Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
What CT news do we anticipate hearing today? Delivery timeline, Giga Austin ahead or behind...thoughts? Please add a final word to describe how you anticipate feeling at end of earnings call....happy or sad!!
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
What CT news do we anticipate hearing today? Delivery timeline, Giga Austin ahead or behind...thoughts? Please add a final word to describe how you anticipate feeling at end of earnings call....happy or sad!!
If after "a month or so" miss, by Q2 update Elon meant CT update on Q2 earnings, we should have a lot of juicy stuff and I anticipate 13+ pages of response on this thread. If he is still waiting for Rivian to come out before he can talk, we will get a few teasers like we have been getting in the past.

My happiness or sadness are becoming increasingly independent of Tesla news but I remain curious.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If after "a month or so" miss, by Q2 update Elon meant CT update on Q2 earnings, we should have a lot of juicy stuff and I anticipate 13+ pages of response on this thread. If he is still waiting for Rivian to come out before he can talk, we will get a few teasers like we have been getting in the past.

My happiness or sadness are becoming increasingly independent of Tesla news but I remain curious.
With the Rivian delays and other pickups being pretty far out on the timeline, I’m almost expecting Cybertruck to be the first one out in production. So many others talked big like they were going to have first mover advantage. But by the end of today’s call I’ll probably be thinking that Tesla will be out first.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
With the Rivian delays and other pickups being pretty far out on the timeline, I’m almost expecting Cybertruck to be the first one out in production. So many others talked big like they were going to have first mover advantage. But by the end of today’s call I’ll probably be thinking that Tesla will be out first.
At this point I am happy with any BEV trucks on the road just as a proof of concept that Trucks can run on batteries. Seeing a Tow test up the mountain by an actual owner in Colorado with any production truck (Rivian, Lightening or CT) is just as good for me. I am more interested in the difference between them and an ICE truck than I am in how they compare to each other at this point. Folks are talking about an 11 hour ICE towing trip taking 17+ hours with an EV truck. Aside from charging complications that may come from having a camper behind you. If a Rivian does OK, I know CT will be OK too. So I don't mind at all if Rivian come out first. If towing is too much of a pain, I may consider a smaller EV for daily commute and an ICE/hybrid for towing.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I suspect the Rivian will be first out the gate. So long as Tesla isn’t too long after, it probably doesn’t matter.

I think Tesla is the only company prepared to deliver vehicles in any kind of volume.

Ford struggling to build out the 50,000 Mach E’s they promised this year. GM is shipping the Hummer which will require massive battery packs just to get to the end of the block. Rivian is a bit of a dark horse, it’s not quite clear what kind of volume they are going to be shipping.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I think we will get a general "Giga Texas starting production in Q3" knowing damn well that it could slip to q4" .

I would still say we would be incredibly lucky to get a CT update....but no news is good news.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just want to get past hearing all the 'Tesla doesn't have the economy of scale to continue making EVs vs the big three'.
After hearing something like this phrase over and over along with “When big auto decides to pursue EVs…”.

The fact that Tesla is apparently able to pivot to producing trucks so much quicker than Ford/ GM/ Dodge have been able to pivot to EVs is huge. I suspect Ford, GM, and Ram thought they had big enough moat to protect their bread and butter and this was a big eye opener.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I just want to get past hearing all the 'Tesla doesn't have the economy of scale to continue making EVs vs the big three' FUD.

-Crissa
Well after Texas and Berlin are up and running, Tesla will be the production envy of many oems

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
7 of 10 EVs delivered last year were Teslas. Like, how much of the market does Tesla have to have to be considered equal?

If they sold a million cars in the US, that would still only be 9 of 10 EVs. And they're planning on having that level production next year.

I just... What economy of scale? Do people not realize that GM hasn't significantly changed the number of EVs it sells every year over the last five?

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I suspect the Rivian will be first out the gate. So long as Tesla isn’t too long after, it probably doesn’t matter.

I think Tesla is the only company prepared to deliver vehicles in any kind of volume.

Ford struggling to build out the 50,000 Mach E’s they promised this year. GM is shipping the Hummer which will require massive battery packs just to get to the end of the block. Rivian is a bit of a dark horse, it’s not quite clear what kind of volume they are going to be shipping.
The Rivian R1T will be a niche player in the BEV pickup market. I predict sales volume will be similar to the Ford Raptor which sells roughly 25k units per year. The steep MSRP, lack of physical service centers and no Supercharging network will make a lot of potential buyers look at the competition.

Last edited:

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Rivian will be a niche player in the BEV pickup market. I predict sales volume will be similar to the Ford Raptor which sells roughly 25k units per year. The steep MSRP, lack of physical service centers and no Supercharging network will make a lot of potential buyers look at the competition.
this... +1

And people dont like Tesla's service? Just wait....

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I expect that giga Texas is on track to begin production in q3. Significant sections of that factory have been dry in for months. I also expect to hear that Cybertruck is on track to begin that production in q3 with delivers expected in q4. Why? Because there is no reason that the original timeline would have slipped. We already know that semi is entering production so 4680 isn't a problem. We already know that they are calibrating robots so they factory is ready to that point. We already know that giga press is on location and producing. What we don't know is that it's an 8000 ton one.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well let’s listen to what the “expert” Gordon has to say….
Tax credits have never been more than a short term profit financing play. Tesla was able to briefly able to profit from competitors short sightedness to finance their own operations.
Sponsored