Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Never said I was Elon, Crissa, and in fact, I said before I would not accept his paycheck specifically because I do not have his talents. I also never said they gave me a quote. I called for a quote. You read my post carelessly. I sought to have a Powerwall (actually two) installed for backup for a solar system and they told me that I would have to seek out an electrician willing to go to Tesla for training for installation. That's what I said. I was not going to go knocking on doors or even let my fingers do the walking in the Yellow Pages to find electricians willing to travel to Tesla for training. It is Tesla's job to recruit technicians, not mine. That's what I said. You put words in my mouth that I didn't say. Seems your reading skills are just as poor as you say my math skills are. For your pleasure, I also posted what Elon said about the lack of cost effectiveness of the solar option for the CT given it's optimum 15 mile per day "boost" for the vast majority of CT owners; that it would be only a few CT owners who would still want it. I recognized that and said if it was right for you to "knock yourself out". That covers the "few". Elon went on to say that most CT owners would even be BETTER OFF to continue to use their carry along units that they are using now, rather than an integrated factory CT solar option. I don't know how much clearer it can be. If the solar panels work for you or others, by all means, buy them if Elon makes them factory available but it sounded like a dubious possibility at best. Or buy your own "haul with you and deploy as desired" system like Elon said would be better than any factory option. My thoughts after reading Elon's thoughts are that the solar option has such limited utility and not at a cost effective price that it simply won't be offered in a turnkey modality. Perhaps a "do-it-yourself" void your warranty "do you feel lucky today, Punk" kit manner, but factory option? I doubt it. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.
Read what Elon said about the solar option for the CT and its lack of bang for the buck in so many words. You are entitled to think it is the best thing since sliced bread, but that doesn't make it a viable option for the majority of CT buyers. Elon recognized that. Buy a gazillion micro-motor CT if you want too. It's a free country. I'm free to expound on why it may not be a good choice for myself if I so choose and others may agree or disagree as they see fit. That doesn't make me a poor mathematician or a bad guy however. Whoever said we all have to have the same opinion or arrive at the same conclusions? I thought that what discourse was all about.
P.S. Where did I say they would never lose charge over time? I was referring to lead-acid batteries and using trickle chargers to keep them up so you didn't have to worry about a dead battery in the winter. I have used the same trickle charger for 53 years now, manufactured back when electronics weren't made in China crap and they held up. You know you could show a little politeness and ask for clarification instead of being so snitty. I could use other terminology but I'm a gentleman so I won't. Your snittiness is uncalled for.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Lots of words to prove you don't know diddly and squat,

If you think a trickle charger made years ago is good...

You and your racism are past date.

-Crissa

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Lots of words to prove you don't know diddly and squat,

If you think a trickle charger made years ago is good...

You and your racism are past date.

-Crissa
I don't know who you are or what your position with Tesla is (if any), but just because someone has an opinion different from yours doesn't give you license to be rude. You are a very rude individual. Racism? I'm white, my wife a Mexican National, my son and step daughter mixed race, my Best Man from Ghana Africa and blacker than you or any American black claiming 'African American heritage' , and I have hosted a host of exchange students from all over the world for long term placement each time. Your "racist" accusation is worn out and falls flat, and is based on ignorance and hatred.
My trickle charger works fine for my ICE. It charges my battery which is what I need it to do. I never inferred that it would be used on a Tesla. It is you who jumped to conclusions based on ignorance, not me. You are just a nasty person who wants to fight with anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion. Go look somewhere else. I'm not interested. I didn't look for a fight with you. You got ugly. I even made a public apology to you for mistaking something you said about Elon for something I thought you were referring to me about. Maybe you were. I apologized to you anyway. Looks like you didn't deserve any humility on my part.
Now that you have made public personal attacks against me, perhaps you are the one who has broken the rules of the forum, unless a double standard protects you. There is no need to be nasty, Crissa. I could make you look like an absolute fool in my field of expertise but would show some kindness and understanding realizing that you didn't make it as far in school as I did. Step into my arena and you'll look like a blithering idiot, but I would be kind to you.
Lighten up.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I don't know who you are or what your position with Tesla is (if any), but just because someone has an opinion different from yours doesn't give you license to be rude. You are a very rude individual. Racism? I'm white, my wife a Mexican National, my son and step daughter mixed race, my Best Man from Ghana Africa and blacker than you or any American black claiming 'African American heritage' , and I have hosted a host of exchange students from all over the world for long term placement each time. Your "racist" accusation is worn out and falls flat, and is based on ignorance and hatred.
My trickle charger works fine for my ICE. It charges my battery which is what I need it to do. I never inferred that it would be used on a Tesla. It is you who jumped to conclusions based on ignorance, not me. You are just a nasty person who wants to fight with anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion. Go look somewhere else. I'm not interested. I didn't look for a fight with you. You got ugly. I even made a public apology to you for mistaking something you said about Elon for something I thought you were referring to me about. Maybe you were. I apologized to you anyway. Looks like you didn't deserve any humility on my part.
Now that you have made public personal attacks against me, perhaps you are the one who has broken the rules of the forum, unless a double standard protects you. There is no need to be nasty, Crissa. I could make you look like an absolute fool in my field of expertise but would show some kindness and understanding realizing that you didn't make it as far in school as I did. Step into my arena and you'll look like a blithering idiot, but I would be kind to you.
Lighten up.
To be farir to Elon the Aptera solar car was mentioned prior to solar on the CT. He never said that it was cost effective just that the solar like the Aptera isn't cost effective.. or that is how I remember it. Oh and yes you are racist just because you have black friends and a Mexican wife doesn't make you less racist. Your comment on China crap shows that you think stuff made in China is crap because it is made in China. Funny thing is I remember when everyone talked about Japanese crap and how they were gonna own the world.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
To be farir to Elon the Aptera solar car was mentioned prior to solar on the CT. He never said that it was cost effective just that the solar like the Aptera isn't cost effective.. or that is how I remember it. Oh and yes you are racist just because you have black friends and a Mexican wife doesn't make you less racist. Your comment on China crap shows that you think stuff made in China is crap because it is made in China. Funny thing is I remember when everyone talked about Japanese crap and how they were gonna own the world.
I fail to see how saying "China crap" is racist as China is a Country, a defined LAND mass, a non-living sectioned off piece of Earth NOT an individual. I enjoy eating pork hocks and "pissed off Germans" ( sauerkraut - get it? ), I am not racist against myself or my mother or any other German or "Don't mess with Texas" doesn't mean Texas is being glorified or viewed as a BULLY ( this one started out as a campaign to curb/halt littering, which by the way really helped beautify the State, but someone somewhere is gonna get triggered over those words and...).

There are many foods wherein one can say "that's racist or derogatory or ...."

Sometimes life is too serious and then we argue and fight for the assertions of "I AM RIGHT" and "YOU ARE WRONG".

Keep calm and CT on. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Just because you can't see why your attitude is racist, doesn't make it not racist. It also doesn't say how intensely racist it is, either.

I don't have time to explain to you electronics, let alone civility. And so I called it, and am done.

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I fail to see how saying "China crap" is racist as China is a Country, a defined LAND mass, a non-living sectioned off piece of Earth NOT an individual. I enjoy eating pork hocks and "pissed off Germans" ( sauerkraut - get it? ), I am not racist against myself or my mother or any other German or "Don't mess with Texas" doesn't mean Texas is being glorified or viewed as a BULLY ( this one started out as a campaign to curb/halt littering, which by the way really helped beautify the State, but someone somewhere is gonna get triggered over those words and...).

There are many foods wherein one can say "that's racist or derogatory or ...."

Sometimes life is too serious and then we argue and fight for the assertions of "I AM RIGHT" and "YOU ARE WRONG".

Keep calm and CT on. ?
Yeah right, when you say China crap you mean the land mass and its not code for Chinese crap. China crap is prejudicial against things made in China, as if all things made in China are terrible due to them being manufactured in China.
I am racist all the time myself, but I don't go about pretending I'm not and don't get me wrong there are many reasons to be critical of China.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I think your comparison of a backup generator and a daily production system cost is deliberately skewed. You claim to be a PhD so I am sure that you have critical thinking skills and know how to do math.
Perhaps solar is not cost effective for your unique location or perhaps it's too capitol intensive for your situation, but solar is the already the cheapest energy ever produced so arguing that you have a cheaper solution makes it look like you didn't do the math or that you are fearful of change. And all that has nothing to do with solar on a vehicle.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Well, first of all, where did I ever claim to be a PhD? Hmm? If you gloss over obvious details like others on this site have done, you may have difficulty handling a CT. This is exactly why Elon is a leader and an innovator, and not a follower. He doesn't propagate his own errors. He not only fixes them, turns them into improvements too.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
So that's what it takes to be a racist? Really? Call me whatever you want, Crissa. I don't shrink with your labels. I know who and what I am and am not. You couldn't pick me out of a crowd of two or even one and you pontificate about my predilections? That makes your twisted mind the prejudicial one. Do you even know what that word means?
You are anti anyone who shares a differing opinion from you, unless you can force them to succumb to your browbeating. Not going to happen here. I've tried to not fight with you on multiple posts but you persist. I will defend myself against your baseless accusations. You started the snide and unnecessary remarks, not me. Tolerance and diversity are two things you and your ilk only give lip service to.
Now if you want to do a reset here, I'll do a reset, but cut the crap. Before you post something inflammatory, how about asking for some clarification first? You came in scrapping for a fight, not me. Perhaps Elon is your brother-in-law giving you a Teflon coating, I don't know and I don't care. Elon stands on his own merit. You have revealed your nature and character to all here as a mean spirited person who derives pleasure from attempting to belittle those she disagrees with. Just another type of bully. I learned how to handle bullies a very long time ago.
Japanese crap? At the time, it was true. Their quality standards were not up to par. Own the world? Never heard of that. Must have just been in the circles you ran with, but Japan improved their quality in manufacturing significantly and we have all benefited from it. China is not there yet. The difference is that Japan is a free nation while China is a communist country. Tons of poor quality merchandise imported from there. It is the majority of what they export to us, not the minority, from toxic wallboard, deadly melamine contaminated pet food, cadmium laced painted children's toys, contaminated baby formula, the list goes on. Incompetence or intentional? Who knows, but it is "made in China crap" none-the-less. I choose not to buy it, but that doesn't make me a "racist", but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and call me one. No skin off my nose. I won't quiver because "Crissa" calls me a 'racist'.
You inappropriately link things together. Things made in China are not crap because they are made in a particular geographic location. It is crap because most (but not all) of the people making it don't have the mindset (or skills) to produce quality items. They just happen to be living and working in China. For instance, if you were handed a set of tools and raw materials and told to produce just one Tesla, you would produce what would become known worldwide as CrissaCrap. If you were told your life and the lives of your children (assuming you have any) depended on it, you would still produce more CrissaCrap. You would become famous for it (or infamous). People like me would refuse to buy your CrissaCrap no matter how cheap it sold for, because it wouldn't be worth crap. Would make me and others who refuse to buy CrissaCrap racists? I think what it means is that someone is running out of names to call and is reverting to the childhood "I know you are but what am I!" adage. I don't give a damn about being called a racist by you or anyone else. I know what I am and am not. People who actually know me know that there isn't a racist bone in my body and that anyone who says different is a lier or doesn't know me or both. Cut the crap, Crissa. This is the last olive branch I'm going to extend to you.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Well, first of all, where did I ever claim to be a PhD? Hmm? If you gloss over obvious details like others on this site have done, you may have difficulty handling a CT. This is exactly why Elon is a leader and an innovator, and not a follower. He doesn't propagate his own errors. He not only fixes them, turns them into improvements too.
It is possible that you never claimed to be a PhD, although you claimed to be the top of your field, you told us that your sons are and your screen name is drscot which can easily be read as Dr scot. When others have called you Dr. You did not correct them.

Hi Dr. anytime I have solar things like your flashlight, I put them in a window sill on the southfacing side of my house. Of course there aren't any trees or shade there, and they are always charged up.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
So it is how you think, not how you live that counts? Stay in the box? I posted what Elon said and it was in reference to the CT. But again, if someone wants to spend a bazillion bucks on 15 miles a day maximum, by all means. I'm not a bad guy because I choose not to. I ordered a dual motor because it was worth 10k to go from single to dual motor, but not worth an extra 20k to go from dual to tri. Some people will want all the whiz-bang possible, including levitation and horizontal modulation with circumgravitational axis rotation. I can talk about it all I want and choose to buy it or not to buy it for as long as this is still a free country, right?

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
It is possible that you never claimed to be a PhD, although you claimed to be the top of your field, you told us that your sons are and your screen name is drscot which can easily be read as Dr scot. When others have called you Dr. You did not correct them.
I don't mess with them. I just plug them in. I'd use solar in a pinch, but if at home I always have electricity. But you are right, putting it on my dashboard while driving south would be another good idea. Thanks!