time on my home theater design (forums, etc).

Indeed it can be complicated putting multiple subs at separate locations. The sound waves can cancel each other out if the listener is in the [wrong] location.
[Now we know why they took out that middle front row seat!! /s]

Additionally, unlike mid-speakers and tweeters, the sub doesn't necessarily have to point directly at the listeners to be effective.
I think that is because your ears are average approximately 6 to 7 inches (about 15 to 18 centimeters) apart so it is hard to pick up the sound with the wavelengths in the bass Hz range.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck has dual 8" subwoofers! 🔊 🔊 yB9tS28

Last edited:

Nobody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Nissan Frontier
Country flag
I imagine the steel exoskeleton will provide excellent sound insulation for Cybertruck. For the stereo and road noise.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
can definitely tell between a model 3 and a model s sound system. this should kick it up a notch..

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Looks like Cybertruck will have a killer sound system. Dual subwoofers! Nice!

Elon replies: "You can play Cyberpunk, Elden Ring and 1000s of other games in your *car* with an epic sound system!!"

1685568111902.png
1685568132745.png

1685568064899.png
I don’t consider MDR a reliable source, but Elon isn’t refuting the claim so maybe it is true?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I don’t consider MDR a reliable source, but Elon isn’t refuting the claim so maybe it is true?
Elon isn’t responding to MDR’s tweet

MDR has merely embedded a prior and only tangentially related tweet from Elon dating back to 2022

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The Elon tweet you’re referring to isn’t a reply to this guy, it was an Elon tweet that was copied in by this guy

That said, since that image was released it seemed pretty obvious those were most likely speaker boxes with ports, given the pairing, placement, size, and apparent ‘round’ disk on the face.

on the other hand, the image is on overlay of the old prototype CT, so who knows if the details persist in even the pre-production model
What you are saying coincides with the idea that MDR is a self-promoting liar but not necessarily that the claim is false. Yes?

OP
OP

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
It isn't clear anywhere in the referenced tweets that there are two subwoofers. He was quoting a tweet from Elon dated December 2022. I don't have a strong technical background in the area but given the nature of bass frequencies and the sonic range that sub-woofers play in why would there be a need to have 2 woofers - I've never seen a vehicle with a high-end sound system have more than 1. Additionally, unlike mid-speakers and tweeters, the sub doesn't necessarily have to point directly at the listeners to be effective.
The cabin has more volume thus more work for the subwoofers. Having 2 subwoofers allows for more clarity + DSP capabilities applications such as noise reduction -- I believe subwoofers are an excellent match for the road/ tire frequency domain. Exciting stuff, IMHO!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
What you are saying coincides with the idea that MDR is a self-promoting liar but not necessarily that the claim is false. Yes?
neither, really

wouldn’t say MDR was lying, he just has to stretch real hard to make his “stories” seem substantive

as for the speakers, I’ve thought they were obviously there, at least in that schematic.

but that schematic also is overlaying the old style CT prototype (notice door handles, fat fender flares, etc.) - so I don’t take the schematic to be necessarily indicative of anything certain about the release version

on that little, MDR declares “CT will have 8” woofers!”

right in line with his “big” breaking news that - brace yourself- a company selling a truck will have people who think about truck accessories to sell
Sponsored