O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I reserved a Tri-motor in late june with FSD and then a dual in July (missing the 7K FSD cutoff).
I'm fine with another 2-3 year wait so I can decide how much $ to part with.
The dual will probably be fine but if only the Tri-motor gets the 4680's I might have to rethink the options.
I believe all CTs will get the new 4680 batteries.....I might be mistaken but I think I am right
Sponsored

FHWizard

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester Sport, M3 LR, MY LR, CT tri reserv
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I believe all CTs will get the new 4680 batteries.....I might be mistaken but I think I am right
That would be good. I don't remember where I heard that they might be using different chemistries. But, of course that's just speculation.

CyberG

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 P85+
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Iā€™m hoping that Tesla takes a similar approach as the past with reservations, in that they will prioritize region and current Tesla owners along with trim level. Of course Iā€™m being selfish, but I live in SoCal and am a current owner with a tri motor on order, so I hope I can jump up in line. But I think we are all underestimating the number of people who will not follow through with the order. I saw a video of some numb nut who ordered like 50 CTs, obviously he isnā€™t going to fill more than one of those. I plopped down $1k for the M3 and ended up not ordering one. A $100 reservation fee doesnā€™t really weed out the serious buyers. Iā€™m 304k in line per the online estimators, but that likely includes all S/X/3 orders that went in during that time as well. Needless to say I will probably be waiting some time before I get that coveted email.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Iā€™m hoping that Tesla takes a similar approach as the past with reservations, in that they will prioritize region and current Tesla owners along with trim level. Of course Iā€™m being selfish, but I live in SoCal and am a current owner with a tri motor on order, so I hope I can jump up in line. But I think we are all underestimating the number of people who will not follow through with the order. I saw a video of some numb nut who ordered like 50 CTs, obviously he isnā€™t going to fill more than one of those. I plopped down $1k for the M3 and ended up not ordering one. A $100 reservation fee doesnā€™t really weed out the serious buyers. Iā€™m 304k in line per the online estimators, but that likely includes all S/X/3 orders that went in during that time as well. Needless to say I will probably be waiting some time before I get that coveted email.
it may or may not help if you are an owner...I have a M3 and MS...Truck on order and I am 46,140 in line....we will see how thing pan out...I agree not all reservations will be acted on though....

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
So can we assume IHS data is as accurate as investor ratings on stock valuation?

With the way Tesla is more vertically integrated than typical OEMs and more willing to hand build early production models can we assume this is more closely tied to higher volume production vs production start?

j4ypal

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and CT reservation
Country flag
So can we assume IHS data is as accurate as investor ratings on stock valuation?

With the way Tesla is more vertically integrated than typical OEMs and more willing to hand build early production models can we assume this is more closely tied to higher volume production vs production start?
You never know but I'm guessing Tesla has no interest in hand building production cars. They have hand built at least one prototype and maybe they'll make a few more but their focus will be on building "the machine that makes the machine" (AKA Giga Texas). As Elon said many times, production is hard but they are aiming to be "head and shoulders above competition" when it comes to manufacturing.

As they have done for other vehicle programs (and as other OEMs do), they will slowly ramp up the production equipment and processes to make sure they iron out all the kinks before they are fully ramped. But before they even begin true production, they will have all the normal steps like "trial production".

As many have said, don't expect any meaningful production before the beginning of 2022.

Doug McAllister

First Name
Douglas L McAllister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Everything in this forum is speculation and after watching this for a year Iā€™m tired of all of it. I think Iā€™ll just wait for the final say from Elon and put all this on the back burner.
Iā€™m as anxious as anybody, but this is wasting a lot of time.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not being familiar with the source or its code words, I have some questions for the OP.
1) What is SOP? (Guessing it is not standard operating procedure.)
2) What is EOP?
3) How can Cybertruck be ā€œGen IIIā€ when they havenā€™t even produced Generation 1 yet?

Always best not to leave your audience guessing or assuming they know what you know. I have my uninformed guesses, butā€¦.

ā€˜Long ago there was a thread where we predicted production start dates. I guessed September 2023. Any date before that is just icing on the Cybertruck cake in my view. And since Iā€™m in the 400,000+ club Iā€™m praying for a faster start up.
Start Of Production. End Of Production.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Gen I would have been like the Model S or Roadster, Gen II would have been the 2170 cell and design iteration, and Gen III would be like the 4680 and integrated battery pack. Or it could be based on the hardware version of the computers on board; that's how Zero's are broken out. I have a Gen II bike but the new SR/S is a Gen III bike.

Lotsa things are broken up like that. But I wouldn't expect anything to be on the same battery platform as the Cybertruck at first, but they had planned the new factory Model Ys to have the same kind of structural battery pack...

-Crissa
Sponsored