Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
How many of the new features mentioned in the following article in the new model S does everyone think will end up in the Cybertruck?!

https://electrek.co/2021/01/27/tesla-unveils-new-model-s-x-interior-crazy-steering-wheel/

Tesla Cybertruck Model S features to Cybertruck? New-Tesla-Model-S-interior-hero

Tesla has unveiled for the first time the highly anticipated new Model S refresh with an “entirely new interior” with crazy steering wheel, new powertrain and more.
It also comes with new prices and trims

New Tesla Model S Interior
We have been reporting on an upcoming Model S interior refresh for years now and it finally came.
Tesla hasn’t been giving a lot of love to its Model S and Model X programs design-wise and while they have been often getting incremental performance upgrades, the vehicles have become stale and it showed in the sales.
Now Tesla has finally unveiled the new Model S and the number one change is a brand new interior:
Tesla Cybertruck Model S features to Cybertruck? Tesla-Model-S-interior

It comes with several expected changes like a horizontal center display and they retain an instrument cluster – though they made smaller as we reported back in 2018.
While the instrument cluster is smaller, you are going to have a good view of it thanks to the new a butterfly steering wheel.
Tesla calls it a “yoke” steering:
“The ultimate focus on driving: no stalks, no shifting. With a stalkless steering yoke, you can enjoy both the best car to drive, and the best car to be driven in.”
Here’s a closer look at the new Model S steering wheel:
Tesla Cybertruck Model S features to Cybertruck? S_Yoke_Steerin

That’s similar to the steering wheel that Tesla unveiled on the new Roadster back in 2017.
But that’s not it, Tesla also added a third display at the rear of the Model S for passengers.
Tesla writes about the displays inside the new Model S:
“With 2200×1300 resolution, ultra-bright colors with exceptional responsiveness and left-right tilt, the new center display is an ideal touchscreen for entertainment and gaming anywhere. A second display in front of the driver shows critical driving information, and a third display provides entertainment and controls for rear passengers.”
Here are a few pictures of the new interior with the new displays:
Tesla Cybertruck Model S features to Cybertruck? S_Three_Displays

Tesla Cybertruck Model S features to Cybertruck? S_Game_from_Anywhere

Tesla also introduced a new glass roof to the Model S and a picture of it gives us a great look at the entire interior including the new backseat with a center console:
Tesla Cybertruck Model S features to Cybertruck? S_Glass_Roof

Here are all the features in the updated Tesla Model S interior
Audio and Media
  • Premium 22-speaker audio with active noise cancelling
  • Multi-device music and media over BluetoothÂź
  • 17” center display, 12.3” driver’s display, and 8” second row display
  • Gaming computer with 10 teraflops of processing power
  • Wireless controller compatibility
Comfort
  • Heated seats for every passenger, heated steering and heated windshield
  • Ventilated front seating
  • Tri-zone Airwave cabin conditioning
  • HEPA air filtration system
  • Custom driver profiles with automatic easy-entry and exit
  • Ambient lighting
  • Tinted glass roof
  • Ultraviolet and infrared protection on all glass
Convenience
  • Front center console with sliding cup holders and storage
  • Second row stowable center armrest with integrated storage and wireless charging
  • Automatic opening and closing rear liftgate
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • 28 ftÂł of cargo space and secure front trunk
  • Wireless and USB-C fast charging for every passenger
  • Location-aware automatic garage door opener
  • Phone Key
Premium Connectivity, 1 year complimentary
  • Live traffic visualization
  • Satellite-View Maps
  • Video Streaming with access to Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Twitch, and more
  • Caraoke
  • Music Streaming
  • Internet Browser
    *New features that become available after delivery may be subject to additional charges.
New Tesla Model S Performance, Trims and Pricing
While the interior update is the most significant at first glance, Tesla has also updated the Model S under the hood and changed its configurations.
Model S now starts at $80,000 before incentives and Tesla got rid of the ‘Performance’ version to replace it by ‘Plaid’ and ‘Plaid+’:
Tesla Cybertruck Model S features to Cybertruck? Screen-Shot-2021-01-27-at-4.50.07-PM

As you can see, the exterior design was also updated with a chrome delete and a different front-end.
The Model S Long Range now gets 412 miles of range, which goes down to 390 miles if you go with the higher performance ‘Plaid’ version.
As for the ‘Plaid+’, Tesla is expecting over 520 miles out of the vehicle, as the automaker previously announced.
Here are the different specs for the different trims of the new Model S:
Tesla Cybertruck Model S features to Cybertruck? Screen-Shot-2021-01-27-at-4.49.55-PM

Tesla confirmed that they “fully redesigned” the battery modules and pack of the Model S and Model X for the update.
We previously reported on Tesla’s secret ‘Palladium’ project, which involved new production lines for battery packs and bodies for the Model S and Model X.
Tesla also built new drivetrains using technology used in Model 3 and Model Y motors as well as the heat pump first introduced in Model Y and more recently in Model 3.
It should make the Model S and Model X more efficient.
Tesla confirmed that production of the new Model S will start “in Q1” without confirming an exact timeline for deliveries.
This article is still being updated. Please refresh for the latest information.

FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links.
More.

Tesla Cybertruck Model S features to Cybertruck? Screen-Shot-2021-01-27-at-4.49.55-PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Link to the article, please? ^-^

I hope the Cybertruck comes with a small instrument cluser screen, but I expect it'll have the mid-level trim of the 3/Y.

-Crissa
me too

KendrickMB

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Trax, 2012 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I'd like to see the Cybertruck get all the new features except the yoke. Please offer a standard wheel.

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Link to the article, please? ^-^

I hope the Cybertruck comes with a small instrument cluser screen, but I expect it'll have the mid-level trim of the 3/Y.

-Crissa
Link added to top of article

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
In of the features I miss most from my pickup was the ventilated seats so I think it would be great to have that. Heated steering wheel and seats would be nice too. And personally, I really like the steering wheel and hope that's the one they go with!

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Elon already said the vented seats will be in the CT. I think we'll see most of this move to the CT; truck buyers in the US are very demanding. The steering wheel and horizontal 17" screen and UI were already previewed in the CT prototype. My biggest doubt would be the driver screen; I think there's a good chance for the rear screen.

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
The computers in these vehicles are amazing and rarely "freeze up". And even on my 8yr old tesla, when it does, it's a quick reboot to solve the issue. Not only can the vehicle sense what you are trying to do by contextually looking at it's surroundings, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they used the in cabin camera to determine as well. Staring at the rear mirrors in some way probably signals you want to go backwards from a stop, right? I think this is just a behavioral shift that everyone will get used to.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Isn't this an early step in automated driving? I only put a car into reverse to back out of my driveway, a parking spot, basically it's pretty obvious when I want to back-up, the rest of the time I want to go forward. Should be pretty basic for an intelligent vehicle with camera's. If the vehicle can't figure out which direction you want to go, how do you expect a car to be capable of FSD? Offroad rock crawling may be difficult, but there are manual over rides.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
How would you feel after you park on a cliff edge (maybe with other things on your mind), looking out over the ocean..then when wanting to leave "IT" decided there was NOTHING in front so would ONLY go forward?!!!!!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
How would you feel after you park on a cliff edge (maybe with other things on your mind), looking out over the ocean..then when wanting to leave "IT" decided there was NOTHING in front so would ONLY go forward?!!!!!
I would be happy for my family, because they would get a HUGE cash settlement! :):p?

Actually that's what I'm referring to. Don't you think that choosing to go forward or back-up, is baby steps in Automation? Wouldn't the vehicle see it couldn't go forward? Also, I would think as the vehicle shifted into reverse, it would also bring up the reverse camera on the screen.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
My hope is that CT will have at a minimum all of the new features in the S and X. I love the yoke steering and multiple screens (dedicated driver's and second row). It would be amazing if there ends up being a Plaid+ version too.

This is a Sports Luxury Truck for me.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, that would be bad. Though... The entire drivetrain is computer controlled. Which you might as well ask, what if it doesn't decide to go in the direction I wanted? Well, that can happen now.

-Crissa
Sponsored