Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
perhaps a separate thread on taxes then.
You hear a lot about "soaking the rich" and making them pay their "fair share", although not one of those bastards will say what percentage is deemed to be a "fair share".Not even when pinned down. As a self-employed small employer, I could easily total my tax rate at 65%, and that didn't include real estate taxes, sales taxes, excise taxes, or impending death taxes among others. I asked my accountant to total up what percentage I paid of my income to ALL SOURCES (federal, state, county, city, etc etc etc) as a small (4 employees) employer and self employed (remember, I had to pay half of their medicare and SS taxes and both halves of mine among others too), and my accountant came up with an astounding 89.83%. I closed my doors. So what was my "fair share" according to those bastards? "Protect your penny!" was their pitch for maintaining a one cent sales tax for local roads. Damn straight I'm going to protect my penny when I have less than 11 cents out of a dollar after "fair sharers" shake me down! I vote against every single tax hike on the ballot. I knew I paid a lot, but I didn't have a clue how high it really was. What will they go for when they reach and then exceed the 100% mark? Limbs Taliban style, or my firstborn? We are damn close to it now. What would you all have to say if they changed "soak the rich" to "soak Tesla owners!?" The "rich" owe no higher percentage than anybody else. They are equal citizens under the law. "Make the rich pay" comes straight from Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto, the second plank to be exact." A heavy, progressive, or graduated income tax." Read all ten planks and see if you don't recognize the descriptions of policies that have been instilled and embedded right here among us.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
There's no emoji response for *groan*

-Crissa
Well, valve stems rank right up there too, and don't forget the Tesla emblazoned valve stem caps that will reduce wind resistance by at least 0.00000000002%

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Well, valve stems rank right up there too, and don't forget the Tesla emblazoned valve stem caps that will reduce wind resistance by at least 0.00000000002%
I would like to know number, size and thread pitch of the lug nuts/studs!?

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I would like to know number, size and thread pitch of the lug nuts/studs!?
All you need to know is whether or not they are made in China. I believe they call those "Chinese parts". My last batch of Chinese lug caps came only three of the four. Par for the course.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I hope this is just an option. Im not excited about from stuff to break.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I hope this is just an option. Im not excited about from stuff to break.
Then perhaps you would be more interested in the CT Unicycle design. The only thing to break is you if you fall off of it!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You hear a lot about "soaking the rich" and making them pay their "fair share", although not one of those bastards will say what percentage is deemed to be a "fair share".Not even when pinned down. As a self-employed small employer, I could easily total my tax rate at 65%, and that didn't include real estate taxes, sales taxes, excise taxes, or impending death taxes among others. I asked my accountant to total up what percentage I paid of my income to ALL SOURCES (federal, state, county, city, etc etc etc) as a small (4 employees) employer and self employed (remember, I had to pay half of their medicare and SS taxes and both halves of mine among others too), and my accountant came up with an astounding 89.83%. I closed my doors. So what was my "fair share" according to those bastards? "Protect your penny!" was their pitch for maintaining a one cent sales tax for local roads. Damn straight I'm going to protect my penny when I have less than 11 cents out of a dollar after "fair sharers" shake me down! I vote against every single tax hike on the ballot. I knew I paid a lot, but I didn't have a clue how high it really was. What will they go for when they reach and then exceed the 100% mark? Limbs Taliban style, or my firstborn? We are damn close to it now. What would you all have to say if they changed "soak the rich" to "soak Tesla owners!?" The "rich" owe no higher percentage than anybody else. They are equal citizens under the law. "Make the rich pay" comes straight from Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto, the second plank to be exact." A heavy, progressive, or graduated income tax." Read all ten planks and see if you don't recognize the descriptions of policies that have been instilled and embedded right here among us.
At least you get the "benefit" of paying taxes in fake fiat currency...whilst they print as much as they want under MMT.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
At least you get the "benefit" of paying taxes in fake fiat currency...whilst they print as much as they want under MMT.
As it always has been.

All currency is fake. It's currency. Adding logistics problems to currency is dumb and allows people to corner the market. Which is bad, GIR.

-Crissa

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Curious, would a currency based on gold be a fake fiat currency? or a real fiat currency, or simply a currecy? Not sure I understand what you mean by a fake fiat currency.

Mar4k

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Civic
Occupation
Custom Shop Tech
Country flag
BTW the rear suspension is likely to be pushrod
Heyo, I read this and your other writeup on the suspension and got an account just to talk to you about it. I think you might be correct, with some evidence supporting and some against. It's clear from photos of the various prototypes that there's no shock tower between the wheel and bed, so whatever is there fits beneath the bed. That said, I was looking at YT videos of the F150L and its rear coilovers appear to fit under the bed: So it seems possible the CT has a more conventional suspension.

With some effort I was able to dig up a few photos: 1. the front suspension on the original prototype 2. the rear on the original and 3. the rear on the pedestal'd prototype at Cyber Rodeo.

In 1 we see the shaft going nearly straight up to the air shock, like we'd expect. In 2, we can see whatever is connected goes up at quite an angle! But it sort of looks like a regular truck strut, not a push rod. 3. is harder to see altogether... we see the drive shaft and sway bar link. There are two bolts poking out the bottom, suggesting maybe they want to swap out different things for testing?

Anyways curious what you had to say about what I've uncovered.

Tesla Cybertruck Rear Wheel Steering IMG_1879.PNG

Tesla Cybertruck Rear Wheel Steering IMG_1883.PNG

Tesla Cybertruck Rear Wheel Steering IMG_1885.PNG

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Heyo, I read this and your other writeup on the suspension and got an account just to talk to you about it. I think you might be correct, with some evidence supporting and some against. It's clear from photos of the various prototypes that there's no shock tower between the wheel and bed, so whatever is there fits beneath the bed. That said, I was looking at YT videos of the F150L and its rear coilovers appear to fit under the bed: So it seems possible the CT has a more conventional suspension.

With some effort I was able to dig up a few photos: 1. the front suspension on the original prototype 2. the rear on the original and 3. the rear on the pedestal'd prototype at Cyber Rodeo.

In 1 we see the shaft going nearly straight up to the air shock, like we'd expect. In 2, we can see whatever is connected goes up at quite an angle! But it sort of looks like a regular truck strut, not a push rod. 3. is harder to see altogether... we see the drive shaft and sway bar link. There are two bolts poking out the bottom, suggesting maybe they want to swap out different things for testing?

Anyways curious what you had to say about what I've uncovered.

IMG_1879.PNG

IMG_1883.PNG

IMG_1885.PNG
Don’t know if this a difference but that looks like one of the older prototypes. The hitches receiver area is pretty flushed out on the newer ones.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Don’t know if this a difference but that looks like one of the older prototypes. The hitches receiver area is pretty flushed out on the newer ones.
Yeah, first two photos are the museum showing, the latter is from GigaTexas Cyber Rodeo.

-Crissa
Sponsored