Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I figured if they cut the orders by 50%, start building early 4th quarter, I could get mine on my 75 birthday in 2022! Damn! All these number, predictions and new photos are making me crazyo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
If that’s the case then I hope the FSD works because I won’t be fit enough to actually drive it.?
Sponsored

Thoriceland

First Name
Thor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
I predict that these "orders" will go up when people will start driving the stainless steel tank. There will bee more positive specks talking, then negative, from truck testing groups.

sk1d00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Holden VY SS Ute 2004, Volvo XC60 2009
Country flag
Brit reservation holder here (& will most definitely be completing the purchase!). I'm not sure the traditional reasons for buying the CT apply here. I live in London which shouldn't be its traditional habitat, but the CT is so damn funky (& completely guilt-free), I wouldn't be surprised if the UK/EU market for it will be pretty strong, despite its size! The only problem may be the NCAP crash tests (particularly the pedestrian safety element) which are traditionally most stringent than in the US.
London, UK DM Cybertruck pre-orderer here. Glad to see another Londoner ordering (2 guys on my street have pre-ordered also, we're talking a Victorian Terraced street) but we're going to hate those 6'6" width restrictions, hopefully the Tesla sat Nav will incorporate these.

justinpratt

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri, Jeep Rubi 392, Tesla Y Performance, BMW M3
Country flag
Impressive numbers but remember that reserving one simply takes a C-note. If the deposits were $2500 it would reflect serious buyers waiting in the wings. I predict around 50% of reservation holders will go their Tesla account and click on the refund button instead of following through with a purchase.
I wish they would offer various levels of deposits to weed out the tire kickers.
$10k deposit to get to the front of the line
$5k for the next run
$2500 for the third run and so on...

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
I wish they would offer various levels of deposits to weed out the tire kickers.
$5k for the next run

This would be awesome. I would be down $10k. I wish the bigger deposits would be now so we can get rid of the people who preordered 5+ CTs for BS reasons.

CyberTrout406

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Quality Assurance
Country flag
$5k for the next run
Part of me really likes this idea and the other part of me would throw a tantrum since I'm definitely not in a position to drop $10k on a good spot in line.

Then again waiting longer lets them work out any kinks and lets me save up for a bigger down payment too, so maybe that wouldn't be all that bad either.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
I'm thinking that the deposit requirement will indeed increase eventually. Not now, not soon, but probably just before they start seriously BUILDING Cybertrucks.
It will quickly clear out the hopefuls and wannabes that still can't swing it, plus give Tesla a much clearer picture of exactly how many of each version should actually be manufactured so they can prioritize which model/s are to be built first, etc.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I predict that many of those early in line who change their mind will still take delivery. They'll just turn it over at a good profit to someone who doesn't want to wait a year at the end of the line.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
I predict that many of those early in line who change their mind will still take delivery. They'll just turn it over at a good profit to someone who doesn't want to wait a year at the end of the line.
I can see this, but I can't imagine many scalpers out there with $70+k. I could be wrong

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Don't forget the great white north - 4x the population of Switzerland, and more wilderness than any other country in the world except Russia - we'll be ordering some of those CT for sure.

I think most here would want the dual for all wheel drive in snow and icey winter weather. A big factor will be what happens on battery day. We lose range due to cold weather in winter and also important; we don't want the locks to freeze closed - including the vault cover -
I chose the Trimotor for the range and AWD in winter...... eh.

Fvansan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma and pre-ordered a cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Retired Psychiatric Social Worker
Country flag
I like having to wait a few years before they build mine. In that time, problems would have been identified and resolved. Plus, full autonomous driving will be a reality by then too.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Not a bad idea. We were at our local mall with a Tesla store and decided to do test drive a Performance Model Y that stickers for around $60k. When were were finished I walked around the vehicle to check on the Infamous Tesla fit and finish that new owners bitch about. The passenger door paint right below the window had a HUGE 6" long paint run that was never caught at the factory. It was so obvious that I don't know how it was missed before it left Fremont.

I feel Tesla needs to bring in some new leadership to address poor QC at the factory ASAP.
Sponsored