Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, eagerly awaiting my Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Country flag
This sucks. Wonder how many people will jump to F 150 Lightning due to the wait. I'm sure several.
I put in a reservation due to this issue, however, given the upper cost that Ford is planning for, 75k for a 400-mile truck seems excessive, perhaps more info will come out later this year. Also, really awaiting to see the build quality and if they can even deliver given current supply chain issues.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This will be the LONGEST 1+ Year WAIT in most CT reservation holders lives! ?

Time will just drag along waiting for tidbits of information from Elon.

Anyone feel like Rip Van Winkle yet? ?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Did the same.... almost Model Y
Me too. Once I sell my f350 I'll be able to accept delivery of my mY, Tesla has been bugging me about it for about 2 weeks now.

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I took delivery of a Model Y last week. Glad to have it as a bridge to hold me over a little. I miss having a truck though.
This is my only fear! I have a Ram and it’s super great, huge, comfy, but it’s a eco monster! But fuel is expensive! I don’t want to lose the room and the bed to throw sandy beach toys in, but at the same time I want a Tesla to make my everyday commute more enjoyable and responsible… stupid?

Royal Fish

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I thought we'd all come to accept the timing weeks ago. Is this news to anyone?

I was super happy they confirmed the timeline because I was worried the delays from the 4680 might persist.

The fact that they will have 4680 production ramped up to 10GW fast enough o start production of the Model Y is huge to me.
Confirmed the time line??? I hope your right !

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
This is my only fear! I have a Ram and it’s super great, huge, comfy, but it’s a eco monster! But fuel is expensive! I don’t want to lose the room and the bed to throw sandy beach toys in, but at the same time I want a Tesla to make my everyday commute more enjoyable and responsible… stupid?
Your only fear? I am worried about driving my 72 Ford with a big block anywhere but locally. The fuel costs here are in the high $3s and as much as I love my baby, it will make my ears ring, my back hurt, and then there is the constant human interaction of no A/C, no cruise control, and no entertainment below 80 dB

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
This sucks. Wonder how many people will jump to F 150 Lightning due to the wait. I'm sure several.
I hope they do. That way my place in line comes earlier. I am certain whichever truck people choose will out perform the I.C.E. version, so they will be happy... as long as they don't try to compete with the cybertruck.

OffGrid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Elon says Cybertruck and Semi will be in production end of 2022 and volume production in 2023
I read these different replies and simply shake my head. There is no way Tesla can build a new factory that can support a completely new innovation product line AND deliver the product in roughly 1.5 years. I am not surprised at all that Elon moved the deadline again. 2020-21 = new factory. 2022 = production line up and running with with normal setbacks that occur with new building material/processes = end of 2022 with volume production 2023 is a realistic timeline that I expected from the beginning. I just wait for Tesla to figure it out and deliver their time line changes - Especially with added issues of chip and battery production, Covid and all the variabilities that occur to boot. I will await MY Cybertruck patiently and with full understanding I will have the BEST and most AMAZING truck. Those of us who follow Tesla know that Elon thinks big, pushes hard and his mouth says what his heart desires to achieve - but the reality is so often longer. As far as I'm concerned, the Cybertruck is on on target and on time!

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
I'm happy to wait until 2023-2025 (given my late reservation). I already have a 3/4 ton truck and a couple BEVs, so I am not desperate for a specific vehicle. I will only be in a better financial position when my CT is ready.
Sponsored