Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Good luck with that. Not being able to sell in TX has put a quash on any Texas deliveries which just boggles the mind.
Picking up in TX is not the same as buying in TX. No matter what the TX legislature does we can buy elsewhere and come pick up in TX.
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Picking up in TX is not the same as buying in TX. No matter what the TX legislature does we can buy elsewhere and come pick up in TX.
Nebraska has the same anti-competitive law that Texas does. I will have to buy my Cybertruck and pick it up in another state. So far we don’t know what Texas will do in that regards. It’s stupid and backward thinking, especially considering there are billions of dollars being invested by Tesla, Boring Co., SpaceX in Texas.

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Nebraska has the same anti-competitive law that Texas does. I will have to buy my cyber truck and pick it up in another state. So far we don’t know what Texas will do in that regards. It’s stupid and backward thinking, especially considering there is billions of dollars being invested by Tesla, Boring Co., SpaceX in Texas.

Those BILLIONS going to suppliers & workers are meaningless
unless enough hundreds of thousands go into the right pockets.

If you want to know the right pockets, follow the money trail from the source at the car dealers.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I tried this with my Model Y.

I was going to pick it up in California to speed up delivery. They told me I'd have to pay California sales taxes on the car even if I registered it in Oregon.

That was under different circumstances, it wasn't a pre-ordered car. Texas law could also be different.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Texas IS different. You don’t pay sales tax until you register here. If you ain’t, you won’t…

Don’t Kalifirnia my Tehas, y’all!

It’s still early, all you FUD mongers need to chill… This will work out.

Come and Take It.

Ăź

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Yes, California is different than every other state. Every other state only makes you pay sales tax when you register your car in that state, but California levies the fee (use tax, sales tax? not sure which it actually is) when you PURCHASE in California. When you bring it to your home state, they'll likely require you to pay the sales tax and registration fees, even the ones you paid in CA. It's crazy!

As far as Teslas and Texas, although I live in Arkansas, I officially bought my Model 3 in Texas. It was how I avoided paying the California charges. I was anxiously waiting for it, so when my sales rep updated me on it's in-route location (Dallas) I asked if I could go to Dallas to pick it up a few days earlier, but was told that I couldn't, because Tesla can't sell them in Texas. But apparently they can sell them FROM Texas. Arkansas doesn't have a Tesla showroom anywhere in the state and it is illegal to sell Teslas in Arkansas... Lawd these dealership laws are stupid.:rolleyes:

I'm afraid to find out what's going to happen when I have to buy my CyberTruck from Texas to Arkansas. I was really looking forward to picking my CyberTruck up at the Gigafactory, maybe take a tour, possibly drive in through the 4x4 test/demo trails I'm hoping Elon will have built on some of the acreage around the plant. THAT would be awesome!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I saw the thread title "Rear wheel steering". So I clicked, expecting to see posts about rear wheel steering. Silly me! :unsure:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, in California you can also deduct other sales tax from income tax, tho it's a pain and limited, and Federal also used to let you do that.

-Crissa

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
When I was in an Ammo Unit in the Army we had 6k Pettibone rough terrain forklifts. They could crab, cramp (rear and front wheels turn opposite) and oscillate (tilt). They were powered by a screaming 4 hole Detroit diesel that would deafen you in short order. Pretty amazing machines just like the amazing machine we are all chomping at the bit to get our grubby paws on. I hope all these new add ons are not going to price me out of the race. I'm already considering upgrading to a tri-motor.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
really? try and keep on CT not politics and other shit not related at all. ?
What politics? It's not politics that we have to pay tax on our trucks, or that laws make it awkward to purchase them because of regulatory capture. No one is naming teams or politicians. Just that we have to deal with it as it is or you can talk to your states' politicians and try to fix it.

We can't fix it for you, but we can talk about the work-arounds.

I'm sorry we don't have any idea about how the rear-wheel steering will work past the first couple pages of this thread.

-Crissa

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
What politics? It's not politics that we have to pay tax on our trucks, or that laws make it awkward to purchase them because of regulatory capture. No one is naming teams or politicians. Just that we have to deal with it as it is or you can talk to your states' politicians and try to fix it.

We can't fix it for you, but we can talk about the work-arounds.

I'm sorry we don't have any idea about how the rear-wheel steering will work past the first couple pages of this thread.

-Crissa
perhaps a separate thread on taxes then.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can live with a four wheel steering system. It’s always a better choice than the rival’s Tank steering that tears up the vegetation and grass and cause unnecessary erosion.
Sponsored