EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
The documents lodged with the local "council" stated production to start 1 May 2021.
I think this is in one of the threads here?
My guess is that'll be for Model Y first, insane demand and validated profit margin. CT will be next, hopefully ahead of Tesla Semi...

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
My guess is that'll be for Model Y first, insane demand and validated profit margin. CT will be next, hopefully ahead of Tesla Semi...
Not a guess, you are dead on. Its been explicitly said Model Y general assembly will be first from Texas factory. Cybertruck to follow. It seems like we will start seeing production EOY 2021 with first CT deliveries in late 2021/early2022. Probably a nice flow of model Y's and 4680's by EOY 2021.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not a guess, you are dead on. Its been explicitly said Model Y general assembly will be first from Texas factory. Cybertruck to follow. It seems like we will start seeing production EOY 2021 with first CT deliveries in late 2021/early2022. Probably a nice flow of model Y's and 4680's by EOY 2021.
A flow of 4680's sounds nice, but a flood would be much better!

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
That works for me. It took Bolt owners a while to see what they got themselves into. If those 4680s are going to be a permanent part of CT, I would want to see a ton of Model Ys rolling around with them first. I want my CT as soon as possible but not too eager to be the first one to blow up ;)

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
That works for me. It took Bolt owners a while to see what they got themselves into. If those 4680s are going to be a permanent part of CT, I would want to see a ton of Model Ys rolling around with them first. I want my CT as soon as possible but not too eager to be the first one to blow up ;)

For reference, the 4680s will be inside a battery pack, and albeit that battery pack will be a structural part of the CT, the pack will be removable from the CT.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
For reference, the 4680s will be inside a battery pack, and albeit that battery pack will be a structural part of the CT, the pack will be removable from the CT.
I had no idea. That puts my mind at ease a bit.

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
the "or so" typically acounts for double the preceding time span in the statement. expect to wait another couple months for that update...

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Fewer Bolts caught fire than many (most?) other non-recalled ICE car models.

-Crissa
Yup

Here are just a few thousands just from a few years of Hyundai & Kia

----------------------------

Model years 2012-2015 there were more than 3,100 car fires of ICE cars by Hyundai & Kia

Car recall: Kia recalling nearly 295,000 vehicles due to engine fire
risk, including select Sorento, Soul SUVs
Associated Press
2020 Dec 5
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...soul-recall-2020-engine-fire-risk/3838833001/

Engine failure and fire problems with Hyundais and Kias have plagued
the companies for more than five years.

Hyundai, Kia fined $137 million for delaying U.S. engine failure recalls
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/27/hyu...-for-delaying-us-engine-failure-recalls-.html

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
If there's no update on Cybertruck in a week or so, this will be my first Christmas when I did not have Cybertruck news in the past month or so. It'll set me in a sad mood for this Christmas...
Sponsored