William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, M3P, MY, MS Plaid, i7, CT day 1 FS ordered
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
They aren't going to be delivering the Cybertrucks based on reservation numbers, just the cities they value the most and the closest to Texas.
Value the most... definitely not CA if this is true. Truck country baby!! I would assume resv number would play a role some how. Imagine some asshat that preorders today getting it before those that preordered on launch day. That would be some bitchbslap to the face. Similar to Tesla increasing the range on M3 SR to be equal to MR and reducing the cost.................. Guess I won't put it past them.
Sponsored

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You do realize the "place in line" based on the spreadsheet is pure speculation....there will be tons of factors that go into when you will actually get a vehicle that no one (maybe not even Tesla yet) knows.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They aren't going to be delivering the Cybertrucks based on reservation numbers, just the cities they value the most and the closest to Texas.
If you live in California or Texas, there are certainly enough reservations that you'll have to wait your turn by reservation number.

-Crissa

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
If you live in California or Texas, there are certainly enough reservations that you'll have to wait your turn by reservation number.

-Crissa
They should concentrate in heartland America first. Tesla already has a foot print in the big cities, show the country this beautiful work horse.

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
Concentrate?

How? Fill pre-orders radiating out from Austin?

-Crissa
[/QUOTE

Sure. Either way buyer is paying for delivery so how would it impact tesla negatively?

lqdchkn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
There is always another way...

Assuming there is a person willing to give up a position, (maybe they just got wowed by the fake Hummer reveal), one could potentially do this:

1. Find someone willing to part with their position.
  2. Instead of reselling the CT, have them change the contact info on their Tesla account. They probably won’t do this if they have more than one order in the same account.
  3. They then “give” you the credentials to their account.
  4. You then change the credentials on the account to something private for yourself.
  5. When Tesla contacts “them” to finalize the deal, it’s you being contacted so you finalize with your info and delivery location.

Now this assumes that Tesla is not reading this and doing checks for name changes etc. But people have valid name changes for a variety of reasons so I doubt they are checking for this.

If that is too risky, there is another way.

1. You make a new LLC (or if you already have one use that).
  2. The person taking possession of the vehicle takes possession as a business and uses the details of your LLC.
  3. At this point your business owns the vehicle so you can sell the LLC to anyone you want and the vehicle is automagically transferred also.
But hey, I’m not a lawyer and non of the above is legal or financial advice.

If you go through with this, I am not responsible for anything good or bad that comes from it. Including acts of god, karmic recompense, or jealous mobs.
Read the fine print in the reservation. Reservations are non-transferable, non-sellable, etc. The only the original reservation maker will be allowed to take ownership. It will have to be a full purchase/registration and then resale. Tesla caught on when Model 3 reservations were being sold and they tightened up the terms.

Everyone should read it ;)

I'll add for the OP that just because your order number is 4xx,xxx doesnt mean they will build in order. All orders get sequenced, building typically will go Tri/dual/single motor. So depending on the number of actually tri-motor orders you may only be 50,xxx out

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Read the fine print in the reservation. Reservations are non-transferable, non-sellable, etc. The only the original reservation maker will be allowed to take ownership. It will have to be a full purchase/registration and then resale. Tesla caught on when Model 3 reservations were being sold and they tightened up the terms.

I'll add for the OP that just because your order number is 4xx,xxx doesnt mean they will build in order. All orders get sequenced, building typically will go Tri/dual/single motor. So depending on the number of actually tri-motor orders you may only be 50,xxx out
My Tri reservation is around 146 000, so yes removing 17% for the single motor and another 40% ( approx ) for the Dual,

My Tri reservation is around 146k in sequence, so removing the Single and Dual orders I should be around 63k.

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marine
Country flag

I'm sure its not supported, but if you go into your tesla.com account the name can be anyones

OP
OP

TimetoEscape

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
yeah, it sure SEEMS like on a fresh account with only a CT preorder it would be straightforward to change all the contact information to a purchaser of the reservation slot. I just checked - name/email/address/phone all can be updated directly on the profile. Only if Tesla went back to the $100 preorder fee and checked the name on that card ... that doesn't seem likely.

lqdchkn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I'm sure its not supported, but if you go into your tesla.com account the name can be anyones
They have your contact info from your deposit. Pretty sure if they want to be stickers and look into it they could find out if there was a switch

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
I will probably get plenty of offers to buy my tri-motor after I smoke every Corvette, Porsche, Mustang, Camaro, BMW, Lamborghini, Hellcat... from every traffic light.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
I will probably get plenty of offers to buy my tri-motor after I smoke every Corvette, Porsche, Mustang, Camaro, BMW, Lamborghini, Hellcat... from every traffic light.
All while hauling a bed full of Boring Company cinder blocks! ?

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
They have your contact info from your deposit. Pretty sure if they want to be stickers and look into it they could find out if there was a switch
Right, that's why it's better just to switch entire identities. That way no one will be the wiser. A little plastic surgery here and there and bam, Bob's your second cousin. New house, new wife, kids, job, cars, plus.........plus........you can exchange Cybertruck reservations...........sweet deal all around..........
Sponsored

Last edited: